Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1958 Ford Fairlane

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by cabong, Apr 1, 2020.

1. cabong

cabong

City: Caldwell

State: Idaho
    Price: 9,500
    58 fairlane 10.jpg 58 fairlane 2.jpg 58 fairlane.jpg 58 fairlane 6.jpg 58 fairlane 4.jpg giddy up go 011.JPG First of all, this car is a "finish it yourself".....I started out building a Watson style custom, painted in the same design and colors of the LeFevre El Camino, done by Larry Watson back in '59. The paint is extremely nice, done in yellow pearl and candy emerald green. It is finished off in gold pinstriping. It has a '57 front clip, with '58 quad headlights installed, which was no mere task. The front hood corners are rounded. In the rear are '59 Bonneville taillight lenses, lots of them... It has 2" blocks in the rear and '90 Aerostar uncut springs in the front. It rides wonderfully.
    Now, when I bought the bugger, it had a Thunderjet 429 mill, which had been built but never run. Turns out, it ran real good, so I started drag racing the critter. Well two years later, I figure it's time let it go, before I screw up the paint. The car/engine is very streetable. The engine has lots of new goodies, from carb and manifold, to headers and ignition system. I converted the tranny to a C4, and it is all new. The rear is currently a non-posi 350 9", from a '57 Ranchero. The wheels and tires are new.
    Now, what it needs. Remember, this car is 100% streetable as is. It needs all new interior, but the seats, door panels, garnish moldings are all there. It has '57 Custom 300 bumpers which need chrome. I have a '59 Galaxie grille which has been modified to fit, as seen in the pictures, but it is not mounted.
    Like I said, it need a lot of TLC and assembly. I am old and simply do not have the time to spend on finishing it.

I cannot reiterate enough just how nice this puppy drives. I am a huge fan of Larry Watson painted customs, and that's why I did this custom to begin with. It's a steal for the price.

Added a picture of this critter at work...... It is fun racing, but more fun simply cruizing !!!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  2. cabong

cabong

Tried to get the full picture up front, but couldn't get it to change !!

3. cabong

cabong

Added a picture from the track......