Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Up in smoke ~ Hot Rod burnouts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Let's face it, we all claim to be adults but some times that kid in us just can't be contained, so with that do you have any photo's of your hot rods or customs doing a burn out?

let's keep it hamb friendly please. HRP

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I do not waste my tires, nor stress the mechanical components, on such a useless exercise. A drag car may be a different story.....

To each his own.

Ray

3. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

4. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Chirp em a bit on the 40 and 55 now and then but nothing crazy.

5. Let me first say. I LOVE do'en burnouts! Let me also say, I don't like the burnout contest! I hate to see a Rod or any {car} tortured in those stupid contest. Where they just smoke the tires, and go nowhere. But ever since I first started driving I loved doing burnouts, and banging the gears. I guess I'll never grow up. But you asked for a picture. Hum, I didn't realized I don't have even one picture of probably thousands that I've done. I'll see if I can get someone to take a picture for me. Would be a COOL Photo! I'll never grow up, as long as it's FUN! Still just a kid!!!:) RON.....

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  6. 2935ford

2935ford

I don't have that kind of money to waste! :)

7. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never understood "Burnout Contests". Of course, I don't understand "Demolition Derbys", either, but that's just me.

8. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I need to dig them up. A few years back a photographer friend asked to do some shots of my unibody. Got some neat shots. I took along a set of spare tires. Found a empty parking garage and filled the 3rd floor of it with smoke. A bunch of those shots ended up on facebook and still every now and then I see some site sharing a pic of my truck punishing its driveline and wasting a pair of tires

9. HOLY CRAP! This place is going down the shitter. Burn outs are a no-no! What's next, HP? Loud exhaust? 4 Speeds?
    A few from Cecil County Dragway. (yeah I know, its at a track and not mine:(. a burn out is a burn out and I enjoy them)[/ATTACH] IMG_2897.JPG IMG_2912.JPG IMG_2902.JPG

Attached Files:

10. X-cpe

X-cpe

Don't do burnouts as a general rule, but will chirp 'em on occasion and steer with the throttle once in a while.

3340, HOTRODPRIMER and 3W JOHN like this.
  11. A picture or it didn't happen. So this is me doing a burn out in my Vette and Delivery. 20200213_161400.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Racecar at strip, yes. Hotrod, no.

13. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

14. Hren59

Hren59

15. Need the Roach Rod donut burnout that SamIyam did several years ago. Anybody have the link?

Sent from dumb operator on a smart phone

HOTRODPRIMER and 3W JOHN like this.
  16. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

17. 1934coupe

1934coupe

In the street in front of work w/ 9" Goodyear slicks. 2nd picture w/ bias belted tires. Both around 1972.

Pat

PS no line lock either!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    slayer, WC145, akoutlaw and 9 others like this.
  18. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I guess I work a little too hard for my money for burnouts but you are welcome to have right at it.

19. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

When it comes to burnout contests, NOBODY can hold a candle to the Aussies.

20. pnevells

pnevells

every pass on a drag car shaker2019bsd12.jpg

21. Man, what happened to all the reprobates here? o_O

My old beater don't have the power for a big smoky burnout but Ido spin a tie every now and then. HRP

wicarnut, deadbeat, WC145 and 8 others like this.
  22. raven

raven

I know what you mean, it’s like they all are content to ‘own’ a ‘hot rod’ but not drive it like it’s supposed to be driven... like a hot rod. Man, you bunch of old geezers. I’m pretty close to attaining 60, but have been going faster nearly every year in my hot rod. There’s still more live left in me and much more speed to be tuned into my roadster yet.
    That being said, I sadly don’t have a picture of my roadster doing a burnout...
    But that doesn’t stop me...
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

WC145, Hombre, dan31 and 13 others like this.
  23. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

I love the smell of burning rubber (tires) and like Ron, I don’t plan on growing up. Back in '97/98, I was coming out of an Advance Auto Store, smoking my tires on my not stock Flathead powered 50 Ford Sedan. At the same time a Sheriff's Deputy was turning off the main highway in an unmarked car. His lights came on and I pulled over. I told him that was stupid of me, he responded, "Did it feel good." I said yes and he said, "Be careful and have a good evening." Joe told me later that he figured I was some young kid, but I was just a year younger than him.

In 2000, when Joe got cancer, myself and some others did a car show to raise money to help him and his family. First time I saw him after he pulled me over was in 2001. I had joined a Kiwanis club that he was a member of. We became best friends and I helped him find a '57 Chevy. I could just take him with my 50 until we dropped a 327 in his 57. My 302 powered 1950 F1 could pretty much stay with him, at least to about 75. Joe refused to grow up as well. We're lucky we never got caught street racing. I miss Joe, he passed 4 years ago on February 9th.

I was in the right place at the right time that night doing my burnout. I met a great friend that I'll never forget.

Driver50x, WC145, Budget36 and 16 others like this.
  24. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

25. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

I know Nothing'k
    Jesse Coot's hardcore happening a few years back when the fun was in the streets... Lil one two shift

26. Harv

Harv
    from Sydney

HOTRODPRIMER, 3W JOHN, Deuces and 4 others like this.
  27. Nice story @55 Ford Gasser, sorry to hear he passed away. Sounds like he had some really good friends.

28. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

Don’t believe anyone who says we do it, we’re all way to uptight and square as square can be to indulge in anything like that, trust me im Australian. (The featured car should be kosher)

282doorUK, deadbeat, WC145 and 18 others like this.
  29. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

[​IMG]
    Practice burnouts after adding the line lock, in my friend’s driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I used to every chance I got, now maybe once or twice a year if I'm feeling up to it.