Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods How Are you Using The Time Off

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Mar 21, 2020.

1. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I NEED one of those....
    I'm retired, but Bonnie's job shut down last week. At first I thought Hmmm...maybe some extra time for some "good lovin'":D. 7 days in now, hiding all the sharp instruments in the house...wondering who's gonna kill who first:eek::mad::eek:

2. PhilA

PhilA
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Hydro Tech

No time off here. If anything we've been busier than usual: all of y'all sitting at home clicking those mouse buttons all day long keep me busy. Extra bandwidth built out, the entire plant gone through to add more oomph for those there cable modems and a bunch of new stuff to try keep it all stable.

If anything I've finished work more tired than usual and have been doing less to the Pontiac than I'd like.

Go figure. Nobody sees what I do but man, they like to complain about the Internet (using the Internet to complain about it. I hate Facebook).

Phil

3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank god our governor ran up against (and lost to) WAR (Washington Association of Realtors). One of the best lobby groups in the state. He tried to make them and the appraisers and the home inspectors "non Essential". He lost. That is not a group to be taken lightly. Now I have my peeps back. He couldn't take me out of the mix as a banker, now I have my folks back too. How am I using the time off? On the weekends I build hot rods. Come Monday, I have a job to do! [Insert flag here]

spanners, chryslerfan55 and Lil32 like this.
  4. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Been welding patch panels on the 50 chevy trk, ran out of gas. So I ventured out this am to get a refill,
    they have you pull up to the dock, call the desk, tell them what you want, take only credit card payments
    over the phone. Then the guy comes out and puts your new tank and receipt on the edge of the dock while you stand at least 6 feet away. He takes your old tank, then leaves. Then you can get your new tank
    loaded and pick up the receipt. Keeps everyone as safe as possible, CT has the 4th highest per capita in the country, behind NY, NJ and Louisiana.

chryslerfan55 and Lil32 like this.
  5. I'm working remotely full-time from home and my gym is closed indefinitely. But I spend my lunch break and gym time in the garage or in the driveway working on my F100 project. So far I've gotten the cab and doors in sealer and I just picked up some high-build this week. Making the best of the situation.

U3o1w2F1RfyF4fCVKef0kQ.jpg RSmrf28LRvK6orRmZWHFyw.jpg ZfcRLJ0eShq6q51+AnCQlA.jpg +ndT%RiyTduCVaTxZP5RGw.jpg

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  6. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I had a very messy garage after the winter. I had remodeled a bedroom in the house, cut the trim did some sanding and staining the trim. I did a half assed job of cleaning afterwards. This morning I pushed the 42 Chevy out backed the convertible out and proceeded to do a deep cleaning of the garage. It was a lot of work, but it was well worth it.

7. brianf31

brianf31
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am working from home but finding a little time in the shop during the week. I'm currently fabricating ladder bars for the Falcon.
    Ladder Bar Welded.jpg

Axle Back 2.jpg

enloe, D-Russ, chryslerfan55 and 4 others like this.
  8. Uribe

Uribe

I was happily working in the garage, but that didnt last too long. Now my wife got me doing home impovment stuff around the house and im working harder than i do at my regular day job. Its all good i guess.

Lil32 likes this.
  9. skidmarc

skidmarc

We’ve just finished day 6 of our 30 day lockdown in New Zealand. I’ve made zero progress on the 49 Lincoln or various 46 pickups, but I found myself staring at my 471 blower setup that needs finished, surprise surprise. So it got me thinking that I could use a new shop stool to sit my ass on. Found a rough 871 housing and started threading some round bar which I’ll weld to the base. A plywood top with some foam and maybe some castors if I can find them, and it’ll be a thing of beauty . IMG_4161.JPG 60742432416__A82A9C10-4056-4511-A092-32120C20708B.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  10. oldsfrench

oldsfrench
    from France

We are in the same boat man !
    Trying everything to keep the wife cool
    Quarantin make all the word crazy

chryslerfan55 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  11. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

At 75... all my time is “time off”. Some of working guys are just finding out a little early what it’s like to be retired and home in HER house all day. Unless you don’t care about loosing 1/2 your stuff it’s time start figuring it out now...

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  12. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Let's do the math;
    For the last 37 years, Bonnie and I have spent about 55 waking hours per week together (Mon-Fri, 5hrs, 6pm to 11pm, Sat&Sun 30hrs +/- 8am to 11pm)

Now we're spending 102 waking hours together (8am-11pm 7 days per week) trapped at home.

It feel like I'm TWICE AS MARRIED as before...HELP :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

61Cruiser, enloe, 65pacecar and 5 others like this.
  13. v8flat44

v8flat44

This afternoon cause i'm really bored, i'm go'n to the shed & crank up the ole Ford.
    That flatty will be runn'n & sound'n so good, Isky & Offy under that hood.
    Cruise'n will make me smile in an instant while i practice at be'n socially distant.
    Drive em boys !!!

14. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

At 77 Have been retired for quite a few years as has my wife. This deal just makes you crazy because we like to go places and are staying put. We are both getting a bit of cabin fever The last time we went out was on my birthday Feb 24th other than for groceries. Catching up on a few projects around the house and I had one to keep me busy for a couple of days. Main water line to house sprung a leak!!! What a mud derby! Had stuff on hand and got it fixed. Now gonna play with the 40 and 55 a bit.

15. fordcoupeguy

fordcoupeguy

Lots of projects for me to do. Just harder to get parts and materials -everything closed. 2018-07-21%20001.JPG truck pics 3.jpg

chryslerfan55, Stogy, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  16. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Resized_20200328_134547.jpeg
    Posted elsewhere but I dont get tired of looking at it. This is about 3 years to get to this point. Got the wheels back on, engine and trans mounted, fuel and brake lines ran and chassis is a finally a roller.

17. HotRodsbyMouse

HotRodsbyMouse
    from Carson, CA

I haven't skipped a beat. Out to the garage no later than 9:00AM until 10:00PM. Definitely getting caught up on my toys.
    Hopping to starting the '25 Lakester in the next few days.
    Pulled and re-installed the the motor in my '50 Shoebox. The wife n I took it for a cruise down to Huntington Beach , all is well.
    Been preparing the '33 Vicky for its build. It's been setting in the corner for 3 years . It's time.
    In short nothings changed, there is always something to do out in the garage. It's a whole lot better than sitting on the couch and watching all of the DEPRESSING news.

18. mopar57

mopar57

We are busier than usual at work. We do the a/c,heat and refrigeration at almost all the local hospitals from the lab refriges to the main chiller and boilers. Definitely good to be busy but....

65pacecar and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

Playing with my cars and replying to every ,single thread on here

65pacecar and Stogy like this.
  20. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

Forgot this..:)

Bandit Billy and Stogy like this.
  21. topher5150

topher5150

Been reading up on some fellow hamber 41-48 Ford projects about using a sedan body and grafting the back half of the coupe body on. So I marked up where I want to make my cuts. Which got my thinking would would make a nice tight cut at the radius on the wheel well IMG_20200405_173746246.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

DRUGASM, chryslerfan55 and Lil32 like this.
  22. I'm kind of weird when it comes to building my rods so yesterday and today I made a cup holder out of a ribbed aluminum oil filter. Cut out the top for a cup and had to use a drill with a drum sander for a couple of hours to make the right size hole. I'm layed off but my wife and I are comfortable for a while, heavy hearts for our cities and the world. truckcupholder.jpg truckfront.jpg

chryslerfan55, Lil32 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  23. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

More pics of that Dodge...stat

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  24. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey wake up! Don't bother me, I am practicing proper social distancing. PARK BENCH.jpg

61Cruiser, chryslerfan55 and Lil32 like this.
  25. H380

H380
    from Louisiana

No time off here. Went up to 50 hour weeks. DOD waver. All the clueless A-hole MBAs are working from home and trying to look like they are doing something by nitpicking paper work and questioning EVERYTHING over the phone and email. I quit carrying my phone at all. Constant phone calls to find any issue just so they will have something to have a conference call about.

26. nexxussian

nexxussian

Yeah, we really are finding out how many meetings could have been an email.

Nostrebor and chryslerfan55 like this.
  27. nexxussian

nexxussian

I'm working on the A, the house, helping with family. Looking forward to getting back to work when we get this under control (yes, laid off, booooo). I have either money or time, just never both, go figure.

61Cruiser, Lil32 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  28. Andy K

Andy K

Florida is pretty much shut down. I’m still working because I’m in an essential business but since there isn’t much to do after work, I’ve been working on my roadster. In the last month I have powder coated my new smoothies, mounted the 560-15 and 670-15 firestone bias ply whitewalls and last week dropped the front suspension 1.75” and the rear about 6”. This week I am pulling the gauges and the hack wiring harness the previous owner did and starting over with some fresh AutoMeter 1650s and a wiring harness with a proper fuse panel from keep it clean. After I finish that bit I will move on to some bomber seats.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

enloe and Lil32 like this.
  29. got a tank and stuff coming from Lang's, gonna hook it up ta' something..............unless I get distracted by about a million other things I got to do.............

30. Pushed my retirement up by 2 weeks, to the 17th. Got all my ducks in a row for that finally. Had my 2019 taxes done (by phone...), getting a decent refund. Guns, cars, ammo... so many questions... That stimulus check will be the icing on the cake.

Andy K likes this.