Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage SAN DIEGO BIG 3 - THE LAST ONE !!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HellsHotRods, Jan 30, 2020.

1. mopacltd

mopacltd

My brother and the gang are still there selling stuff, but he said they have sold almost all they brought.

kidcampbell71, lumpy 63 and 31Dodger like this.
  2. I went yesterday, was walking the whole time and barely finished by 5. Sadly lots of empty spaces and the line to get in sucked. I don't mind the $5 to get in (always free in the past) but 45 min in a Disney style line wasn't fun......a shitty end to a great swap. But I still managed to fill my cart :).

3. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Just wasn't as much fun without you Chuck....Watching you haul all my freebies away last year made us piss ourselves laughing:D

6-bangertim likes this.
  4. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Guess it's a sign of the times. I used to enjoy it when I lived there. It was Jack Murphy Stadium then. I even went to drag races there once or twice.

5. mopacltd

mopacltd

Lumpy, I heard you guys pretty much sold everything you had for sale this year.

lumpy 63 likes this.
  6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

pics to share?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

It's too bad that the last one had to be so screwed up. Sellers couldn't find spaces because the re-marked them different (new owner). The Car Corral was moved to a huge section that used to be general parking, such a waste that only 12 cars were parked in there......this caused most buyers to walk 100-300yard from parking to the gate. They charged $10 park (as usual) and $5 to enter which is the first time I have seen that. Being a true hoodlum, I was able to park close in a secret spot and use holes in the fence (2 locations) to go in and out with my stash. There is talk that they may be able to move it to Del Mar Fairgrounds but last I heard was Del Mar wanted 3X the amount for space rental. I was there Thursday and Friday, lots of stuff but slim pickins on early ford and hot rod. Saturday rained on and off.

lumpy 63 likes this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the pics @HellsHotRods...some of them are redx'd and bump up the thumbnails.

Sorry you fellas are loosing a goodone...:(

lumpy 63 likes this.
  9. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

lumpy 63 and Jalopy Joker like this.