Register now to get rid of these ads!

How about a Corona Cruise?

Discussion in 'The 2024 Lone Star Round Up' started by Fuel to burn, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

If the streets are empty we could cruise South Congress. Plenty of "social distancing" if you stay in your car. It's cooler to see them in motion anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Woogeroo and mario711 like this.
  2. While I think everyone can appreciate your enthusiasm we all need to look at what is going on around us. These restrictions have been put in place to protect the public. As I type this Hays county has just joined the ranks of counties with lockdown orders. I'm afraid a gathering of vintage vehicles driving around would send the message that we don't care. I'm reminded of the moron on the network news on spring break who showed total disregard for the safety of others. We certainly don't want that to be the image of vintage vehicle owners. Collectively we have crafted an image of good guys and gals and we don't want that tarnished.

As a medical professional I can't stress enough the importance of being compliant with the orders your local leaders have issued. They are providing the best plans they can with the ever changing conditions we are all facing. We will make it though this if we stay on track. Like the rest of us I'm sad that there are no car events at this time. I applaud the folks that made the very tough decision to re-schedule the Roundup. Of course I'm disappointed but we all need to be thankful they had everyone's safety in mind. Good call guys!

I have attached a portion of the stay at home order sent by the Mayor of Austin. Please note section 4...

SECTION 1. Stay at Home or Place of Residence. Effective as of II :59 p.m. on March 24, 2020, and continuing until April 13, 2020, unless terminated or modified by a subsequent Order, the Mayor of the City of Austin, Texas, deems it in the public interest to issue this Order and ORDERS that all individuals currently living within the City of Austin shelter at their place of residence except as allowed by this Order. To the extent individuals are using shared or outdoor spaces, they shall, to the greatest extent feasible, maintain social distancing of at least six feet from any other person, consistent with the Social Distancing Requirements, as defined in Section 6 below, and as is set out in the Austin!rravis County Health Authority Requirements in Exhibit A, incorporated in this Order by reference. All persons may leave their residences only to perfonn certain Essential Activities, to perfonn work in or obtain services from an Essential Business, Essential Government Service, or in Critical Infrastructure, or to engage in Essential Travel or Minimum Basic Operations all as defined in Section 6 below. SECTION 2. Non-Essential Business and Operations Must Cease. All businesses or operations with a facility in the City of Austin, except Essential Businesses and Essential Government Functions as defined in Section 6 below, are required to cease all activities at facilities located within the City except Minimum Basic Operations as defined in Section 6 below. For clarity, businesses may also continue operations consisting exclusively of employees or contractors perfonning activities at their own residences (i.e., working from home). All Essential Businesses Essential Government Service, and Critical Infrastructure. are strongly encouraged to remain open, especially those that provide the basic necessities for food, water, and shelter. To the greatest extent feasible, Essential Businesses shall comply with Social Distancing Requirements as defined in Section 6 below. This Order shall not be construed to hinder the ability of the industries identified in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Cyber and Infrastructure Security Agency's ("CISA") Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce Memorandum dated March 19,2020 to continue their operation appropriately modified to account for CDC workforce and consumer protection guidance, and the list of industries identified on that memorandum is incorporated in this Order by reference. SECTION 3. Prohibited Activities. All public and private gatherings of any number of people occurring outside a single household or dwelling unit are prohibited, except for the limited purposes as expressly permitted by this Order. Nothing in this Order prohibits the gathering of members of a household or dwelling unit. SECTION 4. Travel. All travel, including, but not limited to, travel on foot, bicycle, scooter, motorcycle, automobile, or public transit, is prohibited except for purposes of Essential Travel, performing Essential Activities or going to work in an Essential Business, Government Facility, or Critical Infrastructure. as defined in Section 6 below. To the greatest extent feasible, people riding on public transit shall comply with Social Distancing Requirements as defined in Section 6 below.

Barn Hunter, Hombre, Silva and 3 others like this.
  3. LAROKE

LAROKE

I, on the other hand, have a bad feeling in my gut regarding trampled liberty.

4. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

hot-rod-58, I feel the same as you. This will blow over in time and we'll be cruising the streets in our beloved rides as if nothing happened. So many of these whiners have never experienced actual "tough times" and act in a typically selfish fashion when confronted with "restrictions" on their freedoms. Most have obviously never served in the military or other entity where discipline and restraint were the order of the day. I'll look for your '50 Woody next time we visit Buda, well, when this crap is over. MAGA !

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  6. 46stude

46stude

Grab an ice cold Corona, pop the top and sit in your car in the garage & make engine noises whilst drinking said beer. Instant, safe Corona Cruise. Nobody gets infected, nobody gets hurt- unless you have a few too many and bust your ass staggering back into the house.

Barn Hunter, Hombre and Fuel to burn like this.
  7. 62nova

62nova

Damn, I'm trying to get mine finished in time but I may have to be satisfied sitting in a lawn chair in my garage pretending to watch other people make vroom vroom noises.

Barn Hunter likes this.
  8. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't we bust a few caps on Michelob Ultra instead of Corona ? The very name makes me want to cough and wheeze ! LOL. I'll have to back out about 3 ft so the garage doesn't interfere with my Sirius XM, permanently set on channel 5, the first generation of rock n roll (hiccup). That will work !

9. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Hotrod 1958.
    Very good point. I know initially we all thought going on a hotrod run was safe and great fun during this mess.
    It does send a bad message. We can still do our essential travels in our old cars. But traveling in groups sure doesn’t seem essential. Since the weather has changed the last week or so, I’ve seen groups of motorcyclist traveling in packs. Now that we keep hearing how easily this shit travels airborne I hesitate even going into a store.
    Let’s all send a positive message and example and follow our states mandates for the sake of everyone’s family.

Barn Hunter and Hombre like this.
  10. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

Hot Rod 1958 makes a good point-

"I'm afraid a gathering of vintage vehicles driving around would send the message that we don't care"

Yeah that would not be a good look. Gonna cool my heels and just look at them in the driveway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Barn Hunter and Hombre like this.
  11. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

More liberty is lost when a carrier, unbeknownst to himself or others, spreads a very contagious virus to others who, may be at an elevated risk. The sooner people comply, the sooner we can get our lives back. The longer people resist, the longer this damned thing will continue to stifle us, or worse, kill us or our friends and family.

12. 46stude

46stude

Lol- sure, grab an Ultra instead. I'm a bourbon guy myself, so I won't be drinking a Corona either!

13. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's exactly right, Cool California. Sometimes, I think certain Americans are their own worst enemies. Stay safe, and 6 ft. apart !