Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'M no longer LOCKED OUT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Feb 22, 2020.

1. 2muchstuff

2muchstuff
    from Eastern KS

This. Been there, done that. Takes just a small hole and a clothes hanger. Several years ago had the same issue with my '32 five window at the motel during KKOA Salina. Took alot of finagling, but was able to push the door handle up enough to get past the lock function while a second person opened the door. Not easy, but beats glass everywhere!!

19Eddy30 likes this.
  2. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

Most that have Posted trying to help/ give a solution Do not know how the 32 Ford & other Older Ford Locks work or door Frame is design, But yet the 32 has a column lock for the steering wheel ,
    To brake the Glass then will cause more problem , Dealing with what it takes to replace any of the glass in a real 32 Ford , & most replacement glass patterns are incorrect.

My OT new GM truck a few weeks ago , I left my Key ring on Front seat , No big deal because window was cracked , so I used a Rod to push the electric door Lock , Doors would not unlock , So I was able to hook keys off seat & unable to get threw the opening , I was able to use my knife to push the unlock on the remote. wants the door is locked with key out of the ignition , theft system sets , You have to use Key or remote to unlock ,

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. woodsnwater

woodsnwater
    from North Al.

I've never seen a brake / clutch pedal hole that was so tight a wire wouldn't fit through.

4. I crawled under the car and poked around the brake pedal last night and honestly believe it is futile, I realize according to the 1932 Fod Book this is how access was gained when the car was original, there were some huge gaping hole to work around.

As I stated numerous times but I will repeat it again, have recently installed kilmat as tight around the brake pedal as possible to prevent air and water from entering the interior, I then installed jute backing & carpet, believe me, it is extremely tight. HRP

loner2 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. Let's just let it simmer until the locksmith takes a look at the problem. HRP

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  6. read em all HRP, ugg bad problem on early Fords, looks like a small 5lb will take care of it, good luck o_O
    ps this just reminded me to go lower my windows on the 36

7. Still not in the car yet ? I thought for sure I would see a happy ending and
    you got into your car by now... hopefully the locksmith has the golden touch
    and opens this.. I learned the hard way.. I have a set of keys at a relatives and a
    third set at home.. Good luck...

8. The locksmith is on a big job and it will be late this afternoon he thinks. HRP

loner2, nochop and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. chriseakin

chriseakin

Duct tape or packing tape on the glass minimizes the amount of vacuuming you have to do afterwards.

10. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Having read about this topic being closed. I am now keen to see how you get in. I have gained access into many cars before when the keys are in the ignition or on the seat.

In the past I have found this >
    [​IMG]
    as you can manipulate it in a loop to grab a handle or a lock knob.

Once I was in a mates car sitting in the passenger seat before he even realised it after panicking he had left his Dog in the car on a hot day.

11. 392

I should have bet the over 5.5 Some interesting ideas but lots of bs

chryslerfan55 and flatford39 like this.
  12. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tighter than a bulls ass in fly season?

13. SR100

SR100

This is probably irrelevant at this point, but wouldn't it be better to cut the windshield moulding and take out the glass in one piece than to shatter the glass?

14. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

1932 widow frame is the moulding $600 Plus .
    Glass $200 , the gasket is very thin , maybe 1/8 clearance between frame & A pillar . most of the time when you remove front glass ,chance Frame will be damaged

15. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I agree.

NO MORE posts until a after the Locksmith visits update from Daniel.

egads and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  16. I am no longer locked out!

002.JPG

003.JPG

001.JPG

I called the locksmith on my way home and got a answering service, leave a number and I'll call you back.

He said he couldn't make it today, maybe tomorrow so I came home and decided to remove the exterior door handle and try using a big flat bladed screw driver.

While I was removing the door handle I remembered I had a few extra door handles in my swap meet box, so instead of using a screw driver I dug through the box and found a handle, it is about this time I realized how much longer the square shaft is, I know they have to be cut to fit different applications.

As I inspected them I noticed the one that I had just removed appeared to be broken on the end, I picked up the handle that was longer ,stuck it in the door and pushed it in place and I heard something fall down inside the door, obviously a piece of the original shaft.

I turned the door handle and low and behold the door opened!

004.JPG

The extra door handle that opened the door doesn't have the correct curved piece behind the handle. so I have to order one, pretty reasonable compared to what I feared might happen with a hammer. :) HRP

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    loner2, vintage56, catdad49 and 20 others like this.
  17. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

18. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

19. And no, you can't.

I tried to edit the title to read OH NO~ I'M LOCKED OUT - I"M NO LONGER LOCKED OUT!

but kept getting a error message. Danny

20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He should still get an extra key and make sure it opens the keyed side properly and a carry a plastic handled key (screwdriver) as a backup...

brady1929 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  21. Sweet! Got that heater fixed yet ;)

partsdawg likes this.
  22. Again, there is only one exterior lock and it is on the passenger side, it will lock & unlock the door from the outside only, if the door handle is engaged/latched from the inside the exterior door lock, key or not is totally useless, that's just the way Henry designed it.

I would think the shaft breaking is a fluke. HRP

loner2, dana barlow, warbird1 and 4 others like this.
  23. No, give me a chance to bask in my accomplishment of getting the door open. :D HRP