Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Check this out..Crazy James Dean Death Car.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Germ, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Germ

Germ

This is the real shipping receipt for the missing pieces of the James Dean Death car. Leroy Gonzalez was the show promoter for the Tampa Auto Show.
    Tampa was the last place the car was seen.
    The pieces of the James Dean car were supposedly sent to Tucson Arizona for the next showing of that Dean Death Car.
    They say that they never arrived to Arizona The promotor said he shipped it..
    Here is some proof that the car was probably shipped from Florida. IMG_20181106_180151.jpg IMG_20181106_180011.jpg IMG_20181106_175837.jpg this is a signed letter by Leroy Gonzalez stating the contract on the rental of the death car and another letter stating that a check would be sent.. The check from the Auto Show bounced.. IMG_20181106_180401.jpg this is the slip that proves that Leroy's check was no good.. IMG_20181106_182649.jpg this is an original photo an 8X10 that I purchased from another collector showing the death car on display.

Have a great day.
    Keep collecting history and doing the research to uncover the truth..
    Cheers..
    -germ

2. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Thanks for sharing this. It's amazing this documentation still exists after 60 years!

kidcampbell71 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Interesting but sad to see that some promoter wanted the car at a show as a draw to get spectators in. I read somewhere maybe 40 years ago that girls and young women were using nail files or whatever to pry chips of paint off the car as souvenirs when it was displayed like that.

lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.
  4. belair

belair

wow-you have access to some wild stuff. Thanks for posting

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dark History but similar to today with the current crisis...death can effect anyone...status bears no mercy

It was a shock to the masses at the time...which was in fact my birth year.

I have pasted a link below about James Dean and I actually checked that out to verify when he met his misfortune...1955

So this display was many years later...many here like myself did not live through his magnetism of those who were of that time...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Dean

Thanks for sharing @Germ

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was born in 60...but evidenced in history prior, especially with Hotrodders and Speeding and death many times being what it was this was a Graphic display much like many of the others over the years...

Shock and Awe and having this being an Icon rather than Joe nobody may have been the motive to drive that message home rather than raking in dollars...just another way of looking at things...despite controversy over what happened that day as like Marilyn things seem to be mired in controversy.

RIP James Dean

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  7. People have been paying to see the Bonnie and Clyde death car for years..........all 15 of them!:eek:

8. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, that´s some interesting history !

9. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

"Carrier not responsible for any damage"...How would you know??

LOST ANGEL and clem like this.
  10. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I saw one Bonny and Clyde car that had been painted after it was shot. Probably the real one.

11. ...........Anything is possible.:D

12. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Five Four Three Two One.

13. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

I heard that the car went to the same people as the original Captain America Easy Rider bike

14. The only reason I called Ryan's attention was over the years he has expressed interest in the car. He has tracked it and if I'm not mistaken at one point he knew where it was.

Stogy, Nicholas Coe and pecker head like this.
  15. pecker head

pecker head

I thought the James Dean Car was in Oklahoma. Do a search.

16. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

Sounds like the build up to a cable show special investigation.

17. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Some Trivia on that very unfortunate crash the resulted in James Dean's Death...

Bill Hickman was first to arrive on the seen very shortly after the crash to come to the rescue of his friends James Dean and German Porsche mechanic Rolf Wütherich who was badly injured but survived.

Who's Bill Hickman ?

Probably one of the most famous stunt car drivers, that few know of but have watched "the" greatest car chase of all time movie a hundred times.

Bill Hickman drove the Black 68 Charger in the Movie Bullit.

Bill was also the stunt driver in the French Connection and Seven-UPS.

18. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

You mean the incomparable Bill Hickman, also the stunt driver in "The French Connection", and other films as well. He also did a little acting, as in "The Seven Ups". PS, he also did some driving in that one as well.

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  19. So was it stolen? Still around or still a great mystery?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. mopacltd

mopacltd

The plot thickens!

21. Germ

Germ

Ryan knew where it was?

pecker head likes this.
  22. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

And we await the answer. I think a secret is involved here. Which is fine. I belonged to the Knights of the mystic sea lodge so I understand secrets. :D

23. alchemy

alchemy

Wasn't there a Porsche in Ryan's recent garage tour video?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  24. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

I believe I saw it in the garage as well..

25. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

James Dean a movie actor, probably took Drama classes in high school while the rest of you guys took shop courses. I don't understand the what is the big deal over him is with you guys. In the movies he was only pretending to be a tough guy, in reality, another over-paid, pamper Hollywood actor, who could shift and steer a high price sports car. Just think, if he only went in the other direction, around that Ford, and not into it, he might of made it to AG, as someone's father.

GuyW and hotrodjack33 like this.
  26. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's it! I'm calling the "Physic Hotline". I'll get some REAL answers.;)

Stogy likes this.
  27. You guys do know that Zak Bagan recently bought the rear trans-axle from the Dean Porsche for $ 382000 :rolleyes: to display in his haunted house museum o_O in Las Vegas. It,s on the internet soooooo,

loudbang and Stogy like this.