Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Wagon Ford shoulda' built, so we did!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocket's Hot Rod Garage, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Getting closer to wrapping this thing up.

IMG_4018.JPG IMG_3976.JPG IMG_3981.JPG

Deuces, alfin32, dwollam and 12 others like this.
  2. Love the attention to detail in that interior!

3. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great use of the styling of a later Fairlane. In 3 tone, it would have been a dead give away. I used 55 convert styling in my 56 Vic and used 57 Chevrolet Bel Air in a 78 Ford Ranchero for my grandson. The late 50's and 60's had some great interior styling and fabrics. Keeping the roll up window cranks is a great touch along with the arm rests..

4. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like the rest of the car, the interior is a work of art. The attention to detail, quality, and execution are absolutely superb throughout your build.

As I looked at the interior photos I was trying to think of a word to describe my initial reaction. The first word that came to mind was gobsmacked. I'm not sure if that's the best word or not, but I can't think of anything better right now...

5. Squablow

Squablow

The wagon style back seat with the carpet and ribs on the back, but with the Crown Vic V shaped chrome on the front is a really nice touch. The back seat design is part of what makes a Crown Vic special, nice to see it translated into wagon form.

ClarkH, dwollam, DIYGUY and 6 others like this.
  6. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, that´s some great craftsmanship. It´s interesting to see what kind of work can be done, if someone has or can congregate the right set of skills, eye, talent, time and $$. This car is piece of art in more than one way.

7. The back seat is actually a stock Parklane seat ('56 only) that I found from a guy here on the HAMB. I traded him the stock Ranch wagon backseat & some cash & got lucky that he was in the same state! I think It really adds the the fancy Vic feel.

8. Squablow

Squablow

Interesting! I knew of the Parklane wagon but I didn't know that they had that seat. Works perfectly here.

9. Mart

Mart

I Wish I could afford to get Yada Yada to do some work on my heap.

10. Raising the bar.
    This build is a work of art, very impressive.

11. After Tony got the interior wrapped up it was back to Byers for some touch ups & polishing. Then back to us for a little more assembly.

IMG_3922.jpg IMG_6368.JPG IMG_4087.jpg
    Loaded up and ready for our adventure to Pomona.

IMG_4106.jpg

Deuces, OrthmannJ, BigO and 24 others like this.
  12. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

What's the story on the Potvin blown Chrysler? :)

13. We stopped in Twin Falls Idaho at my friend Jeff's to have him letter & finish up our sign. @iddragracer
    60123931400__9D89FDD0-E574-4C66-A0E9-2F20C863D385.JPG

The build book showed up when we where already on the road due to weather. Bob's wife brought it for us. Designed by @JeffreyJames to look like a dealer pamphlet deal.

Book 1.jpg

Deuces, OrthmannJ, Cooon and 21 others like this.
  14. It belonged to an employee of mine. He sold it and went with us to Pomona to be delivered to a guy in Sacramento.

54delray, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

This has been an absolutely stunning build write up! The upholstery is superb but what steering wheel did you use.

Excellent concept to reality but on a personal note I would have used the '56 Fairlane side trim and turn signals or perhaps '56 Meteor Rideau grille, but again that just my personal taste. Well done!

16. How is the car lowered?

Hombre likes this.
  17. It's on a new chassis. I didn't mention it much because it's OT. No stock suspension was harmed. I've got 2 frames I now need to get rid of!

IMG_6166.JPG

dwollam, 54delray, Hombre and 4 others like this.
  18. So you’re saying you were framed?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. Makes sense

Hombre, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  20. KandN Kustoms

KandN Kustoms

Ok , one more time "this thing is OUTSTANDING !"

Just a couple quick questions....
    1. How long did this build take from start to finish?
    2. Would you EVER consider taking on another build of this quality?

Oh and a bonus question....
    And you don't have to answer if you don't want to......
    What would a build like this cost to have you guys do it ?

Again, truly amazing build!

Sent from my SM-G960U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. My brother, MrTomatoHead, has a '55 Ford wagon. So naturally, when I saw this, in pictures from the show, just had to share. Both of us have been drooling over it, ever since. What can be said, that already hasn't? Bravo!! The black w/blue n white inside weirdly works so well.
    ...and that display!! Straight out of a 1956 Detroit Motorama show. Super Cool.

Stogy, 54delray, Hombre and 1 other person like this.
  22. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

If I had ALL the moneys....

Maybe in 1960 Briarcliffe Green Metallic with a green and white interior.

Ah, a man can dream.

23. ZZLEGEND

ZZLEGEND

Your attention to detail is out standing. The build book is just more icing. Great job guys.

Deuces, 54delray, Hombre and 2 others like this.
  24. It was pushing 6 1/2 years build time but I'm sure a larger more qualified shop could do it faster.
    This car has actually made me want to do "simpler" car for awhile. Fenderless, topless early Fords sounds nice right now.
    This build was exasperating both build wise & financially.

Outback, Squablow, alfin32 and 11 others like this.
  25. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

More qualified? Don't think so. Your workmanship, vision, and attention to detail are top notch. Great job and thanks for the build thread.

Cooon, alfin32, Thor1 and 6 others like this.
  26. vilanar

vilanar
    from Finland

Yes,more qualified , my a@@ ! Dam your team is good. As said many, many times. AWESOME WORK !

Hombre, 51504bat and alfin32 like this.
  27. It's Friday & time to wrap this up while we're being quarantined. It was a long journey to get here but we finally debuted the car at this years GNRS. Just want to publicly thank Bob & Pam Cummings, my crew & the others who where involved in this thing!

Unloading.jpg DSC_5295.jpg Judging 1.jpg judging 3.jpg Sign 1.jpg Wide lense.jpg

Boryca, BigRRR, Deuces and 29 others like this.