Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Featured Classifieds: '29 Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Featured Classifieds: '29 Roadster

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

kidcampbell71, jnaki and Shadow Creek like this.
  2. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    That roadster is a good buy, since it has most of the stuff that is seen on most early roadsters. But that 32 grille and huge headlights need replacing. Why have a 29 roadster with its classic style and then put on a 32 shell? It seems like that is a minority opinion. But, in looking at the black Ford 1929 roadster from Bud Bryan, that to me is “the” look, style and attitude of a 1929 Ford Roadster, and not just in So Cal. It just fits on all accounts. (except for the blue California plates, those have to go…)
    upload_2020-3-4_7-39-41.png 1929 Ford Roadster
    upload_2020-3-4_7-40-22.png Texas 29 roadster
    The Texas 29 has a good starting point, with the parts and partial build. But, since a lot of Model A Roadsters have 32 grille shells, it might as well get in line with the other cookie cutter looks, while joining the masses in that style.

Jnaki

If someone is going to build a 29 roadster, this has enough stuff to have a good base to begin the new look. Unless, of course, this stays the same and becomes a “beater” roadster. YRMV

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I think it boils down to what you are trying to accomplish with the car... Trying to be a little different? Put a stock model-a shell on it. Though, one could argue that keeping the stock grille is not really all that innovative at all... for obvious reasons...

Or are ya going for sleeker looks? And I think history and yours eyes tell ya that the '32 shell creates a much sleeker line.

Takes all kinds... just don't put a tractor shell on it and I'm happy.

4. ^^^^ THIS, a thousand times, this!!!!^^^^

5. hotrodlane

hotrodlane

I think it is Awesome that early fords are soft right now. My stuff is not for sale anyhow and that just means I can afford to buy more of it! I think that the market is soft due to trend followers selling their early fords and buying a farm truck C10 and putting 20" wheels on it with air ride so they can be cool like all the rest of the clowns you see on TV these days. Like I said I am Glad, Let them be cool in their old farm truck and I will keep playing with my early fords.

6. Roothawg

Roothawg

What’s Bob wanting to buy now?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Seen and touched this roadster... won't find a better one.

kidcampbell71 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. don daddyo

don daddyo

As seen in my avatar, my 29 Ford Roadster still a puzzle right now, but as soon I get the chance to work on it ,I'll try to keep the way it was ,except for the mechanic ...You know for me a flathead ,will be to expensive to built , so I'm thinking of going to a nailhead that run , if I have a chance to find one already done . I have mostly everything to built it .Just need some more time to finish my present project...And that will be as stock as possible ...I love Hot Rod , the purist as possible...Don