Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. I was wondering what the 57-59 ford F100's would look like as a sort of bronco. Anyone wanna try a rendering? 20200406_222546.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

grimmfalcon138 likes this.
  2. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking to put an image to the voices in my head I tried but couldn’t come up with pics from the same angle I am thinking a mash up of Torchies truck with skirts, Royalshifters(now?) front clip with Cad grille, with a nod to the Porter truck with WWW and channeled to upholstered running boards most of the parts are collected but would be awesome to see if the voices in my head are just crazy Thanks D646C66D-49C2-4355-87B0-5B83F62DF00F.jpeg 3C27CABC-EE08-4E0B-B686-04E03B0C8C76.jpeg 745B7942-37D4-4CA7-A50B-217552FBA679.jpeg AFF19587-F76E-4A6D-A771-7637ECE5CD10.jpeg CE0C744C-871E-405A-927A-AC2DEDA79D37.jpeg

BigO likes this.
  3. Squablow

Squablow

Love the Euro style reworked grille and bumper on this rendition! I feel like this would lend itself well to a more sportscar-like convertible/roadster with Carribean style wheel arches front and rear.

Rot 'n Kustom, James D and Sancho like this.
  4. Flamed48

Flamed48

[​IMG]

Could one of gents add some with walls to the car please and thank you

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. madfish

madfish

6. verde742

verde742

Gollee, Its BEE YOU TEE FUL !!!!! radius the rear wheel opening to round,,
    take two aspirin and call be in the morning !!!

7. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

James D, themoose, and Madfish - nice job, all three, especially with that enormous mouth.
    James D - Your version (minus the center bar) reminds me a a certain rare sportscar from the fifties, but I can't put my finger on it. Cunningham maybe?
    themoose - Nice and simple. I tried something like that, but couldn't get the size and perspective right.
    Madfish, Racy eggcrate - I like.

Here is one of the Packard Panamerican showcars. It was originally chopped, sectioned, and channeled by the Henney company and debuted in 1952. This one was customized multiple times by its owner, Ed Macauley (Packard’s styling chief) when he owned it personally.
    PackardPanAm_04.jpg Panamer 00.jpg Panamerican #1.jpg

kiwijeff and James D like this.
  8. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Here's a Willys like yours I did a few years ago. My grandpa had one. AeroLark Final1.jpg

kiwijeff and Peanut 1959 like this.
  9. madfish

madfish

10. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Basically the cad grille in a 46-8 passenger car front clip on a channeled to the running boards F1 like the Porter Truck with skirts and wide whites. A ton of metal work in real life. A chopped custom tail dragger with a bed. An elegant shop truck if you will.

11. Different...

1.jpg

12. That actually looks pretty cool... I wonder what it would look like with the 50's era two tone and "wood" trim.

Sent from my SM-N960U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

themoose and madfish like this.
  14. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

74638e0dc8f138e348c4b6d714f8e5ae.jpg

First thing you need to do it throw (away?) those clip-on Moon-styled discs. They just shout pretender – you couldn't race with them anywhere. Could make good frisbies(?).

15. louisb

louisb

Would one of you Photoshop gurus work your magic on this photo please? Drop it so the fender lip is at the white wall and remove the wooden bed sides. Change the color to a semigloss green and change the chrome grill and bumpers to white paint. Then if you are feeling really generous do a semigloss medium blue one and a semigloss black one as well?

Thanks!

151425_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

16. madfish

madfish

17. Squablow

Squablow

^^ I saw a picture of one of these Willys wagons with the earlier style front clip like Madfish's photoshop rendering, the one I saw was kinda tacky 90's streetrod style but the front clip fit on the body pretty well and it mostly worked. I like the above version's rear fenders better, the 40's front fenders don't mesh well with the boxy wheel openings of the wagon. I think it'd work best with the boxy portion of the body woodgrained.

madfish likes this.
  18. madfish

madfish

Thanks, I've seen the street rod you were referencing. I wasn't envisioning just the front fenders, I was thinking of using
    the whole front clip and making it fit. I don't care about the woodgrain, everyone else has done it.

19. Squablow

Squablow

Me too, all I meant by that comment is that the shape of the early front fender doesn't match the shape of the original rear wheel opening of the wagon, that's why I like your version with narrowed Willys rear fenders, that way the wheel openings match.

madfish likes this.
  20. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

"Would one of you Photoshop gurus work your magic on this photo please? Drop it so the fender lip is at the white wall and remove the wooden bed sides. Change the color to a semigloss green and change the chrome grill and bumpers to white paint. Then if you are feeling really generous do a semigloss medium blue one and a semigloss black one as well?"

. . . and close the hood.

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  21. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

22. @madfish
    A whole different take on this bad boy...:eek:

Custom.jpg

kiwijeff, Rot 'n Kustom and madfish like this.
  23. madfish

madfish

24. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

I had a go; lowered with front wheel arch raised to suit, and a set of 16" Borranis from a Ferrari:
    1951_Packard - lowered.jpg

Slight section. I'm not quite sure if it works:
    1951_Packard - sectioned.jpg

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  25. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

26. Looks like a late '40's jeep style wagon with early 40's front sheet metal adapted to it...If so it is a sweet looking ride, and very well done

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    slv63 likes this.
  27. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All my artwork I post in the "Friday Art Show" is free to copy and use by any HAMBer's...sort of my paying it forward.

Anyway. I've had a couple of members interested in this piece of artwork, but unfortunately, it has some water damage. I was wondering if anyone could "clean it up" so it is more usable for anyone who may want to copy it and I'll re-post it in the Art Show

Thanks
    Jack Murphy

100_4296.jpg

28. Squablow

Squablow

I've got a request that's a bit outside my own meager abilities. The '62 Imperial is mine, I've always wanted a '61 and I have a set of tail fins from a '61 I got from another HAMB member, but I don't have the '61 tail lights anymore.

I'd really like to see what my '62 would look like with the '61 fins on it, with the '61 tail lights (which I'd have to buy another set) and some other options. Maybe '59 Cadillac (a pair on each side with a blister down the quarter panel, just like the actual Caddy has) or shoebox Ford (again, with the blister, I've got some cutoffs from shoebox quarters I could work with) or whatever the resident customizers think would look good. It's an ostentatious car so it can have wild lights, just preferably something not impossible to find.

(Would love to see all options with whitewall tires as well, as long as I'm asking)

20200410_115528.jpg

imperialtailsamecolor.jpg

First car is mine, second car is a pic I found on the internet and flipped. I did my best to find a car of similar color to use for the fins and I tried to take a pic of my car at a similar angle to help it line up.

I know how time consuming stuff like this can be, so thanks in advance!

Sancho likes this.