Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Dang spell check: Camaro

2. I just figured you used a Camaro from south of the border Sam... ;)

chryslerfan55 and MO_JUNK like this.
  3. Started getting the 64 ready to move to the fab shop[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

4. 4speed411

4speed411

Had new Diamondbacks fall off the UPS truck....a full set of black walls for my brother's '34 Dodge and spare wide whites for my '41...

Attached Files:

5. badgascoupe

badgascoupe

Recovering from a heart attack so not much ,but did buy a running 31 chevy truck yesterday

Attached Files:

6. N2hotrods

N2hotrods

620F29C1-9836-44F3-992E-D96F8A1DD467.jpeg 4AB19366-E66A-496F-BCA3-80684D3DBD48.jpeg Finished the top on the 30 tudor

7. 4speed411

4speed411

Tires were delivered by UPS....

guthriesmith likes this.
  8. LAROKE

LAROKE

From the BillyBob Shop log

March 17th 2020 Searched the next two tool boxes in the die grinder burr hunt.

Outside the boxes were a Starrett precision straight edge, a battery tender and a master disconnect set. The top compartment of the top box had a Sons & Streiffe slide rule, a few wrist watches, novelty sun glasses, several padlocks, feet & inches calculator, key fobs, Masonic jewelry, high school graduation tassel and other assorted trinkets.

Below that was a screwdriver and pick drawer, vice grip drawer, channellocks, snap ring pliers, needle nose pliers drawer, monkey wrench drawer and a allen head socket set, scissors assortment, small torx set, allen wrench set, small socket adapters, tap socket adapter set drawer.

The lower toolbox top compartment was empty except for some dust bunnies and an ancient computer password on a post-it note. Below were a pliers, side cutters and bent needle nose drawer, misc sockets, extensions, combo wrenches, tubing wrenches, ratchet wrenches drawer, and a hammers, mallets, punches, drifts and files drawer.

In the open compartment below was a seal installer set, hand laser marker, large screwdriver bits, body work slapper hammer, heavy duty drywall hooks, box of batteries and a box of hole saws.

No die grinder burrs were found yet

[​IMG]

9. Sounds like a great driver and similar suspension to my last 58, I can attest to driving ability. Screenshot_20200314-011933_Gallery.jpg

10. Just coming in from garage, did a little painting D356D9B5-109D-48C4-80D6-8D735398BD75.jpeg 4E0867F7-D089-4A24-B63A-052BF73947D3.jpeg

11. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I read several non-fiction books. Tomorrow, I will likely do the same.

My county, and the eight that surround it, are on lock down. That's about 7-million people.

12. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Went to a chrome shop along with the tail light and parking light doors. Got a great deal. It won’t be for Pebble Beach but great for our project. Photo will be here.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. I had removed the C4 transmission from my 47, last week. Spent today, on a creeper, with 4-1/2 grinder and zip wheel, cutting portion on X-member out, to fit automatic overdrive transmission. Car is on jackstands, ceiling is 8 foot, so only so much room for me and the metal dust. Transmission is just touching the toe board, so tomorrow, will be hammer yielding day.
    Our community is on limited social activity, which is my normal anyways. Just hope fab shop is open to brake me up some channel.

chryslerfan55, mad mikey and MO_JUNK like this.
  14. trollst

trollst

Wiring this thing, its a fifty footer from any viewpoint, rattiest thing I've ever worked on. At least the wiring will look good. Got a poly in it, workmanship is poor to say the least, bordering on dangerous, the owner-builder beams with pride. I might add, it's definitely not mine.

Attached Files:

15. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Finished the front axle replacement on my 28' sedan yesterday afternoon. I was able to take it for a spin about town and road tested it on the two lanes and the interstate. All is good. It is raining again this morning. I'll cleanup the garage this morning. I will get with Nostalgia Sid and see if my Superbell can be tweaked. I believe they are ductile iron not forged. Given the situation in our world now, a little open wheel time with throaty exhaust was great therapy.

16. Ordered a frame for the '32 from Blackboard Hot Rods, guess I'm a 1-800 rodder now. (I'm okay with that at 72) shop08 004.jpg

17. WTF really

WTF really

Had sex with snap on and got the 100th anniversary no 7 ratchet 15845510769061824928539268697339.jpg

18. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

IMG_3168.JPG IMG_3171.JPG IMG_3174.JPG Working on my social distancing skill set.

19. Lil32

Lil32

our Govt has banned all overseas travel,so our USA trip is cancelled
    now trying to get all our bookings fees back from Hotels etc
    Hope it clears by Sept so we can rebook

harley jim likes this.
  20. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

Work in the shop, managed to ruin more than I fixed.

mad mikey, LAROKE and Jalopy Joker like this.
  21. Built a set of gates to keep the zombies out of the shop[​IMG]

22. BoogittyShoe

BoogittyShoe

Better electrify it. Those zombies are crazy jumpers.
    Continued Bondo® dust manufacturing. Removing broken filler from prior-to-purchase rear smash. (Already fixed dent)
    40-grit D.A.'d over-bulbous repair on lower fender. Blocked with 80 grit. Sprayed guide coat. Blocked with 180. Needs skim coat of glaze. About 2/3 quart of filler on the top. If anyone ever tries the magnet thing I'll tell them it's fiberglass. IMG_20200318_184817.jpg

23. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Picked up the front bumper for our 56 Vic from Artistic Silver Plating on Signal Hill. I won a raffle at the Outridders Picnic for $850 and the receipt shows 550 used. They are known for their great work. I painted the back side with Eastwood cast iron because I had it left over. I also did the bumper guards. EF380FB5-BF63-4EA9-BBBC-EFB5664F6D63.jpeg

24. 31Apickup

31Apickup

25. LAROKE

LAROKE

From the BillyBob Shop log

March 19th 2020 Cab bodywork and shop organization continues. Next in line is the shop "library". In plain sight is my Dad's Heathkit Oscilloscope that he and my brother assembled. In addition were a computer tool set, jeweler's drill, X-Acto knife set, tea filter and an alligator clip work holder.

Below, Swedish ammo boxes that carried spare parts on both of BillyBob's road trips a decade ago still contain mostly BillyBob spare parts, some of which can be used on the Deerslayer reconstruction.

Alternators, diodes, voltage regulators and wheel bearings are in box 1. Heater hose, hose clamps, Vacuum tubing and gas line hose are in box 2. More heater hose, thermostat and ballast resistor reside in box 3. Wheel cylinders, brake shoes, drum brake parts and hoses are in box 4. 6 volt starter, battery cables and terminals are in box 5. Fuel pump, fuel filter and filter elements reside in box 6. Box 7 is filled with a BillyBob bolt collection. Distributors, both points and HEI, voltage regulators, spark plugs, coils, both points and HEI, condensers and HEI module are in box 8. box 9 contains an inner tube, speedometer cable, spring shackles, throwout bearing, wheel bearings and seals, universal joint kit and tie rod ends.

The die grinder bits and burrs have yet to be found. Beer of the day was Tommyknocker Brewery & Pub's Imperial Nut Brown Ale.

[​IMG]

26. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The bumper is now on. I used new 1/2” bumper bolts instead of 7/16” and needed to enlarge a few holes but not on the bumper. F6BD5FCF-BA36-4521-B756-10FB2C8D72A9.jpeg
    Yes, there is the mandatory Y-Block drip pan under the engine.:p

27. A 2 B

A 2 B
    from SW Ontario

Busy day. Started off replacing a set of trunk hinges on the A coupe. Thought my eyesight was worse than normal but realized it was just crappy lighting in the garage.
    Took down all 16 - 4' florescent fixtures and replaced with LED units that I've had sitting on a shelf for more than a year.
    WOW ! Turned night into day.

28. Laroke
    I bought box the other day for 25 bucks, I'll bet there were 150 burrs in it, I been passing them out like Halloween candy.

chryslerfan55 and LAROKE like this.
  29. I worked on the neighbors tractor today, it has a cracked block so I did this nano technology treatment thing to it, the neighbor says it worked on something somebody else had that was cracked. I dont know if it will work or not but I need the tractor running to move vehicles around here and to move my 64 cab that is mounted on a roller frame to the fab shop. Same old crap got to fix two things to get to the one you need to fix. And in the after glow of Laroke the Beer of the day was Bud delivered to me by my wife who said it looked like I needed one or two. God I love her....

30. G'day, I sold car parts until I was freed at the end of the day. Came home and have been sick all evening. Sure glad the wife stocked up on tp. I am guessing a touch of food poisoning.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.