Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Rolling Bones on Amelia Island

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Bob Snow's photos:

Rolling Bones @ 2020 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance - by Bob Snow (1).jpg
    Rolling Bones @ 2020 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance - by Bob Snow (2).jpg
    Rolling Bones @ 2020 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance - by Bob Snow (3a).jpg
    Rolling Bones @ 2020 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance - by Bob Snow (3b).jpg
    Rolling Bones @ 2020 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance - by Bob Snow (4a).jpg
    Rolling Bones @ 2020 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance - by Bob Snow (4b).jpg
    Rolling Bones @ 2020 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance - by Bob Snow (5).jpg
    Rolling Bones @ 2020 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance - by Bob Snow (6).jpg

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

this is a Model A with a 34 roof if my brain is working today. o_O sneaky bastards!
    seems like I remember someone here slicing and dicing the same combination a few years back.

[​IMG]

3. derbydad276

derbydad276

4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I think it’s a couple roofs, from a couple years. Pretty neat

my2nd40, 49ratfink and Stogy like this.
  5. Here's a side profile photo of the #199c Coupe:

Rolling Bones @ 2020 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance - by Nathan Deremer.jpeg
    image by Automotive Photography by Deremer Studios, LLC

Hamtown Al, alfin32, my2nd40 and 5 others like this.
  6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That 199 coupe could get a speeding parked with the engine cold.
    The Roadster earned it's creds with being driven to Bonneville, raced and driven back that many times.
    Not too impressed with the "we aren't getting enough attention lets fire our engines up and gun them" thing though.

7. DOCTOR SATAN

DOCTOR SATAN
    from okc

Beautiful rods, such craftsmanship.....

8. brady1929

brady1929

They are amazing, aren't they? So much soul.

9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

GOOD GAWD!

Stogy and continentaljohn like this.
  10. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Those guys invented hot rodding!

Stogy and continentaljohn like this.
  11. Great group of guys!

my2nd40, continentaljohn and Stogy like this.
  12. Those awards are very well deserved Jon for a real hot rod that has been driven and earned it's history. And those Bonneville stickers are real badges of honour. It doesn't get any better than that, maybe the S&S coupe will get close ;-) Time will tell. Cheers Ralf

13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Symphony of Engines perhaps a nod to Bonneville or Racing as Hotrodding has never been a peaceful event by any means...I thought the show was ending...:D

I can imagine El Mirage or Bonneville peace is shattered by essentially the same so while I am not big on noise it is part of Hotrod Ambience...

I am happy to see The Acknowledgement of Hotrod as a force and they are Collectible and absolutely have Provenance...

Sometimes without the Sound the fullness of Hotrod might not be fully realized...I hope earplugs were offered as to some that may have been a shock...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    stillrunners and brady1929 like this.
  14. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

One of the judges in the “Rolling Bones” class is a good friend of mine, we were just discussing the event and he mentioned that they asked the owners to “fire up” the cars. I admit that I normally think this type of exhibition is lame (cackle fest) but with a symphony of vintage flat heads and a Y block singing In the Florida air it had to be exciting.

stillrunners and Stogy like this.
  15. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I love old rods,pretty cool to show them in upper class way also.Thanks for photos ,fun to see..
    I do think too myself often about not adding any extra notes,but then also think if I pass again an often do,so does the bad ideas along with the good parts!
    The bad being old mistakes copied an repeated even more by those who don't see them,or don't understand them!;
    So my added note is;,The cowl steering is bad engineering on nearly* all cars, it has ever been used on,in the pass or now!
    Bad patina* to me is rot an shows things going bad more then it helps in anyway at all.
    None of that means I don't like old cars,but dose mean I don't care for others repeating mistakes,only do too,they think they like the look with out understanding were its right an wrong. If patina* don't show up from 10 or 20 feet away,then in some cases,it gets a pass from me,as its not yet going in to full rot. Dosen't matter to many,put that's how I see it !

16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

If you have ever witnessed the cacklefest at the CHRR you wouldn't think it was lame.
    Not a flathead or Y-block in sight either.

Stogy likes this.
  17. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All the Duesenbergs and Packards and Bentleys were revving their engines, too.
    Just couldn't hear 'em.
    hehehehe...

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. I'll bet some of the Rolls and Bentley drivers never heard a 400 JR cam in a 59 AB before this event. I think it's a fine thing.

19. Was there a Hemi in that black 33/34 with no hood ?

20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...you mean this one...I believe you are correct...

Screenshot_20200312-062712_Chrome.jpg

21. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  23. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

24. A Boner

A Boner

Is it just me, or do those blue Bonneville decals stick out like dog balls. Sure wish they were not so big or such a bold color.....really screws up the flow of the car to me! The SCTA decals are great though.

25. chromelady

chromelady

There is no sweeter sound than a PISSED OFF FLATTIE with a BIG CAM ! That my fellow HAMBER'S is PURE HOT ROD, and if that dos'nt make your blood boil, COLLECT STAMPS.

kidcampbell71 and Jonneville like this.
  26. mlagusis

mlagusis

Does anybody know if there are photo shoots or any more info on the white sedan?

27. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And just who are we to critique Bones’ patina, cackle, or Salts stickers? Hmm?

Long may they Roll!

my2nd40 and Jonneville like this.
  28. Jonneville

Jonneville
    from NY and UK

gnichols, kidcampbell71 and Stogy like this.
  29. Jonneville

Jonneville
    from NY and UK

You do know what those blue Bonneville "Safety Inspected" decals represent, right, and how hard won they are?

HEMI32, my2nd40 and Stogy like this.
  30. Mpls 40

Mpls 40

Maybe it's just me ... but I think the profile of this car is horrible. Rolling Bones @ 2020 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance - by Nathan Deremer.jpg