Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods D̶a̶d̶’s̶ My '57 210 Sedan - pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anderson, Jul 4, 2006.

1. flyingpolock

flyingpolock
    from PHX

I keep staring at the pics.... great looking car! The stance is just right, it has a menacing quality about it... After seeing 2-door sedans in virtually every style and configuration, along comes your dad's ride, and all I can think to say is "cool!!"
    Bonus points for the Pontiac, and the painted bumper keeps growing on me! Just too cool for words.

2. talisman

talisman
    from Texas

I dig the hell outta that. Very clean.

3. koachwerks

koachwerks

Damn Fidgiter! Your pop's has the coolest '57 I've seen in a loooong time! Those rims are sweet, not only because they are black, but because the skinny ones up front and the fatter ones in the rear are tastefully done. Nice job.

Koachwerks

4. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

maybe you can talk him into discarding the headrests, but other than that? i say don't touch a thing ( except to reinstall the Muncie!! ), that is one sweet ride!! mike

5. Zumo

Zumo

Very cool.

6. Awesome, thats the first '57 i've seen that I really like..Great job

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

Tell your dad great job......

8. tonydamnread

tonydamnread
    from Nashville

i've literally seen thousands of these and this is by far the best one i've ever seen. being a chevy man, you would think i would like the '57 but i never really got into it. never saw one that made it look correct to me, this one does. but i agree with the man about getting the muncie back in there and i wonder if it's like blasphemy to have a pontiac in there. probably would be if it was a ford engine.

9. Hard Luck

Hard Luck

Nah, I think there's a law that says you can use any GM engine in any GM car. ;) I really like the Pontiac in it too. Matter of fact, I'm putting a '70 Oldsmobile W-31 350 engine in my '50 Ford bidness coupe. :eek: Oops, did I just say that out loud !! :eek: Hah hah !

-Aaron

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. I had a '57 210 sedan once. It was turquoise & white with wide whites. Every time I drove it I felt like I should've had a poodle skirt on.

Your Dad's is a hot rod. Neat car.

JH

11. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

That is so simple.

I love the wild ones, flakes and pearls and such but sometimes it's pure simplicity that makes a difference.

Thanks for the visual Harrison...

12. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Neat car. Glad your old man didn't Bel-Airize it years ago. Ten times cooler that it's running a Pontiac.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. when's he gonna take it to walker's?

14. Spoon

Spoon

I guess I'll have to be a little more carefull which '57s I talk shit about around here.

Great job!

15. el gringo

el gringo
    from Chicago

God damn, I saw this post but ignored it thinking "who wants to see another damn 57 cheby".

Now I feel stupid. That car perfectly captures that mean, sleek, simple look I'm working towards on my shoebox (the ford kind).

Great car. Thanks for the motivation.

(and shhhhhh, don't tell the ford guys, but I've always kinda had a thing for 210's).

16. drkgrn57

drkgrn57
    from rowlett,tx

I am The Fidgeters dad. I finally registered so I could thank everyone for the kind words and comments about my car. And thanks Eric for posting the pics. I really never would have believed the response it reciieved. Oh yeah, it is Reallly Dark Green and the seats were free.

kidcampbell71 and David Gersic like this.
  17. beegator

beegator

18. mark, welcome aboard, the '57's looking good. when are you going to bring it to sammy walker's? how about some subtle (or not so subtle) green stripes since i still owe you a stripe job. daniel

19. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

I like, I like.

-W

20. plymouth53

plymouth53

right on, i like it

21. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

I love a nose high straight axle tri 5.... but that thing is killer!! The stance and wheel / tire combo is perfect.

Baumi likes this.
  22. Car looks badass. Im a fan.

23. drkgrn57

drkgrn57
    from rowlett,tx

Good to here from you daniel. Yeah some stripes would be nice. How about I show up at walkers next Thursday and we talk about it. Mark

24. sounds good.

25. rebarsfords

rebarsfords

That's way bitchin'!!!
    Very cool!!!
    That's a Hot Rod!!!

26. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Good job on the kid too. He's alright, for one of THEM! ;)

27. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

love the stance of that car.

28. sodas38

sodas38

Beautiful, thank your dad for taking such a simple approach to a car that constantly gets overdone!!

29. niterider

niterider
    from seagoville

hey i grew up with this guy, without mark i would probably be happily employed is some office job today, but 1972 was turning point when mark asked me to help pull motor on 55 chev, if only we had pics of some of marks ex rides it wouild fill up this site, this man is real deal hot rodder from old dayz, pullin engines with swingsets etc..., now im just old junkyard dog , my own projects are more monster garage type go karts and stuff for my boy,dont have any extra money for cars like old days, damn kids are too expensive!!!!, gonna kick em out someday and get back on track, thanks for everything mark,need to see you more often. thanks mike a.

30. murdercycles

murdercycles

Tough. Very Tough. Looks like something Smokey Yunick would drive to the garage with, or maybe a very well to do shine runner.
    Ray in CT