Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'M no longer LOCKED OUT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Feb 22, 2020.

1. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I don’t think you can unlock a deuce door with a key if the handle is in the locked position, at least on my avatar...hence knowing I can reach the door handle through the cowl vent. But it will lock by throwing the passenger door into lock then the drivers door, then exit through drivers door.

upspirate and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  2. That's what I'm afraid of. HRP

loner2 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

This does suck..... Any way to pop a grommet or unbolt something on the front of the firewall, then use something like stiff wire to get to the door handle? Gotta be a way :mad:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Mel

Mel

I was just about to say access through the battery box in the floor- presuming your battery is still in that position. Well, a small slice in the carpet that is under the seat would be better to me than smashing some glass.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Place an order. Week and 40.00. Still cheaper than new non-matching glass.
    91396EDB-4E84-44C8-8CFE-F1C552482989.jpeg

6. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Just call a locksmith.

They have tools - you don’t.

They have these inflatable balloons that flex the door just enough to slip and hook or wedge plate to open doors.

Call the lock smith and get it done

7. We broke one of those trying to remove the pins on Dave's 40 coupe. HRP

8. That's exactly what I plan on doing Monday morning. HRP

9. I had to call one on my OT car once. He charged me $50 and that included a key.

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

bet that you have a BF hammer that fix most anything

11. Believe me I thought about it until common sense kicked in. HRP

12. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I'd still try the wedges in the door jamb trick. All you need to do is get it far enough away from the jamb that you can work a stiff wire in there. The heavy plastic strapping works great, too. My kit has both. I just want to get one of those cool pump up bags.

13. The '32 Ford does not have a overlapping door like the Model A, it is flush mounted with about a 3/16" gap, I just don't see any way to accomplish that.

Again, I'm going to call a locksmith tomorrow, I don't have to gain entry today and I see where their service is higher on the weekend & holidays. HRP

14. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

Hot rod Primer , I did not read all the posts , If still locked Out , jack car up & I would try going from under Car threw the Brake peddle opening with a rod to door handle,

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. Such Suspense! :confused: Wish I were there. I would have 4" out of top by now!:eek:;) Good Luck my friend.

16. Mark, did you forget I buy my cloths in the men's Big & Tall department, not the children's department like yourself :D

Seriously, I have owned a couple of chopped cars and as much as I like them I am too tall for a chopped car. HRP

loner2, ffr1222k, pprather and 3 others like this.
  17. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Do you have stock door locks?

If you do can you pull the hinge pins and pull the front of the door out or forward far enough to unhook the back?

I saw you mentioned you had new check straps, don’t know if those are too short to try....

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

ct1932ford and chryslerfan55 like this.
  18. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

With what probably broke in the latch mechanism your most likely going to have remove hinge pins anyway just to open the door and fix the latch.

Sent from my SM-G973U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

I guess Ford figured this problem out by 33 as mine locks from the inside by pulling the handle up. That said I tried using the key, even though I already knew better, to unlock it and it does not work.
    Call a locksmith if you like but if you are using the factory lock pretty sure you will just be getting an extra key out of it. An expensive one at that.
    Good luck

20. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I don't think that's a hard rule on this board :rolleyes:

Hamb.jpg

warbird1 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  21. glrbird

glrbird

HRP, while you have your thinking hat on, is there a way to prevent this in the future?

22. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Agreed, If you're going to have to pop the driver side pins to get the door open to do the latch repairs, have at it. At least the 32 is at home.

23. This will take some practice, but it works.
    Bob

chriseakin, dan31 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  24. Here is another method that might be successful using a regular drill. I have not tried this one, but I have seen many videos like this.
    Bob

25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

a guy I worked with had a chain with what must nave been 50 of the old Chevrolet keys on it. he loaned it to me so I could find one that worked and get a key made for my car... so what you need to do is find the guy with 50 old Ford keys, or call your buddies and have them come over with whatever keys they have.

26. Something like this ain't 100% preventable, if what I think happened the latch spring might have broken and I suspect age has a lot to do with that, in the future I will try to remember not to lock the passenger door from the inside.

The way Ford designed the latch if the passenger door is locked from the inside the door lock key is useless, it will lock & unlock the door from the outside as long as it remains unlocked from the inside of the car. HRP

httpimages.upauto.comb20012-lspb20012-lsp_01.jpg

27. As a retired lock smith I cain't tell you how many cars I opened by the passanger door. Also I always used the passanger door . As Customers and amateurs do the drivers door. And they usually caused damage in that door.

Rich S. likes this.
  28. That is what I said. I think the door straps will not be an issue. If the doors have never been off, it may need heat and that is a problem.

29. You are not that much taller than me!:rolleyes: Well at least we both feel the same way about Ford door locks.:p SC 030.JPG

30. ^^^^^^^^^ Brothers of Different Mothers ^^^^^^^^^. :) HRP

loner2, Blue One, ct1932ford and 2 others like this.