Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Eds Rod Shop Germany.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by edwardlloyd, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Ed, sorry to hear about this. Wishing you the best as you move forward. Sounds like you’re already on track, making the most of your new situation.

Stogy likes this.
  2. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Ed, You are a true Craftsman. And when it comes to building a high quality Traditional chassis you set that Bar pretty high. Hard to believe that you are gonna be happy selling equipment. I think you are gonna find that venture in your life to be short lived as Going from doing what you love for a living to trying to work a job is very hard. Anyhow I wish you the best in whatever you decide to do.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Ed,Sorry to hear this news.All the best! Sheldon

micksmith and Stogy like this.
  4. redoxide

redoxide

Tough time fella but your gonna bounce back , Single at 51, look on the bright side, when you start your next build you can work all the hours, eat when you like, set your own rules, do what you like when you like , no whining or bitching, no picking up after them, and your bills are all your own. Get your self another hot rod project and dive in . :) Get yourself joining the VHRA , secure a pit pass for Pendine, hit the GOW later in the year, both those events will rejuvenate you. Its hard but its not the end of the world. You've got a new start and some good friends .. and you have your health .. you know what they say, lifes a bitch, and then you marry one ..

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and hotcoupe like this.
  5. Dak Rat

Dak Rat
    from NoDak

In a situation like this, it takes a strong man not to just wallow in self pity. Sounds like you have the grit to move on and put this all behind you. Good luck, you'll be fine.

INVISIBLEKID and Stogy like this.
  6. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ed, appreciate the help you've given me through the years. Good luck in your newest adventure. Ron

Stogy likes this.
  7. Always read all your posts and builds and look forward to more.Hope you are able to keep all tools,equip to go forward.Best of luck,keep on trucking,Webb.

Stogy likes this.
  8. brady1929

brady1929

Good luck and best wishes.

9. surrounded by all this trouble it is good to read that you already have plan B. my best wishes for your new life, i hope to read more from you.

Stogy likes this.
  10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Sorry to hear about your problems Ed as you can see many of us have been in the same position.

Things will get better, they always do.

As usual from the outside it’s hard for some of us to understand why it was you who had to leave your shop and your house.

Maybe she should have left. That way you could have kept the shop too.

In any case the woman seems to win out in a lot of these situations, I think society is biased that way.

Good luck with everything.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  11. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

QRJX4642.jpg

Ed, remember that time? I guess this was at the Hot Heads East Headbanging in about 2004. Olli´s 46 Chevy in the background, Rene´s 31 Coupe and Christoph´s 40 Chevy, they were the Haters CC. You had your Safari hat put on and I my wife beater outfit. Kinda fits the theme. Flocki is standing in the background...good times.
    Hang on , Ed!

12. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

It's great to have good friends.
    I had a good friend help me, also by getting me back to work at a VERY low bank account time.
    I'm now retired, money in the bank, and doing well.

Sounds like you're off to a good rebuild start also. Keep looking ahead, try not to dwell on what's behind you.

Mike

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  13. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

I have seen this on several stages before - not my own thankfully but at a distance. In almost every case the person came out better for it in the end. TO STEAL a Quote from some movie I saw." Life is simple - You make choices and Don't look back. DO the best you can With what you got Where your at. From your past builds and post you have made - your already running wide open.God Speed

14. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gotta say Ed...you're a better man than I am. Ask me to leave my shop and the house I built ? She would have a permanent boot mark on her ass as she got kicked down the road. Sounds like things ARE getting better fir you...good luck

15. Hang in there man, no matter what, it could always be worse. Every dime it cost me to get away from my last wife was worth it. I lost everything basically, but i don't have to listen to her anymore :D

16. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Speechless !!!!!!! I followed RD32 P/U Thread, Fantastic!!!! If you have the heart to see that build through, you’ll see the rest of your life through. Good luck and wishing you the best!!!!!!

17. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

The maroon one or the Roy Desbrow? The Desbrow was the best one I ever did. It toured the US last year.
    FB_IMG_1571234273352.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G935F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

The Pasadena Hauler, Duff & Roy’s Muff Toy.
    Roy Desbrow’s 32 pick up that you so eloquently built again for all to see and appreciate-job well done!!!!!

Stogy and Lloyd's paint & glass like this.
  19. southcross2631

southcross2631

Coming from experience the next time you find the urge to get hooked up again just walk into a place and slap some bitch and buy her a house at least there will be no emotion over it.
    Seriously after having to start over 3 times because of poor judgement about women I finally met someone who likes what I like and actually sacrifices her wants to buy me car parts.
    You will be fine,you are still young enough to move and start again doing what you like. I did at 63 years old.

williebill likes this.
  20. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Sorry to hear this, Ed. I really enjoyed watching your creativity and problem solving. I hope you'll decide to build another car for therapy soon. I'd love to see what you come up with.

Stogy and 18n57 like this.
  21. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Sorry buddy, love your builds and work.

Stogy likes this.
  22. gsnort

gsnort
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You have a great attitude, Ed, in not beating yourself up over your loss. Your ex-wife handed you lemons, but you mixed up a jug of lemonade, instead. Good luck.

nunattax likes this.
  23. badvolvo

badvolvo

I was always told, Life's a bitch, then you marry one. I got lucky with mine.
    Put that behind you and let er rip.

nunattax likes this.
  24. Ed, we are cheering you on! In five years imagine yourself having even more shop work than you had before, you have the talent. " whether you think you can do a thing or can't do a thing.....you're right". Henry Ford.

Stogy likes this.
  25. fonti

fonti

Hey Ed, I just met you once in your shop but The Roy Desbrow lives just around the corner... I am sorry what happened and wish you all the best! But: Es ist nichts so schlecht, dass es nicht auch etwas Gutes hat!!

Stogy and Baumi like this.
  26. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Yes, I'd always get a little excited to open a new thread that you started, because I knew I was gonna see some good stuff. Well, a new chapter in life, I won't get too existential on you, but I wish you all the best going forward, and there's nothing that says you can't build some rods for fun, and post what you're doing here!

Stogy and Baumi like this.
  27. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

I can't answer everyone individually but want to thank every single one of you for the support. It helps.
    I know I'm still probably better off than most people. I have a good job, a nice van to drive and despite having to walk away from my "empire" it is still half mine, so it's not like I'm poor.
    Yes I will rebuild, and it's things like this that give you that kick up the butt you sometimes need to run faster again.

bchctybob, HemiDeuce, Baumi and 3 others like this.
  28. Mart

Mart

Hi Ed. Really sorry to hear of your recent situation. Keep your chin up and get stuck into some good technical work. Your work is always of a very high standard and I for one want you to be able to continue doing it.

Positive vibes being sent from me.

Mart.

Stogy likes this.
  29. terry k

terry k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from toledo oh

Sorry to hear of your situations. I'm sure you will be fine. Will certainly miss your postings. I have most of yours saved in my favorites.

30. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Well here is an update.
    Last week I returned to Germany and packed all my tools and parts in a shipping container and locked the doors. That's now safely stored indefinitely until I one day have space of my own to reopen my workshop but then it'll just be for me.
    Meanwhile I've taken over running the Twin Busch operation in the UK. Business is booming over here and to be honest, I'm really enjoying it. At least I'm doing something where my years of experience building cars pays off.
    If anyone needs any workshop equipment, give me a ring at Twin Busch in Kettering.
    I still dream at night though, that I have that riveting gun in one hand and the oxy-acetelyne torch in the other.

bchctybob, AndersF, Baumi and 8 others like this.