Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 2 door 150 handyman

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 17, 2019.

1. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

loudbang likes this.
  2. Being on my third marriage i have given up so much of my shit that i don't even count anymore lol. give me grief, over the cliff you go!! :D:D:D

Baron, scotty t, hotrodjack33 and 2 others like this.
  3. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LMAO, That's funnier than hell...may help in explaining the 3X though...:D

scotty t and loudbang like this.
  4. Man i just don't deal with drama well. If a wasp comes after you, you get away from it. I'm the same way with women. To many of them to deal with one that has a stinger lol

bchctybob, Baron, 427 sleeper and 3 others like this.
  5. Gman0046

Gman0046

The reason they make those tiny steering wheels is so you can still drive with hand cuffs on. Definitely not my cup of tea.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  6. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I guess I just got lucky. My goal was to find the hottest chick I could find, that I could convince (bullshit) that I was a catch...SUCCESS. Of course her goal was to bring me up to her "level"...but after 37 years, I've managed to drag her down to mine.:D

7. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Haven't had any cuffs on in quite some time and hopefully not anytime soon. They are definitely for looks over functionality. Lloyd's isn't nearly as bad as mine though.

loudbang likes this.
  8. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Hopefully when I need some paint on my Pontiac or just want to come by for a visit you won't want to get away from this W.A.S.P. ;)

scotty t and loudbang like this.
  9. No sir, you're always welcome at Lloyd's auto body and glass :D why go some where else and get ripped off? Come see me first o_O uh, well you know what i meant :D

10. Searched this place over for some screen wire and expanding foam to fix some rust, but i must have used it all!!! Guess that means I've been busy around here! Took a few minutes away from the other jobs in here to show my car some love... good enough for the crowd i run with :cool: Screenshot_20200217-141805_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200217-141827_Gallery.jpg

tb33anda3rd and loudbang like this.
  11. Other side in progress.... Screenshot_20200217-141810_Gallery.jpg

12. Nice patching Lloyd! I used USC "all metal filler" to finish a similar repair off. Like bondo in some ways but it looks dark gray and is much harder with less shrinkage. A pain to sand cause it's real hard but seems to shrink less than filler. I think it has alot of aluminum powder in it.

loudbang likes this.
  13. I use all metal occasionally but I'm a rage gold kinda guy lol. I like the way it sands. Wait, what? Hell I hate sanding!! I don't care what it is :D :D:D

bchctybob, loudbang and Baron like this.
  14. My preferred method is to drop it off at the body shop!

15. And leave a signed check, I'll fill in the amount ;)

16. Ok Earl..............................Scheib:D

17. Lol you're funny man

loudbang and scotty t like this.
  18. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

My Buddys pickup was made out of spray foam. It got him an inspection sticker.:rolleyes:

loudbang and hotrodjack33 like this.
  19. I guess i could've used newspapers to fill the hole, but you don't get near the adhesion as you do with the screen wire. Lmao!! I'm just kidding ;)

loudbang and hotrodjack33 like this.
  20. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Yeah but using a razor to shape the spray foam works great. lol.

loudbang likes this.
  21. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Here's the screen/bondo job I did on the Wife's rocker panels so she could get a sticker.:rolleyes: Yikes! IMG_1880.jpg

22. You can even use a grinder!

loudbang and Stephen Barrett like this.
  23. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My Dad would mix up some bondo, smash & work a big wad of steel wool into it, Lift it out with needlenose pliers and jamb it into a rust hole. Let it set up and bodywork over it. He WASN"T a body man

loudbang likes this.
  24. I've seen a lot of older guys tricks brother, one fella would sweep up his shavings from using the cheese file and mix them with his filler o_O Then spread it about an inch thick on some masking paper and slap it over the rust hole. Wait for the filler to start setting up and peel the paper off. Grind the bulk away and start sanding lol. Doesn't take much longer to give it a half ass effort in my opinion lol

loudbang likes this.
  25. raymay

raymay

Bought a mid 60's Malibu driver Wagon in Michigan several years ago. I have been doing a 2dr Nomad style conversion on it. Ended up replacing the left rear corner of the quarter after I found they used diamond mesh and lots of bondo to fix a dent. I also replaced the spare tire well that was reinforced with some aluminum flashing, duct tape and roofing tar. Still happy with the purchase and even happier now that I know the repairs are done right.

26. I would love to see pics of that. If it’s not appropriate for this site would you please pm me a pic?

27. It’s gonna be real cool!

loudbang likes this.
  28. Got some run channel for my doors, $32 and free shipping from northern Ky street rods for 8'. Good price. 20200313_180521.jpg

chryslerfan55, loudbang and scotty t like this.
  29. So I figured I'd better start cutting the door glass.... 20200313_174019.jpg 20200313_175055.jpg

chryslerfan55, loudbang and scotty t like this.