Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Ohio Drag Racing Family dying from the virus.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Petejoe, Apr 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southcross2631

southcross2631

Tell that to my son who has to go out and haul non believers to the ER. Everybody is subject to this.
    you will did alone if you get it so you better get right.
    I called my brother that lives 10 miles from Detroit. we said our goodbyes in case one of us gets it.

2. Unfortunately there are some ignorant people out there that will not acknowledge the seriousness of this until it's in their living room. Tell the families of the sick and dead all about your downhome statistics.

grumpy65, b-body-bob, Hombre and 9 others like this.
  3. Don't make me pull this car over!

4. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lots of denial going on here.

Hombre, Saxman, Gasser 57 and 6 others like this.
  5. Can we all calm the fuck down some? Just be safe, and adhere to the warnings, just be cautious. No need to hear about anyone's adventures, what you did/didn't do...... Jeeze. If ya think this isn't crazy shit- Just go out amongst the others like normal......
    If you have to fend- Make it so, get what you need, and get the fuck out..........
    This is serious shit here! I don't think making light of things is helping.........

6. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I put off grocery shopping for a couple weeks, had to go today.. Took me 3 hrs to do what should have been 30 minutes. More people in the store than I thought there would be, young and old, Many [80% or so] with out masks. I am grumbling to myself about people being numb and get home to hear that the granddaughter who works in adult healthcare got sent home because she has all the symptoms and is about 1% away from 911.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  7. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Us too back in December, My band played at a hotel that caters to young travelers. We missed Christmas

warhorseracing and Deuces like this.
  8. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I don’t want to be the bearings

9. impala4speed

impala4speed

The brother, David Conkey, was from my township, Austintown, OH. Indeed a very horrible tradegy for this family. And happening more and more everyday.
    To compare this to the flu or be overly concerned about the economy when so many are dying is just plain fucking ignorance at the highest levels.
    What if it was your family?

10. Lol in May we'll be saying "told you so". Flu kills more people every year? This shit has been going on for a few weeks. Give it a year and then we'll do the math. If we're still alive that is. Come work with me you badasses ;)

grumpy65, b-body-bob, Hombre and 7 others like this.
  11. As someone working on the front lines this is no joke. I have sat in on several high level meetings at the hospital I work at. Three weeks ago I was already getting first hand info on how bad this can get. Our hospital system has been putting emergency procedures into place. We have had several die regardless of our efforts. So many think they know better than those that have spent their lives preparing for this. Listen to the experts they know what's right. There are now 6000 plus people dead with more coming tomorrow. Several of those thought they knew better than the experts. Unfortunately most of the guys spreading the bad info wont be placed in a body bag it will be innocent victims. Stay safe. The real heros of this country today wear masks and gowns showing up to work to help others. We show up knowing the risk. Don't make it any harder for us.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  12. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

No thanks Lloyd, I’ll leave the heavy stuff to you bad assess, I’ll do my part to save the world by staying put on my couch watching TV....And maybe I won’t need to see you....stay safe my friend

Boneyard51 and Baumi like this.
  13. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You make absolutely no sense to me. What are you trying to tell us?

14. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

That needs to be a sticky at the top

15. Understand San Francisco has flatten the curve from an area that was peaking early - what are they doing we can learn from ?

Hombre, gimpyshotrods and nochop like this.
  16. In a polite/respectful way= Pull head from ass!

17. impala4speed

impala4speed

Yeah, good luck with that!

seb fontana and INVISIBLEKID like this.
  18. What don't you understand? You can't compare apples to oranges. I work on the frontline. Fire/ EMS. We're updated constantly. It's public knowledge that this virus has nowhere near peaked. We're being prepared for the end of this month and the month of May. When that "peak" hits, then we'll be looking at the naysayers with a hearty "told ya so". And how can somebody say the flu is worse? Give the coronavirus a year before you look at the numbers. If I didn't clarify myself just let me know

19. Well just a few short weeks ago we had 30 cases in Ky, 3 weeks later and we're at 1000. Not asking anybody to do math, but that's a 97% increase in 3 weeks. Give it 3 more weeks at that rate ;) go out and get the country running again genius.

grumpy65, Hombre, tractorguy and 9 others like this.
  20. The infighting isn't helping.

21. impala4speed

impala4speed

Tough to be worried about the economy when you're dead.
    Many thanks to you and all the guys and gals on the front lines. I couldn't do what you do.

grumpy65, Baumi, Hombre and 5 others like this.
  22. Not much.... A lot of hear say........ Secrets being kept, so no panic........ From a "second" responder here......

nochop likes this.
  23. It truly sucks my tall roof friend. It has changed the whole aspect of my job and how you treat people. There have only been 5 positive cases in my district, but now you look at everyone as if they could be the thing that kills you. Yeah i know I'm not 70 years old, but I'm a 50 year old that's ate more toxic smoke than most and painted cars his whole life, so im not the healthiest lol. I'm not a badass, but when someone calls 911 they expect the people that come to help them to be at least a little better than them, right? Otherwise you could've probably mitigated the situation on your own. We're at a point in this crap that if your loved one stops breathing and had a history of or was displaying signs and symptoms of this virus, we contact the coroner. Not a stitch of intervention. That's crazy. I'm sorry but i can't fathom people downplaying this crap anymore. This ain't the fucking chickenpox. Sorry for ranting nochop.

24. impala4speed

impala4speed

But the downplaying of the seriousness of this pandemic is?

25. I'm anything but religious, but amen brother ;)

gimpyshotrods, mad mikey and nochop like this.
  26. primed34

primed34

What the cowboy hell is herd immunity?

nochop likes this.
  27. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I have been a GM lover all my adult life, than I hear that they have to be forced to make Ventilators for the US, weren't they bailed out a few years ago with tax payer money??????
    I have bought my last GM product, I have bought my last 3M product. After all is said and done I would like to see a list of company's that did & did not support America first...………….……...

28. Right here with you brother. I just want our friends and family here on the HAMB to heed the warnings. Don't panic. That only makes it worse. Stay away from people as much as possible. If you go out then at least wear a bandanna or cloth mask.

This is real. We will beat this. As a healthcare professional I want to say thank you. The real heros here are those staying safe and healthy. Your sacrifice means less people we need to hospitalize.

Protect those you care about by making good choices. That is all we ask. Take care brothers and sisters....much love.

Nick

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

grumpy65, alfin32, b-body-bob and 8 others like this.
  29. The only satistic that counts is deaths per million population. Mexico aint doing anything and there deaths per million are lower than the USA. Take New York city from the equasion and the USA deaths per million will be much lower. This will drag on and eventually fizzle out thru the herd immunity.
    I think ive already had it? For three weeks in Feb I was pretty sick I self diagnosed that I had Broncitis? had to sleep in a chair to keep from choking on the snot. made jokes about I will feel better after I hack up a lung. My wife was also sick also but not as bad a me. The grandkids where here and sick a couple of days. And then right as rain. And after they left I got sick. I still went and did my chores and cut firewood ect. Took goldenseal and cough drops and Pepto bismol. Did not go to any doctor. Havent been to a doctor in 8 years. only went then to get the required health card because I was driving semi truck. Never had any Flu Shot and never will. Now I got a tooth that is acting up. Needs pulled . the dentist is closed. I suppose I will have to pull it myself. Ive pulled my own teeth in the past. At present I can dull the pain with clove oil.

30. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

And that’s not a smart attitude. This thing won’t be stopped that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.