Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Jim Weimer Rod Garage frames

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sleepchamber, Mar 20, 2020.

1. sleepchamber

sleepchamber

Kan Kustom likes this.
  2. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I haven't used one of their frames but on two M-II front end conversion products I purchased from them the ball joints wouldn't take grease through the zerts. I had to buy new rod end pieces from my local NAPA. One of the set ups was a weld in frame clip which I had to do all kinds of reworking to to get it to fit. I wouldn't buy their products again.

lemondana and sleepchamber like this.
  3. rosswo

rosswo
    from minnesota

if it is a model a frame,run away

4. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Five 32 setups here and no problems yet. I will still buy from them.

sleepchamber likes this.

5. figure8

figure8

My '32 5-w has a frame the P.O. bought from JW Rod Garage. Really nice frame. Nothing to complain about. I would buy another.

sleepchamber and Kan Kustom like this.
  6. ems customer service

ems customer service

make sure it is built for your car, engine, transmission, and double check it, otherwise it is not a deal.

sleepchamber likes this.
  7. D2Denny

D2Denny

Bought a set of their boxed 32 rails for an A body, was very well pleased.

8. Wondering if you could elaborate?

Flathead Dave likes this.
  9. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Like anything or anyone you will get good and bad remarks on here. I have installed a few of their crossmembers over the years and have used their tubular a arms. No issues . There was a thread here some time ago about a Model A frame that the front crossmember was welded in incorrectly. Without seeing it or being able to measure its hard to say. If you are looking to buy it ,take 4 jack stands, a level ,a tape measure and some shim material to help level the frame on the stands, and a buddy to help. If there is a twist in the frame when you try to level all four corners you will know. Measure point to point to make sure it is square. JW Garage is here in Wisconsin. They always display at Jefferson Swap meet and I have checked out their frames and always found them to be a quality piece. Believe me after 50 years of building cars and buying parts, there will always be issue's . Just do your best to check it out good before money changes hand's. Larry

10. sleepchamber

sleepchamber

Thanks for the suggestions. Good idea to double checking it.

Sent from my moto x4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. rosswo

rosswo
    from minnesota

I was the one with the a frame a while back.not gonna get into a bashing again,but the crossmember had the rake reversed,wheelbase was not right,frame horns too long,more.the reason I will never buy from them again is I got everything from, it wasn't there frame,just cut the crossmember out and weld it back in.after calls every day,and there salesman remembering me buying it.they finally exchanged it with me,and it still had things wrong.thats all I have to about that.(forrest gump)

sleepchamber and town sedan like this.