Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Bruce Fischer MIA, again?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobss396, Nov 13, 2019.

1. I exchange PMs with Bruce, last answer was Oct 26th and today I gave him a poke. He was fishing in NC, I know he was heading home shortly after the 26th. His last activity here was October 31st, anyone heard from him?

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Thought about checking on him recently myself, wandering how his OT project was going.
    Hopefully he will chime back in shortly now that you've posted;)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Bruce was on the ebay motors discussion board a couple of times this past Sunday (Nov 10th). He has been working on the heater on his OT car and was asking questions.

4. Glad to hear that he is OK. Miss his posts on here.

chryslerfan55 and pprather like this.

5. Dang....heater issues again......remember sending him a good heater for the 56 Buick wagon a while back

6. He's a good guy, always has something interesting going on. Living the Jed Clampett lifestyle too, up in the hills.

7. He's around and okay, working his part time job more like full time.

mikhett, Bruce Fischer and upspirate like this.
  8. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Holding out hope that he sells the o/t project he's working on so he'll have more cash for a HAMB friendly long roof. Always enjoy his posts.

9. I haven’t heard from Bruce since fall of 19.
    Hope all is well. Always enjoy conversations with Mr. Fischer.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

Slopok and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. Slopok

Slopok

Found em, He's on the Sitting & Rotting picture thread!

11. 2many projects just call me Bruce. LOL. Sorry guys now working full time making deliveries and mixing car paint along with all the trees coming down on our mountain top home here and the Plymouth has kept me very busy. Plus we had to put down old Sunny Girl 5 weeks ago, she was 16 years old. I lost my best friend.I am still looking for another rescue Golden retriever any age.Today finally got the 2 tree winched out by the propane tank out with the Dodge truck and got them cut up. The real big one that came down 3 days ago, it took us 2 hours just to get a path wide enough to squeeze our cars thru. We tried cutting the over hang off but the tree is just too big for my chain saw. I am going to see if I can rent a bigger one next week end. Justin and I were counting the rings on the tree and it is over 100 years old. It is a red cedar tree. Now for the Plymouth.I was going to drop a electric dist in it.They sent me one for a big block so I sent it back and put the stock one back in. Last week coming home it started running real rough so I put new points , changed the condenser and new spark plug wires now I have no spark at the points. Got fire from the coil even tried running a wire from the coil to the battery still no start. Any ideas till I get another electric dist? Thanks in advance. Bruce. Heres to old Sunny Girl. 004 (2).JPG

Latigo, AndersF, raven and 13 others like this.
  12. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Sorry to here about your furry friend :( Glac you have things to do to keep you busy.

13. Thanks for the update Bruce. I always enjoy reading your posts. I’m sure sorry to hear about your Sweet Girl. I hope things get better for you. Am I correct, you do have spark from the coil? Just not out to the plugs? How are you checking it from the coil? A coil should easily jump a 3/8-1/2” gap from the coil wire. If it will do that, my money is on a bad cap, or rotor, possibly both. Sadly, today new does not mean the part functions. NEW=
    Never Ever Worked.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Old wolf likes this.
  14. So sorry to hear about Sunny Girl Bruce. They are so much like your family and become like a kid following you around to show their affection. How can you not love those beautiful faces? Glad to hear that you and yours are well Bruce. How has your Son been after his accident?

16. War horse that accident was two years ago this month.He is back at work in Fla. and just as orany as ever. LOL. Thanks Bruce.

17. Good morning Bruce. Soo sorry to here about Sunny girl.:( Hope you find a new pal, and an old wagon too. I wish we lived closer. I think I could help finding you that wagon. But wouldn't be much help on finding ya a new pooch. Take care. Ron.........

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    Bruce Fischer likes this.
  18. 392

Sorry to hear about your fiend. I had to put mine down 6 months ago and tough doesn’t say enough. Glad to hear your son is back up. I really enjoy your posts even though I don’t have much to add. Keep on keeping on.

19. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

Sorry about SUNNY GIRL ,BRUCE IM A DOG LOVER TOO!

20. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Sorry to hear you lost your furry friend. I’m a dog lover too. They are really mans best friend.

21. jim snow

jim snow

Hey Bruce, good to see you again. Sorry for the loss of your pal. It’s been almost three years since ours passed. Still miss her. All the best. Snowman

22. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry about Sunny Girl and glad you are looking for a rescue dog (and not just a young dog) for her replacement. My neighbor just spent 2 grand for a Golden pup to replace his Golden that he had to put down. Seems a waste with all the good dogs at the local shelter who need a forever home. I hoping that you find your HAMB friendly SW so that you and your new 4 legged friend can go cruising together.

23. The longest we ever had a dog was 12 years. When you have them that long they become part of the family. Its a difficult loss because they are much more than just a dog.

24. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Bruce, putting down one of my furry buddies is by far the hardest thing I have ever done! Sorry for your loss, Gary:(

Bruce Fischer and INVISIBLEKID like this.
  25. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had to put Audrey down last year. Raised her from a pup----lived to 15. One of the hardest things I ever had to do. I still can't bring myself to change my avatar picture of her. Condolences Bruce.

26. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Sorry for your loss, my buds been gone almost two years, used to take him everywhere. In my Crosley in my avatar, surprised thread still open. Oh and glad you well too!

warhorseracing and Bruce Fischer like this.
  27. So guys I have spark coming from the coil on the Plymouth but no spark at the points, think it could be a broken wire?Thanks Bruce.

28. Sorry about your old mate, I know the feeling,
    With your points ,are they new,if so they may need a clean on the faces ,sometimes coated with a protective film. Or the earth wire from your points backing plate to the distributor body,possibly. Are you getting power to your points at all?

29. ...seeing this reminds me that dogs are so much better than people...