Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Yeah, Its got a Hemi/41 shop truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bandit Billy, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Hombre

Hombre

Billy, Man you are in Washington State, the best thing in the world for you is for the Doctors office to be "Closed". Taking out stitches is no big deal I have done it dozens of times, and while I have never needed Bourbon to do the job it is a good idea anyway. Stay safe man!!

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and Bandit Billy like this.
  2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was surprised that they even did the elective surgery last week. I heard I was the last bunch going through the OR then they were closing. I don't mind pulling them out, I just want this damn bandage off.

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and Hombre like this.
  3. Billy,
    I can’t believe you went to the trouble of surgery,,,just to have some bourbon to remove the stitches,,,,some people will try anything for a drink,,,,LoL !
    Just kidding !

That is a very nice pic of y’all together,,,it’s always nice to put a face to a build thread .
    I am always impressed by your work,,,,keep it going .
    Should be really nice with that Desoto engine,,,,,be safe out there .

Tommy

4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Crown Royal for disinfectant.
    Makers Mark for recovery!;)

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^^^I heard that some alcohol manufacturers were switching production to making hand sanitizer. I hope that is with all the nasty clear liquors and not the tasty browns. No one would use brown hand sanitizer anyway!

bchctybob, jmkporsche, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  6. Well,,,,the clear 151 ‘s are already sanitizer,,,,if it will burn blue ,,,it will clean,,,LoL !

Tommy

7. Lemme guess,project supervisor, right?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy and Bandit Billy like this.
  8. Gotta say it Billy,but she is way better lookin than you. Congratulations on 23 years of wedded bliss. Have a couple on me.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Stogy, Hombre and Bandit Billy like this.
  9. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Bob!

Stogy, Hombre and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Muffler shops and tow trucks are essential business thank god! Truck delivered for some stainless welding.
    2.250" all the way back, SS porter mufflers, belled exhaust tips, v band clamps, I will do the polishing myself.
    Going to exit the tips half way between the rear guards and the license plate frame.
    upload_2020-3-24_15-14-4.png
    I hung the front lights on her just for a look see while she gets pipes.
    upload_2020-3-24_15-14-33.png
    Looks pretty ow in the driveway! Air bags? We don't need no stinkin air bags...or lowering blocks
    upload_2020-3-24_15-15-3.png
    Once she comes back home I will work at starting it up for the first time. Also needs an alignment bad!!! Even pushing it in a straight line chirps the tires and cornering? Fogetaboutit! Tires are toed in and who knows if they are pointed in a straight line. Glad there was 2 big guys on the roll back to shove it out of my back yard.

11. Rckt98

Rckt98

Keep the entertaining updates coming.
    We are about to go into 4 weeks isolation in NZ so I will be spending alot more time on the HAMB than I already do.

12. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh I got more, my friends tell me I'm quite full of it as a matter of fact.

13. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

:D

14. alchemy

alchemy

What do you think about lowering the fog lights a couple inches so they sit right above the bumper?

15. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now that you mention it they do look a little high. Funny, I didn't notice it before. I'll take a better look when I get the truck home tomorrow.

The shop called and they ordered all of the mandrel bends needed, I had some left over straight pieces from the roadster show display I built last year so that helps a bit. Those stainless mandrel bends are spendy! Must be made of toilet paper.

You do know that 20 years from now if people are actually reading these references to TP that no one will understand what the hell we are talking about and figure we all lost our minds. Of course that will only happen if Ryan's servers survive the apocalypse and mankind hasn't eaten each other in lieu of happy hour eats.

16. Rckt98

Rckt98

survive the apocalypse and mankind hasn't eaten each other in lieu of happy hour eats.[/QUOTE]
    I did read somewhere that if we have to resort to cannibalism eat the Vegans first as they are the closest to grass fed.

17. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

18. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Billy I missed it what did you do to your hand? Thats gotta be hell on your golf game!

19. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Bandit Billy You are an Energy Ball...if you could harness that you could bundle it up and sell it by the Pound...:D

20. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pre-arthritic ganglion cysts. I get them once in a while due to bone spurs and I use my hands a lot, the combination isn't good so I have to go in to the OR for outpatient surgery, get knocked out, chop, chop, stich it shut, send me home with some Vicodin. I did make it to Vegas the weekend before they shut it down and played desert golf at Bali Hai a couple times, then came home and had it cut. Stitches come out Friday, then its back to the truck.

More aptly by the fifth! :cool:

21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Weren't they a punk rock band in the 80's?

bchctybob, Desoto291Hemi and GordonC like this.
  22. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, but they didn't grow on me till later in life.

Atwater Mike, bchctybob and GordonC like this.
  23. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

24. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Here in Kansas City they are basically making over proof gin

Bandit Billy likes this.
  25. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I really like that louver design too!
    I messed around the other night trying another idea, kind of an AAR Cuda decal thing done in louvers. You know, 1 louver, space, 2 louvers, space, etc. Looked like ass.

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and Kan Kustom like this.
  26. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Me and BB are buds so I don't think he will mind a little thread side excursion here.
    A high school friends' older brother bought a near new AAR Cuda, 340, 3x2/auto, bone stock it was a terror, then he put a nasty Sig Erson cam set in it.
    Scary fast for sure!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  27. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I remember no one wanted to buy them, no hemi, no interest. Now they are worth coin. Always a good looking car and one of the original go fast stripes.

28. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Maybe for some guys but I went to the Dodge dealer with stars in my eyes to buy a 340 six pack pistol grip 4 speed Challenger and to this day I am not frugal at all if I want something, but when time came to sign the loan, I thought to myself $3000.00 ! I will be paying for this forever. The funny part is I have bought three basket cases in later years and paid more for each of them !

29. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Back home from the exhaust shop. I still have to take it back off and run it across the belt sander and polisher but I like it.
    upload_2020-3-27_14-35-22.png
    They made some nice hangers that I will paint black to make them disappear a bit. They went under the axle since I mounted the anti sway bar on top the 9 inch we kinda ran out of room for pipes. Got a scavenger look to it.

upload_2020-3-27_14-36-18.png
    Mufflers are polished SS 22" Porters. V band clamps make it easy to remove and install. Lot of straight pipe under there. All 2.250" SS including the tips. I will give extra attention to the tail pipes to make those tips as seamless as possible. Plus I will soften the edges of those hangers a bit on the sides of the pipes.
    upload_2020-3-27_14-42-11.png
    Huh, the shop uses the same lift I bought. Good taste in tools!

30. George

George

yeah, but your $ per hour is way higher now.