Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Do not have permission

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kevin Ardinger, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Kevin Ardinger

Kevin Ardinger

OK, I know I’m the new guy but why is it I cannot reply to classified ads? I constantly get a message saying I do not have permission to reply.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. You have to pm the seller

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. GregCT.

GregCT.
    from CT.

Just like a newspaper ad. It tells you about the item. It is not a discussion forum.

4. Kevin Ardinger

Kevin Ardinger

clem, Peanut 1959 and chryslerfan55 like this.

5. You now have my personal permission to Private Message the seller(s). :rolleyes:

scotty t, Andy K, blowby and 7 others like this.
  6. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

PM the seller to get permission to PM him.

41rodderz likes this.
  7. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

:p

8. Professor Fate.

Professor Fate.

And of course they haven't called it a PM since the changeover from the old software. You now have to "start a conversation" with the parts thread poster.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. 62rebel

62rebel

Just make sure you maintain 6 feet of space between you and the seller

blowby, jim snow, Happydaze and 3 others like this.
  10. Did you ask your wife for permission to buy it? That's the real question. :p

scotty t, clem, blowby and 6 others like this.
  11. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pm means you have to contact the prime minister or local muckity muck

62rebel likes this.
  12. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

But only in the afternoon! :D

13. Its because you have not filled out your location in the profile when you signed up.

14. Kevin Ardinger

Kevin Ardinger

How is it then that I also don’t have permission to post in the wanted section? System error, you don’t have permission........

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. Kevin Ardinger

Kevin Ardinger

I have posted and contacted sellers before. Actually bought a couple things.

16. You, me nor anyone else can reply on a classified advertisement, that goes for wanted, parts for sale or cars for sale.

You do have permission to start a classified ad. HRP

17. There was some trouble posting ads using the app. Try logging in the old fashion method.

lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  18. For Newbies, some advise on the wanted Ads, even some sales Ads, Make sure it is a regular poster/user here with some rapport. Also if the deals seems too good to be true... Wanted Ads get a lot of scammers, call backs, reverse search the images to see if they are stolen from the net. Always use PP as business with them, whom you dont know as "Friends". good luck.

5window and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. Everyone in the whole world now knows that you didn’t bother to Read the sticky or the rules.
    Several years ago there was a change to classified section and NO ONE can bump the thread. EVERYONE must private message the original poster by starting a conversation.

Damn this shit gets old

XXL__, 62rebel, 54vicky and 5 others like this.
  20. Kevin Ardinger

Kevin Ardinger

Thanks guys, I think I actually see what’s going on. Using the app gives you a reply bar at the bottom. That’s what I didn’t understand. When I log on using internet explorer no message bar. I really like the forum and classifieds but man there are some cranky people out there.

21. You are not old enough.:D 61 does not get you the advantage as 70+ does.:eek:

Slopok and wraymen like this.
  22. Some of the members can be crabby but lets face it, if a guy has been a member as long as I have we see these same questions at least once a week sometimes more.

It just seem no one reads the rules for the classifieds. HRP

54vicky, X38, warhorseracing and 4 others like this.
  23. town sedan

town sedan

This is nice compared to what might have been said 15 years ago. The guys back then scared me to the point that it took years for me to have the courage to join up. Kids today have it so easy -that's a joke son.
    -Dave

24. You can go under your profile and check the box that enhances the Hamb experience so it's more suited to your level of sensitivity. Here let me hold your purse while you look for the settings.... :p:D;)

25. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

On another note, I have found my T/F simpson mask handy for buying TP at the store. IF you are the tenth person in the door. Lippy

town sedan and warhorseracing like this.
  26. Budget36

Budget36

This shelter in place has got to end soon!!!

27. .................and there goes that mouthful of coffee all over the computer monitor.:D:):D:):D:D:D.....;)

28. DOCTOR SATAN

DOCTOR SATAN
    from okc

You haven't seen nuthin' yet.... I had a guy from new York screaming at me when I wouldn't sell him my skinny sprint magnesium wheels for less than half. Told me his kidney beans were worth 4 g's but my sprints were only worth a grand or so. I told him since my parts are shit and his are gold, why does he want mine so bad. Then I refused to sell them to him at any price. I ended up having to threaten him with the moderators for harrassing me, was the only way to get him to stop. It was really F'd up since i had my 14 year old son in the car with me, but he was just laughing, so actually turned out being a life lesson for my boy.

29. You guys are looking at this all wrong.
    Every new guy (or old guy) that can’t figure out the rules results in one less person that can get that rare part you are after.
    It also keeps the old cranky guys busy. They might not have time to see your flaky post or misspellings. :) ;)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    lothiandon1940 and town sedan like this.