Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Harbor Freight Deserves an Atta Boy!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fordors, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Fordors

Fordors

532B1A79-F2F3-4142-A4A8-1B4D5E432E45.png I know we have many here who have no use for Harbor Freight but I just received an email from the owner, Eric Smidt. He has asked that hospital personnel that may be in need of N95 masks, face shields and nitrile gloves should inform their office of procurement to contact HF for supplies to be donated.
    In stressful times America rises to the occasion, just as we have done in the past. Thanks Harbor Freight!

2. derbydad276

derbydad276

3. SEAAIRE354

SEAAIRE354

I never really purchased much from them but then we had one open up nearby and when I checked it out I was really surprised how the quality of their stuff had gotten better from what I remember. This only makes me like them more. As a first responder in an area that is heavily affected I can really respect that.
    Thanks for sharing this.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Wow.
    There’s a lot of angels out there working this very minute to help us all.
    We just don’t hear about them.
    Go USA.

5. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

That is an outstanding thing that Harbor Freight is doing

Deuces, mad mikey, J_J2 and 2 others like this.
  6. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

7. Great to see so many companies stepping up like this. Big thumbs-up to Harbor Freight. We're all just one big community out here............Don.

8. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

It is all about the U.S. coming together in a very important way to beat this devastating virus!
    I just hope that it has calmed down for the summer car events.
    Stay Home, Stay Well!
    KK

9. It really great to hear about all this cooperation and self less work that Americans are now doing. It reminds me of the atmosphere after 9/11. I just hope we don't go back to our partisan hatred after the outbreak is over like what happened back then. We are all of one country and we are strongest when together.

10. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Just bought a couple of face shields today from them.. I think they protect better than the masks...

Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Thank You Harbor Freight.

12. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Most people/ and Most companies when given the opportunity will step up every time ! Good people are Good people

AVater, scrap metal 48 and Deuces like this.
  13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

if you know anyone that works in a Hospital Emergency Room forward them above info

lothiandon1940, Deuces and mad mikey like this.
  14. Well said Joker, the hospitals need all the help they can get.

lothiandon1940 and Deuces like this.
  15. I got the same email from the Harbor! Way to go Guys! When this thing finally blows over, I’ll be heading to their stores for stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940, Deuces and mad mikey like this.
  16. Deuces

Deuces

A man!!!!....

17. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

:cool: Very cool!!!

mad mikey and Deuces like this.
  18. jim snow

jim snow

Good stuff! Snowman

19. belair

belair

I work in a hospital. This is no small thing HF is doing.

mad mikey, Petejoe and Deuces like this.
  20. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I forwarded the HF notice to everyone. A thank you got back to me that his brother works at a hospital and he sent it to him. Couple clicks was all it took.

21. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Kudos to HF!

22. Moon50F3

Moon50F3

Good job HF!

23. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

I got the same email today. I don’t buy a lot from Harbor Freight mostly disposables. However I was going to do some cutting with a angle grinder and cut off wheels and decided I really needed a full face shield. Went into HF yesterday and they didn’t have any face shields, masks or nitrile gloves. I have to say their decision to donate safety gear to hospitals has made me think differently. I will buy more from them in the future. Good on them! We all owe a debt of gratitude to the doctors, nurses and health workers at this time.

mrhp, mad mikey, SEAAIRE354 and 2 others like this.
  24. rust&patina

rust&patina

That's awesome HF ... Thanks to everyone that's on the front lines fighting this battle ... be safe out there ...

25. Yesterday, I noticed they no longer have any masks listed on their website when you search for them. Glad to here they are stepping up and helping out.

26. Speed~On

Speed~On

Thank you, H.F.! I am a full-time Firefighter/Medic. As someone fighting Covid-19 on the front lines, we greatly appreciate this gesture. Having all the appropriate PPE when treating a Corona patient means the world to us!!

27. I have bought a lot of stuff from Harbor Freight over the years. Not being a professional mechanic, the tools have done what I needed , when I needed them to. Now, Harbor Freight has stepped up to do their part. Let us be thankful and proud of them. It is not all about the money. Maybe their gesture will help to convince others to step up.

Deuces and mad mikey like this.
  28. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

I have found this to also be true. Not the best, but OK for the hobbyist. The turnabout reminds me of the post WWII Japanese junk which evolved into high quality electronics, cameras, cars, etc. largely because they embraced Dr. Demming's theories of statistical process control.

mad mikey and SEAAIRE354 like this.
  29. SEAAIRE354

SEAAIRE354

I’ve had my eye on one of there roller bearing draw tool boxes for a small work space in my basement. The quality is excellent for the price especially if you compare it to the craftsman boxes that Lowe’s is selling. I’ve been holding of because I was holding out hoping I could find something used. When this is all over I will be paying it forward and throwing them some business.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Deuces and mad mikey like this.