Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Bomber seats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mo rust, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Mo rust

Mo rust

I have a pair of bomber seat that I pulled from an old time capsule roadster that I bought at auction a couple of years ago and I’m curious if anyone can identify what they were out of. The car that I got them from was parked in 66 and was built in 55
    I’m loaning them to a buddy to run in a jalopy 29 roadster that we’re building in my shop
    IMG_2377.JPG IMG_2376.JPG IMG_2375.JPG IMG_2283.JPG IMG_2284.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

dana barlow likes this.
  2. alchemy

alchemy

Could be aircraft, or could be delivery truck, or maybe English car. Are they aluminum or steel?

3. Mo rust

Mo rust

They seem to be aluminum. A magnet doesn’t stick to them. The bottoms of them are army green.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. $um Fun

$um Fun
    from Nor Cal

The seat pan is too shallow for a bomber seat, the only bomber that had a shallow seat pan is the B17 which had flotation cushions and has a completely different profile from your seats. The rest including the Strearman and the N3N trainer had a deep seat pan for the parachute pack which was used as the seat cushion. Most likely they are from a transport plane for passenger use or a British plane.