Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Unexplainable Car-Lust!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 33Doll, Feb 16, 2020.

1. 33Doll

33Doll

So, I had the most strange experience at the Sacramento Autorama yesterday.
    I’ve been going on and off since I was a small child, because, of course, I eat breathe and live cars! Every once in a while, a car will give me goosebumps, and such, and I think “That’s beautiful I’m in love”...But, this experience I had when I went into the low rider exhibit, just to see some of the beautiful craftsmanship, and I’ve always kind of liked low riders, (it’s a California thing!)...
    But when I rounded the corner and saw this deep deep Brandywine Candy 59’ impala convertible....the hair, on my arms stood up so high, they were straight, and I felt lightheaded, and in ecstasy! It was the strangest thing I’ve ever experienced! It’s just a car! I’m not particularly in to Chevys. I’m a Ford guy, but I do like some Chevys! American graffiti did that with the white 58 impala I’ve always wanted one of those, but then I saw this 59 convertible! It’s hard to explain unless you were there, but the paint was so deep and so candy like, you wanted to jump into it! Then when I saw the whole car and the work that was involved, and the body lines, and everything. I just had like, this outer body experience!
    It was so strange! I instantly felt like I was cheating on my 33, and the traditional hot rod scene, because I was lusting over this low rider, but I swear, you had to be there to see it! Even the truest diehard Hotrodder would appreciate it!

I’m just sharing this on the traditional forum because that’s what I belong to, but I also appreciate cars of all makes and models and styles, I’m not prejudiced that way! My point is, those low riders have so much work involved you wouldn’t believe it! it’s not all gang bang and pimp stuff, it’s just another car culture, is the point I’m making, and me being a mature adult, I can appreciate the work involved!
    Pictures don’t do it justice!
    IMG_8530.JPG IMG_8531.JPG IMG_8532.JPG IMG_8678.JPG

2. flatford39

flatford39

You need to meet a good woman......

3. [​IMG]
    Come to the dark side....

blowby, 33Doll and Tickety Boo like this.
  4. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

I think your OK, as long as you don't try to hump it.:D

5. bchctybob

bchctybob

I’ve had that feeling a few times, like the first time I saw Blake’s 27 up close, and the Ala Kart.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

33Doll likes this.
  6. 33Doll

33Doll

Ha! She was with me! And liked it too!
    Not quite as much me!!

chryslerfan55 and flatford39 like this.
  7. 33Doll

33Doll

I seriously thought about getting in it and driving out the door! That wouldn’t happen! There was 5,000 Chicanos there!

chryslerfan55 and blowby like this.
  8. 33Doll

33Doll

Ha! I might get my tows wet with a

67’ Pontiac GTO
    IMG_8605.JPG

9. 33Doll

33Doll

I really liked this 40’ Pick em up! Adjustments.JPG IMG_8663.JPG IMG_8664.JPG

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. Bigmac48

Bigmac48
    from Dundalk Md

Think you had an "auto body experience "

11. The $$$ that was put into that 59,

One could have moved on up to the east side to a deluxe apartment in the sky !

12. X-cpe

X-cpe

Thankfully some people have enough for both.

13. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Tri-power 348 too.

Don't the back windows go down all the way on those?

14. manyolcars

manyolcars

no matter how much you like low riders, they are not hotrods and they definitely are not traditional hotrods