Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Ok, ok, I'll start.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BLUSHU, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Day 3 of no bars and restaurants and Mrs BB is driving me nuts! Now on the positive side, when she isn't swinging from the chandelier or boobing up the TV she is working on her drink recipes. Last night was a lovely Woodford Reserve Manhattan made with cherry bitters, sweet vermouth and bourbon "bada bing" cherries. Hey, gotta stay in, they didn't say anything about staying sober.

2. I’ll take that as a yes.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chevy57dude and Bandit Billy like this.
  3. I'm just up the road about a half hour from Woodford county, and 10 minutes from Bourbon county, ah the benefits of living in Ky :D

4. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank my lucky stars for not having a gardener and for our cars. By the time this over I’m sure the clay bar will be worn out. My golf consists of WTG online so I’ll probably play a little more, same for my 8 ball pool. There is always my sons 40 Chevrolet hot rod which is coming quite well and he will continue to work with no interruptions being a lineman/troubleman for SCE . Keep the faith as they say, pray for the sick, and our retirement funds.
    PS: I’m taking my 56 Victoria out tomorrow no matter what.

mad mikey and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. SEAAIRE354

SEAAIRE354

Well we just got put in lock down. Boss told us to stay home. I live on a golf coarse but don’t play golf. That was the wife’s idea ,couldn’t find a house next to a drag strip. I made a deal with a guy in the beginning of the week for another Hemi and may not be able to pick it up. Hopefully I can sneak out to get my car out of storage so I can get it ready for the summer we probably won’t have in the free time I have off. But on the bright side a have plenty of beer and all you guys. Be well every one.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. toml24

toml24

I have a can of beer I was saving until after I mow the backyard lawn. I'm not sure I can hold out!

catdad49 and SEAAIRE354 like this.
  7. gene-koning

gene-koning

Confinement make them horny? Maybe I should spend a little less time out in the shop.....

I'm retired, it looks like I picked a good year to redo my car, not much else I can do. It looks like I might have it road ready be mid April, I sure hope this deal is nearly over with by then, I sure would like to drive it.

The fools in charge are looking at stopping all driving around unless you going to get groceries. If they do that, do you suppose a 100 mile trip to a grocery store would be acceptable? It would be just me and my wife driving around. We would be confined in our car. Gene

8. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Jeez, I dunno, Gene. Are you getting up in age? Forgetting just exactly what you're doing & why, at any given moment? Have they put any hard limits on specific things yet? Like the saying goes: " I don't mean to brag, but I can forget what I'm doing, while I'm doing it!" The concept you want to remember & perfect is: Plausible Deniability. As damn near anything can be explained away, if you're quick on the wit - or at least well-practiced.. What; they gonna call you a liar? :D . Smokey Yunick is a good role model. :D .! It's all application. :D .
    Marcus...

pitman likes this.
  9. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

The only things that have changed at my place is we quit going to the drinking holes and started drinking with the few friends I race with, at our houses. Said we were going to do this many times! Now the President told us to do it! Saves money! Lol We still work ( and drink) at the race car shop, don’t know why, our whole year of getting ready looks like is going to be for nothing! But we know our local track owner..... so maybe we will go race our shadow!

Bones

mad mikey likes this.
  10. I think they are stir crazy. My sister is one of those "people persons". She emails me telling me she is stir crazy and needing some interaction with people. I am sorry, but I just don't understand people that need people.
    Today I will be in the garage or my little garden spot...alone just like I have always liked it.

Wanderlust and catdad49 like this.
  11. It's hard to work in the shop when the weather is so nice outside........so I'm finishing my pole barn project I started last fall. Hope to get some of my "projects" out of the weather.
    Nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away, so I think I'm good there...

56don and mad mikey like this.
  12. Our auto repair shop is closed for now, no customers coming in. Pa. is told to stay home. I have been hanging in my shop with the drag coupe. Poor girl, all dressed up and no place to go.:( I do not know what to think right now.

Ron Funkhouser, chevy57dude and RMR&C like this.
  13. Yeah i know a bunch with cabin fever, personally im enjoying it :D got the stereo cranked up installing a vinyl top, in my element!

56don, SEAAIRE354 and mad mikey like this.
  14. Kevin Ardinger

Kevin Ardinger

Perfect scenario for a introvert. I’m getting a lot done in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. Did somebody say parking lot burn out?

mad mikey and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  16. I had some relatives come for the last half of Spring Break (2 adults with 1 parttime job between them, 3 rugrats and their dog*). So the plan was 4 days and adios. Without going into the details, because of the school and work shutdowns, 4 days has turned into a week and a half of freeloading.
    I'm actually looking forward to a couple of weeks of isolation, just me-n-Ma and nothing but the soft sounds of repairing the stuff they broke, the scrubbing of spilled food stains and writing of checks for the groceries.

*I have no problems with the dog.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  17. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Photos or it didn't happen

18. Twice I've read this and both times I've laughed until i pissed on myself!!

Rickybop and The Shift Wizard like this.
  19. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here you go....7:30am this morning 55F69FB3-F084-448A-9184-A80E6CE373E7.jpeg

greener200, pitman, ffr1222k and 2 others like this.
  20. Budget36

Budget36

Look at the money you save, drink at home!!!

No the missus...well, get a nice bottle for her:)

Bandit Billy likes this.
  21. Billet

Billet

It’s good to see so many are working on their cars or projects at home. I’ve been cleaning and finishing a ridiculous amount of small repairs. It’s good to accomplish some of these tasks that don’t require a lot of money just time. Best of luck to all of you as we go through these uncertain times.

Budget36 likes this.
  22. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I really only wanted to see your car....nice..
    Now I'll have to get one out tomorrow and go for a drive

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^^where the hell is Zuzax New Mexico?....sounds like a place my wife and need to visit on the way back from Florida next trip.^^^

24. As most of you know, I am in the auto parts biz and the doors wont close even if there was a lock down..
    So much for getting something done with some off time.

Budget36 likes this.
  25. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

I went to my son's house today to help him drop in an engine and get it fired off.

we hang out so much, if I have it, so does he and the other way around..

My job is considered essential in my area, so I'm still working as long as customers show up. I was "kinda" hoping for some forced time off, as what I do can't be done from home, but I'll take a regular paycheck as long as I can get it.

Devin

mad mikey and Budget36 like this.
  26. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm always well stocked with beer and cigars, but went to the liquor store today and bought Bonnie a shit-load of wine. Now that she's off work, l plan on taking advantage of that alcohol induced "window of opportunity" between spunky and asleep.:D:D:D:D

Rickybop, chryslerfan55, BJR and 3 others like this.
  27. Budget36

Budget36

Getcha some!

Wait, I said that aloud...

I mean, comfort the wife, then...no...no, hold her, just snuggle, she'll respect you later.

Naw, GETCHA some!

28. southcross2631

southcross2631

Agreed to change the neighbors clutch cable in his Fox Body Mustang yesterday.
    Thought an hours worth of something to do. Wrong. Had to take the front seat out so I could lay in the floor to change out the quadrant .
    I had forgot what a bitch it was. I helped my son convert his Fox body from an automatic to a stick about 10 years ago and realized why they are so popular with young people . Us old farts are not flexible enough to work on them.
    I don't drink so that is not an escape for me. I even cut the grass at 7 pm last night just to have something to do. Can't stand watching sports reruns.

chryslerfan55 and mad mikey like this.
  29. raymay

raymay

Spending time alone here after cancelling my planned trip to visit Family in Florida. I guess if I am going to get stuck someplace for weeks or a month, it may as well be home. Realized what people have been telling me for years that I never sit still. Weather permitting I am spending as much time as possible outside cleaning up the yard, going for long walks and if I get to see another person, I give a smile and a wave. While inside the boob tube or radio is sometimes on for noise. I work on any unfinished projects I may have started. If I have to go out it is usually early in the morning like Tues or Thurs when our supermarket opens at 6AM for Seniors only. I make it a point each day to make a few phone calls catching up with Friends and Family and more importantly it allows me to actually talk to another human. As the weather gets better, I may self quarantine myself in one of my cars and take a nice drive. Never knew how much I really appreciated a good handshake or a hug. Hopefully things start to improve and we can all work back into our normal lives.

wk4.jpg wk7.jpg 20200307_155540.jpg 20200309_125650.jpg

30. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LMAO:D:D:D:D
    LMAO:D:D:D:D

Last night she invoked "social distancing" and told me to take care of my "problem" by myself:(. It appears, even with a generous dose of wine, it's gonna be "life as usual" at hotrodjack's