Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Quarantine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53 hemi, Mar 30, 2020.

1. 53 hemi

53 hemi

Hey! I'm locked down, like the rest of ya'll. I'm "essential", but don't return to work until the 6th.

I've been wrapped up with projects for a few years; my '53 Coronet hasn't seen the road in 5 years. A steep learning curve with distributors parked it.

But, last week I finally sorted that out and decided to throw a temporary stop-gap coat of paint on it, before I have to really get into the body work.

Anyways, these are weird times - I hope everybody is staying occupied with activities that bring them joy. 20200330_133529.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking good!

Deuces likes this.
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd say that a lot of stuff is getting done around the county now that we can't just run here and there without a viable reason.
    I haven't got much of anything done on hot rod projects but have been knocking out the little round to it house projects and getting them out of the way. The wind has been an issue with getting much done outside though .

4. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Have 2 weeks to get projects done so rather than burn myself out on them I picked up some blown down sticks in the morning and went parts hunting in the afternoon. Tomorrow I'll most likely sweep off the front doorstep then go parts hunting ;)

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

Getting a lot of Yard Work done.

Deuces likes this.
  6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

won't be long before I align wrenches and screw drivers in tool box drawers - smaller to larger from left to right, instead of right to left as they are now

7. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Got old “Effie” cab all sanded down inside today. Back , front , sides , all up under the dash , floors and roof so just need to clean up , prime and figure what color. Build a seat riser and get the inners prime this week I hope .

chryslerfan55 and catdad49 like this.
  8. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

so one on top of each other don't work? ;)

9. That's how mine always end up! And i still can't figure out why i own 37 flat head (or straight, depending how you look at it) screwdrivers, and only 5 Phillips??? :rolleyes:

chryslerfan55, catdad49 and mad mikey like this.
  10. mickeyc

mickeyc

Hey Ben, Mick here. Did the great match race between your coupe and that wagon take place? Pulling for you and the hemi!

chryslerfan55 and 53 hemi like this.
  11. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Can't pry everything with Phillips...

12. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Did you get to race your buddy at the drag strip before the closings?

chryslerfan55 and 53 hemi like this.
  13. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Cool 53 Dodge.. I'm hoping to get a lot done on my 53 Plymouth...

chryslerfan55, catdad49 and 53 hemi like this.
  14. Yep....still running service calls for the pesky MX915 credit card machines - they are cleaning them to much at the stores and the damn things are going to taper detect ! Mean while since I'm working from home - getting a little stuff done like getting more shelves done in the storage trailer...put in some NOS I bought recently - that are getting sorted out to sell.....which is also getting stuff out of the Good Times Vans that need a new home (they were last years storage idea )

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  15. 53 hemi

53 hemi

Hahaha

Ok, the big race - so I put my slicks on and immediately found out that my rear suspension wasn't up too the task. I orded a custom set of leaf springs from Eaton and had intended to get that all sorted out this month, but with the track shut down I put it on hold for a sec. But it will happen! 20200306_173341.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. mickeyc

mickeyc

I hear you Ben. I take it you were wrapping up
    the old springs and or producing wheel hop which
    can break the stoutest of rear assemblies. Where were you planning this showdown to be held? Whenever this
    mess we are in eases up to normal or what may become the "new" normal, I invite you to stop by
    my shop for a beer or two.
    "new"

53 hemi and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. I wish I could be wrenching on my project, but its sitting at my grandparents house and I am avoiding going over there if at all possible as my grandmother has been fighting some infections since January. Although my grandfather has gone to town on my project as he is bored stuck at the house from talking on the phone with him. My simple tear down to repaint on my C10 has apparently now turned into a full frame off. So much for this being a nice simple driver to go to work with.

18. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I thought that I was going to use my three weeks off to work on my coupe. Hasn't happened. But been doing stuff around my garage and yard.
    Everyone try to as busy as you can but stay home.

19. sunbeam

sunbeam

I'm sure glad parts houses are essential even if you have to stand 6 feet back from the counter.

20. I have been a shut in for 4 years this makes 5. LOL

I am trying to make this derelict old house livable mostly. I would be doin it anyway so its no big deal.

I have to say something here I have been quarantined and this is not it. Yes we are encouraged to do things that we usually don't do but when you are quarantined they close your door, no one in none out. They used to actually hang a sign on your door so everyone would know to stay back.

This is certainly different for everyone and I hope you all adjust well.
    Stay safe and healthy. We'll live to play another day. ;)

21. I'm working, considered essential but 60% of the place works from home anyway. Things are a bit slow with so many out, have some out on a real quarantine for 2 weeks. And 2 have the virus... nice. I'll be doing some work on my car once it gets above 50 here, it was warmer out 2 months ago.

22. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Love that Coronet...
    Unfortunately due to some handicap issues I have, I need help with most stuff I do anymore..
    Being (76) and retired, I am not too affected by it, but due to needing help, it affects me a lot..
    I had planned on redoing the body work on my Biscayne, and repainting it.. but my "Helper" also is an Uber driver, so don't trust him around...
    Which makes it suck..
    Oh well time will pass..
    So to all, stay safe.

23. Deuces

Deuces

Not me... Still cold out...:rolleyes::(

24. We have a foot of snow since Saturday, it’s currently -15 Celsius here. I do have to plow snow tomorrow, if that counts as yard work

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

25. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have been shut down since March 20th . I made brackets for the sunvisor and running boards in my girlfriends suburban, also made a headliner and roof insulation for it. Changed both front wheel bearings on her OT daily...Helped my Dad to fix the roof on his shed, fix some electrical issues on his Econoline van. Spent the nights at my desk to keep my business afloat through the shutdown. I hope I will also find some time to work on my own stuff, hahaha I won´t be bored for the next weeks , that´s for sure... I may be broke as hell though.
    IMG_0052.JPG JVZN3952.jpg CRPH4062.jpg DAVH2599.jpg

26. I went on to Brenda's flower shop & doing some maintenance and building some more shelves, I'm just trying to stay busy. HRP

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  27. My 3/25 dental cleaning is pushed out to May. My pain management appointment from 3/20 was done over the phone... no co-pay. With retiring I was going to keep the good medical and get a few things fixed, arthritis in left thumb, skin care, physical, blood work, cataract surgery...

28. BJR

BJR

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.:p:p:p

29. wackdaddy

wackdaddy

I am in the midst of the final assembly stage on a four year project. Joked with my 93 year old mom today that I could easily isolate quarantine for the next 6 months and not run out of things to keep me busy!
    fullsizeoutput_474.jpeg fullsizeoutput_473.jpeg

30. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce