Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 55 Chevy sectioned and shortened

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cerberus, Apr 12, 2020.

1. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I never liked those short cars, they look hideous

2. Hombre

Hombre

That's not nearly as bad. Maybe with a little vision and a lot of work this poor hacked up little tri-five could be saved. Maybe!!!

straykatkustoms and 31hotrodguy like this.
  3. Budget36

Budget36

I think if it used 4 door doors instead of those, it would look more balanced.

4. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

That’s much better. The vertical paint divider being on the door instead of the rear quarter throws off the look, as well as the top which curves back and down too quick. Being a solid color makes it look longer, too.

It could be fixed by some of you metalmen that have a good sense of proportion. Would it be worth it? That’s up to you to decide. I think it would make a good “ special” like guys used to build at home.

straykatkustoms and 31hotrodguy like this.
  5. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

Looks like a Metropolitan.
    ChevMet.jpg

31hotrodguy and Hombre like this.
  6. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

F275B586-9F8B-420A-AF59-5139221E2829.jpeg The only hope would be to hammer it into a concept type of design

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    jimmy six, 31hotrodguy and Hombre like this.
  7. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

Insulting a Nash is un-called for.

blowby, 31hotrodguy, tubman and 2 others like this.
  8. 5 pages of suggestions and I bet you are tired of reading!
    I personally never saw a shortened car that looked better than stock.
    That's more than 60 years.
    I think it's been said but you better love it 'cause to will never find another buyer!
    Just my $.02

31hotrodguy, kidcampbell71 and nochop like this.
  9. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Shortened bed on a '34 p/u maybe but certainly not this.

greaser, nochop and Tony Martino like this.
  10. I saw a early body 4dr Corvair shortened that looked like it should have been built that way.

nochop likes this.
  11. There is nothing one can do to correct it .......it is just a mistake ....although the builder had some good skills in his work but lsd is a dangerous drug better left alone .

31hotrodguy likes this.
  12. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Why is the owner trying to sell ? his wife cut him off, his moma slapped him, his kids ran away from home, his dog hides in shame, .. all of the above...

31hotrodguy and nochop like this.
  13. Pass The Torch

Pass The Torch
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is an OT Nova local to me that has real short doors on it. Judging by the paint, it was done late 80s, early 90s. It’s an eye catcher, but beyond that.....?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. Hey tb, You mean this?
    OMG it's awefull!!!!
    071216-Barn-Finds-1960-Chevrolet-Corvair-1.jpg

31hotrodguy likes this.
  15. No contest!!!
    This stocker is SSSOOO much better!
    64b76ec6992870baeb78dae6ff2aeea5.jpg

16. that is not the one but I do think it is better shortened.

17. Hard for me to see but everybody is different!

18. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

19. SR100

SR100

I thought that the cockpit should be further back, so I did a down & dirty variant of StrayKat's car:
    upload_2020-4-20_3-25-27.jpeg
    It's bigger than a Corvette and smaller than a Cruiser, should we call it a Destroyer?
    Only catch is that you'd also have to take about eight inches out of the width too, or it still looks wrong.

20. That thing looks like a blushing dwarf on a nasty-party high. I mean, that thing is INTENSELY disagreeable.

Which means it might just run like a cut cat and stop & steer on a dime! Maybe, just maybe, a really GOOD TIME!

If it's cheap, and has gow.. can you handle the barbs?..

21. southcross2631

southcross2631

A customer paid me a lot of money for me to finish this car. I got it on trade for some Model A parts and was going to build a low dollar wheelstander. I put it on Racing junk and he told me that his high school buddy had one and he was old enough to have his own so we started on it . It had been cobbled up when I got it and it took 2 years to get it to the stage in the picture.
    It is still a clown car but at least it didn't get crushed. He spent way more money than he should have but he was the customer and I was just doing the work. 20170801_184945_001 (1).jpg

31hotrodguy likes this.
  22. Zykotec

Zykotec

It just needs a decent engine and some larger rear wheels. And less front bumper
    20200420_155633.jpg

23. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I know what that somebitch needs, cut the body off and turn it around on the frame so it goes down the road backwards, now that would be cool!!:)

Nostrebor and 31hotrodguy like this.
  24. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Looks like on of those cars a young kid would draw where the proportions are all messed up, only its in real life.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. I think that one could be made to look better, it takes more then shortening. You have to work with one to get the proportions closer to right but you have to be careful that you don't end up with a mini-car.

I always thought that the mini wagons were kind of cool. I remember seeing on cruising back in the '70s (it really is a kind of a '70s thing) that I chased the guy down because it looked more correct and less cartoony. he said it was more than shortening it, he gave it a mild section and a mild chop. it still looked like a mini wagon but not all cartoony

31hotrodguy and nochop like this.
  26. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Used to have a picture of my dad sitting on that car. Lost the camera, so mad!
    The one and only time he jumped the rope and sat on a car in a museum!

27. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

WHAT A WASTE OF A GOOD CAR

28. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Shortened VW vans were also popular in my neighborhood back then also, a red, white, and blue one still sticks in my brain, with a peace sign painted on the front where the round "VW" used to be.

29. This is a current build that someone is doing, tremendous amount of work, but I would have to cue the Benny Hill song. FB_IMG_1587343395919.jpg FB_IMG_1587343523510.jpg FB_IMG_1587343532443.jpg

30. LOL there was a shortened micro bus in Kansas City Kansas in the '80s. I was over there for a burger at an old burger joint (not fast food) and the guy hit the driveway a little too hard. That combined with the engine still being in the stock location stood it up on end. The guy couldn't get out. it was soooooo funny wish I had a camera. :D