Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Let's Take a Ride, Dad...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Let's Take a Ride, Dad...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Petejoe, v8flat44, mad mikey and 23 others like this.
  2. AMEN! Sounds like the sort of thing we all need to do. My kids have been prompting me more lately as well. And, although I am still going to work most days, I have lots of those video conference meetings lately that drive me nuts. Thanks for sharing the story!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    neverdun, chryslerfan55 and Tim like this.
  3. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Perfect! These are the moments that we live for. They ain't little for long.

4. agshelby

agshelby
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We did the same thing this weekend. I do typically work from home, but I get out daily for lunch, the gym, coffee, beers, etc. The total lockdown of staying at home has been very depressing for my wife who had to shutter her practice 2 weeks ago.

So we went for a slow 100 mile loop through the lower Texas hill country. I made a point of taking roads that I never had seen before and stopping to take at a look at anything that caught my eye. It ended up being a great day and was a welcome relief from being locked away. I plan on doing a similar trip each Sunday as long as they let us out.

We are maintaining social distancing - absolutely no contact with any other persons while out.

Adjustments.JPG Adjustments.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Texas57, catdad49, v8flat44 and 18 others like this.
  5. junquewerkz

junquewerkz

My boys and I went out for some roadster therapy this weekend, too. Just bombing around our neighborhood and nearby commercial district, but it was great to feel the wind in our hair.

An unexpected benefit of people staying close to home were our “cheering sections” - people on their porches and in their front yards - as we roared down the street with wide grins on our faces

catdad49, hfh, Tim and 2 others like this.
  6. tractorguy

tractorguy

Beautiful.......the roadster and..... Texas Hill Country !!

7. tractorguy

tractorguy

guthriesmith likes this.
  8. My 12 year old son and I started pulling wiring from the T in preparation for a total rewire today! 20200331_145708.jpg

9. I drove my 34, 6 miles to my son's house where it will stay 'till I get some remodeling done on my house. My garage is now a staging area. Man! That drive felt good!

10. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I'll be tossing him the keys soon to this one
    83841017_188989965809243_3680525559487528960_n.jpg
    He drove this however it didn't end well, both he and the car survived:p
    Matt2.jpg

catdad49 and cactus1 like this.
  11. georgeg

georgeg
    from Il

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like a fantastic day. You got it right though, it is all about keeping space and not being around others that aren't in your immediate household.

Texas57 likes this.
  13. chiro

chiro

Been getting a lot of seat time in mine. Had one of my boys out, then the voltage regulator took a crap. Luckily, I made it home. Damn Chinese regulator was only 5 years old. Waiting for a new one. Hopefully it will be in tomorrow. Gonna be nice enough out to drive it then too!
    Andy

14. v8flat44

v8flat44

Great post Bomber.............love it. Get'n in the 52 & cruis'n the back roads is the best form of "social distancing". Wish my grandkids were here. Thanks Mr. Moderator !
    mike

15. Thing is, Maryland just got a "shelter-in-place order that restricts driving anywhere that isn't a necessity. Does this mean I can't just drive for pleasure? That I have to be doing a necessary errand? The wording is unclear...

I am also assuming that I can't use my boat either, even though you can't be more socially distant than being out on a boat...

16. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You DID leave the keys with him, didn't you ?

17. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I looked it up and cruising in the beloved rod falls under
    "essential necessity". I'm positive DJT said just that in his daily conference today ! He said we have to prevent going bananas while fighting this disease, so there you are !