Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 4/3/20 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Latigo

Latigo

B3A5C63F-C77C-4600-89AD-6689DA0F6E06.jpeg Hard Times Make Good Art

2. Janne

Janne

Long time since I have attend to Friday Art Show:
    "Speed Of Red" 1934 Ford Coupe. Did some adjustments on this and now I can it's ready! Media: Acrylics on canvas. Size of original 33x41cm. (13"x16"). Available.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Johnny99

Johnny99

Another one from my early teens. Never quite finished.

jwart1.jpg

4. Great to see you stop by Janne! Hope you and your family are well.

5. So nice!:cool:

Janne, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  6. N.Ozols

N.Ozols
    from Latvia

Hi! Haven't been active for the past few years, but, during this stay-home time, I started posting some more stuff on my instagram ( @nozols.art ), and even found an excuse to do some (more are planned) car art. Here are some of my numerals from a typography/lettering challenge, where you do a letter per day, and the last part are the numbers.
    0_04.jpg sketch1585606127329.png sketch1585647843373.png

7. N.Ozols

N.Ozols
    from Latvia

Here's the one from today. A soviet Moskvich / IZh panel van

4-small.png

8. HAMB-FRI-APR0320-5.jpg HAMB-FRI-APR0320-6.jpg HAMB-FRI-APR0320-7.jpg Here’s some of my old stuff. Some are just pencil sketches that I’ll get around to inking someday – maybe now that I have time come to think of it. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this thread. It makes Friday a day to look forward to, especially now.

Attached Files:

9. robber

robber

... "once in a blue moon"... :cool:
    cp 996.JPG
    ... no response is a response...

1947knuck, kiwijeff, Spoggie and 28 others like this.
  10. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. One out of the wood shop. Using up my scrap 2"x 6" boards.
    Showed the unpainted cut piece to a younger co-worker and they could not identify the profile shape. Thought you guys might have an easier time with it. Anyone?

[​IMG]

12. southerncad

southerncad

Here's a pen/ink drawing done of my '39 Pontiac sedan done by my best friend Bub Johnson, now sadly departed....and done from memory, the car wasn't even in the same town when he drew it...a great talent & hot rodder, who built a '29 roadster pick up the "Cherry Bomb". 20200403_133531(0).jpg

13. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

51 Ford C.O.E. " garbage truck "with a " LEACH " super compactor, on a frame set up with an Eaton rear end.

Jigger, Animal, Jokem59 and 2 others like this.
  14. matt-miles

matt-miles

Hi all - been a while since I last posted, but I thought I'd share these colouring sheets I've put together for anyone needing to keep the kids busy during these crazy, crazy times.

I've posted these all as free downloadable PDFs on my website - I hope it's okay to direct people there... Otherwise, you can save these images, print em' out and get colouring!

Here's a link to the PDFs:
    http://walts-speedshop.com/free-hot-rod-colouring-sheets/

Colour-Me-Fast--Sheets2-DraftA-10.png Colour-Me-Fast--Sheets2-DraftA-11.png Colour-Me-Fast--Sheets2-DraftA-12.png Colour-Me-Fast--Sheets2-DraftA-13.png Colour-Me-Fast--Sheets2-DraftA-14.png Colour-Me-Fast--Sheets2-DraftA-15.png Colour-Me-Fast--Sheets2-DraftA-16.png Colour-Me-Fast--Sheets2-DraftA-17.png

15. 1947knuck, kiwijeff, Spoggie and 24 others like this.
  16. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

refuse collection vehicle

Jokem59, Zykotec, Lil32 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am taking this time to Celebrate and Share Past Artistic Greatness...

Bill Mitchell was a talented Artist and quite influential in GM's Influence as a Chief Designer as evidenced by the Video below by a man who came to know him as a kid living near his house on the same street and being intrigued by the cool cars he always had in his driveway. He got to know him talking to him hanging at the end of the driveway in awe with frequency gawking at his cool cars...:D That is interesting considering he was a pretty gnarly man so it seems at least at work anyways...

I actually didn't know anything about him but an old Hamb Thread by Hamber @skipstitch has changed that...

I will share some of the art from that thread...with the link of course...and a short 2+ minute video with part of his legacy...

BillMitcell2.jpg

BillMitcell3.jpg

BillMitcell1.jpg

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/vintage-concept-car-sketches.39617/

:rolleyes:...Images shared by Hamber @skipstitch in his Thread at link above...There are a couple more in the thread...I will share a few to appreciate the caliber of this man's hand in Art...Very Cool indeed...

http://www.deansgarage.com/2011/harley-earls-scrapbooks/

:rolleyes:...Harley Earl pops up in conjunction with these sketches but Bill Mitchell is I believe the one who penned these...If I am incorrect accept my apologies...regardless they show that slinky custom look given to Cars that were beautiful but lacked some of what the Art depicted...

1963-oldsmobile-f-tr-was-beginning-of-bill-mitchell-reign-at-gm-2018-12-18_18-16-44_985093.jpg

:rolleyes:...Bill Mitchell doing his thing...

Credit to Artist, Photographer, Owner

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  18. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

Solid Waste Material Handling Equipment

Jokem59 and Stogy like this.
  19. My slick old Green Merc, ART - Love the Bill Mitchel art and everyone who draws on this page, thanks All Y'all.
    [​IMG]

1947knuck, kiwijeff, Spoggie and 17 others like this.
  20. Zykotec

Zykotec

A subtle 1932 stationwagon from me this week. 20200401_131123.jpg

21. I was going to say "white" cab over your is a better guess

22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dayumm, when I was a kid if Mom or Dad handed me these to color I might have had the Hotrod Bug a lot earlier...very kind and I hope you and the family weather the hell that is sweeping the nation...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I guess to many walking down the hall and opening a door and tossing it in the chute is the magic bullet these days eh?...Boy we're Dinosaur's...:D

56 Dodge Pickup and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  24. Thanks for sharing your recognition, "Garbage truck" would have been enough for me.

Stogy, Jigger, Sky Six and 3 others like this.