Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 2 door 150 handyman

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 17, 2019.

1. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your secret's safe with me Bro! Some of these other guy's though... ;):rolleyes:o_O
    Give 'em Hell Lloyd!!!

loudbang and 61Cruiser like this.
  2. Gman0046

Gman0046

Lloyd, if your looking to get a Kentucky Inspection you better get some windshield wipers and turn signals. They are a required inspection items.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  3. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Do you want a grill bar??

4. Yeah around here all the sheriff does is checks the vin on the car and the title for a match. I've lived in other counties where they are picky as hell. Benefits of living in a small town i reckon.

5. Heck yeah! Gotta get a grille also. Mine is destroyed. I don't even have a junk grille bar though.

6. Gman0046

Gman0046

Actually I'm surprised they are even doing inspections right now. In this part of Kentucky the County Clerks Offices are all shutdown due to COVID-19.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Lloyd,
    Since your wagon is currently grille-less, I took the liberty of posting a grille request over on the Photoshop thread, asking for a '58 grille mesh in a '57 opening. I know that's not the color yours is going to be, but I think it looks amazing. Thanks to Moose for the digital manipulation. tapatalk_1586107365226.jpeg tapatalk_1586107370185.jpeg

Stogy, RustyBullet, bchctybob and 8 others like this.
  8. Damn. That looks nice.

loudbang likes this.
  9. Oh they're not doing them here either. It's all closed down.

10. Yeah that's just plain ol sexy :cool:

11. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

It's not that simple, the 58 grill isn't the mesh all the way across, it is made to mount the park light assy and would need to use something like the stock lights to cover that up, possibly the use of the tail lights from a BelAir or Biscayne would fit on there. I have a 58 grill that isn't perfect but could be straightened with a little work, if that might be something you would like to try and also tail light assy from one of my parts cars.

loudbang and Peanut 1959 like this.
  12. What he said^^^^:D

13. Ok my judgemental hot rod brethren, painted the seat tins white. Rattle can job. And i know it's my car, but i look at shit all the time and say i wouldn't have done that. So does white look right? Carpet is black. All of the interior will be white. It doesn't look right to me. Might should've used satin white? Pinstripe the hell out of them and let it ride? 20200408_122819.jpg

14. loudbang

loudbang

Maybe blue like the steering wheel.

15. The only thing that's off is they are brighter white than the vinyl.

Peanut 1959, 427 sleeper and loudbang like this.
  16. Thought about that. Guess I'd have to see it. Almost seems too "extra' if you know what i mean. Thought about blue pinstripe, thought about going back to black, hell I'm lost :rolleyes: not much on interior decorating lol

17. So satin be better?

18. Oh I gotcha! Yeah that's what's fucked up.

loudbang likes this.
  19. It almost seems like the white calls more attention to the tins than is wanted. The subtle mismatch in white color doesn’t help either. Black might have the same effect, just due to the contrast with the white seats. Perhaps something like a satin silver would tone everything down, and provide a more subtle contrast, without being in your face about it.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and scotty t like this.
  20. Hmmmmmmmm silver.... i didn't wanna have to think today ;)

21. What he said^^^^^^

427 sleeper and loudbang like this.
  22. Go mow your hundreds of acres that will clear your mind!

23. Oh! And paint the reveal moldings to match! Shit! Headed to the paint store!

24. Fuck mowing! There's inspiration in the air!

25. belair

belair

26. A little bit darker than I envisioned, but I still think it works. Especially once you get the rest of the black interior around it.

scotty t and loudbang like this.
  27. belair

belair

The above photo was copy/pasted from p. 272 of the trophy girl thread, it's a 59 Chevy grille. The cat's ass is of course, is a 57 Buick grille. Good luck with the car.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    scotty t, 427 sleeper and loudbang like this.
  28. It's a good looking grille. Funny thing is, being the first tri five I've owned, i never thought about putting a different grille in it.

29. Yeah that was the lightest silver they had. The color doesn't bother me too much. But i think it's worth laying everything out and doing it right, instead of the spray bomb. We'll see what happens, watching the storm go through at the moment ;)