Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Help with shopping for pistons-Chevy 261 inline 6

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by inline_sixer, Mar 10, 2020.

1. inline_sixer

inline_sixer

Hey everyone! I'm looking for some feedback concerning buying pistons for a chevy 261 straight 6. I've got the block at the machine shop currently and it's going to be getting a .060 overbore, so I'll be needing a new set of pistons. I've been calling the usual vendors (Classic Industries, Summit Racing) but so far no one has what I need. Any places y'all would recommend? Just trying to get pricing for now so I know how much I'll need to get together. Appreciate the help!

2. tractorguy

tractorguy

Have you tried Egge ? Have you done a search on www.inliners.com ? Have fun

3. inline_sixer

inline_sixer

Not yet, but I will now. Thanks!

4. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Try that auction site we all know and love. I've seen 261 pistons on there before. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

5. 6-bangertim

6-bangertim
    from California

6. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

If you were in the INLINERS International, you would get the 12 Port News, And you would have seen the ad for Ross Pistons, which uses a 261 piston in the picture. And you would get lots ofother info and offers as well as just car stuff.

6inarow, lumpy 63 and Tman like this.
  7. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rich is right and Ross just made my sons 302 + 60 street Pistons... They advertise Chev 6's a lot.

8. inline_sixer

inline_sixer

Thanks for the info; I'll definitely be joining Inliners in the near future. I just emailed Ross so I'll see what they tell me!

9. 6inarow

6inarow

Hmmm join Inliners in the future? As in after the 261 is done? Seems backwards to me

10. 270ci

270ci

Join now and let Ross know your Inliners member number. They will give you a discount on their pistons, at least they used to.

6inarow likes this.