Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods How Are you Using The Time Off

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

With at least three states shutting down and other countries not allowing you to go to bars ,shops etc. with all this corona virus stuff and not being able to work how many of you are using this time to build/work on your hot rod.

Stogy and mad mikey like this.
  2. adam401

adam401

I took the 34 for a rip around town yesterday through the back roads. Was good for the soul to hear the flathead through the straight pipes! Probably getting furlowed this week so I'll have plenty of time to garden and drink beer.

By Monday at 8pm everything except for the essential will be closed. Most things are already closed. Ive never seen anything like it.

Lil32, edcodesign, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  3. Well....the Wife was sick 2 weeks ago...bad cough, sore throat, low grade fever, then my youngest got it...and I’m dealing with the stuffed up nose and sore throat part of it..no temp...my oldest has the low grade fever..99.4 with Motrin..day 3...so it’s been a little unnerving over here..my oldest’s anxiety is through the roof...and understandably so...horrible time to get sick...my Wife asked if I wanted to go to the doctor....hell no...I’ve been out twice since last Saturday....I did have a meeting at the Ford Plant that had a case...although in a different part of the plant...that was over a week ago on Wednesday...hoping we all get through this and everyone’s life’s get back to some sort of normal

So what ever your doing during this time...do it alone or at a distance....and say a quick prayer for us..

4. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

Yesterday my wife went to Home Depot for interior paint and she said the paint department was FULL of couples picking out paint. I thought that was awesome that lots of people had the same idea.

Deuces and olscrounger like this.

5. Slopok

Slopok

I have heard that Tylenol is the only remedy for the fever that this virus carries. Good luck to you all.

6. Thursday I went to lowes and could not find a parking spot, everyone is remodeling

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

alanp561, stillrunners and Deuces like this.
  7. Remodel kitchen wet bar and master sink tops,raining here.

8. Deuces

Deuces

Me?.. I'm kicking back and relaxing... :):rolleyes::D

9. flatford39

flatford39

Was hoping for some time off but we are considered an "essential service". I will be at work on Monday.

Stogy, stillrunners and BamaMav like this.
  10. Off work, we are closed. Getting some details done on the drag coupe and around the house. I am trying not worry all the time, but having some trouble with that. Anyway, my car is the best ever but no racing. If the weather is good I will be taking her out for a rip. That always makes me feel great. Hope all the HAMB family is well.

11. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

Me? Got the engine and gearbox back in. Made up a new gearbox crossmember to go with the new Tremec TKO. 20200111_162519.jpg 20200310_150600.jpg

kiwijeff, Lil32, slayer and 19 others like this.
  12. jaracer

jaracer

Been retired for 7 years, am I getting extra time off?

hrm2k, kiwijeff, nunattax and 12 others like this.
  13. Brenda's business is not essential but she is staying open as long as our suppliers keep bringing in fresh inventory or a mandatory closing.

Regardless of the corona virus funerals are a fact of life and people still want flowers for funerals, business is extremely slow but she feel's like she owes it to the community to help as long as she can.

I've been doing a little remodeling around her shop. HRP

14. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, I sure hope that everybody gets through this okay. And if we can use our time and get some things done, that's a bonus.
    I'm doing my best to stay at home here on Judy's farm. We stocked up on extra food... just for the animals. Judy owns a restaurant... there's enough food for us.
    Wanna see my project? Off-topic, but I just have to show you guys this LOL.
    Have any of you ever fiberglassed the inside of a swimming pool? Me neither. But that's what I'm doing.
    The old vinyl liner got so old and brittle I couldn't patch it any more. To heck with the vinyl.
    Finished disassembling.
    Now I'm prepping the metal walls and the cement floor.
    Then lay a shitload of fiberglass.
    Nice smooth white gelcoat. Like a bathtub. And it'll last 30 years or more.
    Never ending here LOL. More to do than I can shake a stick at.
    I'll let you know when I get time to work on my ×%$@&* Chrysler!

I wish you all well.

0321201744.jpeg

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We are shut down for at least two weeks now. I have plenty to do in the shop, Dani´s suburban needs roof insulation and a headliner, rebuilt the carb today and the rear springs need more arch, my 40 needs the carb rebuilt too, the 56 need a new ball bearing idler arm, the Riviera new valve cover gaskets , the 34 needs interior and a roof insert, plus better carbs, but all my $$$ will be needed to keep the business afloat ... There will be a lot of little things to fix that don´t cost a lot and after that we´ll need some time to rearrange until things are back to normal.
    And I´m helping a friend that doesn´t have a shop to rebuild his 8ba at my place , but he´s not allowed to come over...

kiwijeff, Stogy, Hightone111 and 2 others like this.
  16. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Same here. I'm still truckin'. People in middle TN still need new roofs after all the storms, so I'm still going up there every day. Don't know how much longer it will last, the plant is going to shut down the line next week, but there is enough inventory for us to haul for a month or two, that is if they don't make them shut down the shipping dept too. Then I may have to hunt me a van trailer and haul some toilet paper!LOL!!!

Swimming pool? That looks like a king sized hot tub! :D:D:D

raven, Deuces, Rickybop and 2 others like this.
  17. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I am. Now I can get all the loose parts that matter for positioning done that I have accumulated at work. My day's were dedicated to keeping production lines running. Now I can give full time to parts and not set them aside like I've been.

Deuces likes this.
  18. Would'nt know....... I have to be there for the "first responders". Everyone else is off, and getting a check, and I'm there taking care of biz....... Not to mention all the "bugs" they bring back after handeling "customers"..........
    Would'nt know how it is to have free days off with pay to play car...........

19. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Not shut down yet but if it happens I'll be spending my days pickin' parts for those who need them at my favorite undisclosed location.

Speed Gems and Deuces like this.
  20. I got my one man modified body back from bead blast and primer ! Bondo time till ?? Stay well gang who knows when this bug is dead!!

Stogy and Deuces like this.
  21. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Amen

Stogy, Deuces and mad mikey like this.
  22. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7 ft by 15 ft endless wave pool.
    Good exercise.
    I do set the thermostat quite high.
    Good for aching bones.

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kiwijeff, mad mikey, alanp561 and 2 others like this.
  23. glrbird

glrbird

Be careful with Motrin, no more than three twice a day or you can fry your kidneys. Then your in big trouble.

Stogy, tractorguy and Deuces like this.
  24. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

mad mikey, Stogy and Deuces like this.
  25. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Dodging my wife’s idea of starting a new home project. Am getting ready for an engine install between news cycles.

[​IMG]

210superair, kiwijeff, enloe and 19 others like this.
  26. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Recently retired so I'm moving my cars and tools etc to the new mancave I built at my son's, all my furniture etc going to my daughter's. Time to declutter and spring clean in preparation for eventual downsizing. I didn't realise that I'd accumulated so much over the years!
    I was planning on an extended tour of North America however the current health climate and plunging $AUD have now set me back months. :mad: I'll eventually rent the house out to fund my sojourn and refurbish it later. If it's not raining here it's stinking hot so I'm just rolling with the punches! :rolleyes:

mad mikey, Lil32, USMercUte and 2 others like this.
  27. Not much has changed, I'm retired, except no one comes to visit so I get more done. That's a good thing.
    Hope everyone gets through this ok.
    I wonder what kind of world it will be on the other side of this, I have seen so much change in my life.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

28. v8flat44

v8flat44

Petejoe, i love yer project....flatheads for....well for a long time, we hope.
    mike in Port clinton, Oh

mad mikey and Petejoe like this.
  29. 62rebel

62rebel

Not doing anything that drains my limited funds until I get back to work. Mostly research and checking trade possibilities. Don't like this. Too much uncertainty.

mad mikey, embyman68, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  30. Budget36

Budget36

Hey HRP...

I wondered about that (funerals), a guy I worked with was going to head to So Cal for a funeral, but apparently it's delayed because the gathering would exceed the number of people.

Have you folks been hit by that was well?