Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 2 door 150 handyman

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Thanks man :D

loudbang likes this.
  2. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sweeeettt!!!! :cool:

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  3. The swap meet is coming up, I'll get my run channel for the door glass and get that done. Hope to find a better front splash pan there also.

loudbang and 427 sleeper like this.
  4. Steering wheel. Went with the blue. Can't find the center cap but I will, it's here somewhere :rolleyes: 20200213_162708.jpg

5. Does this go in the 57? It was laying in the car when i bought it. I assumed it was the wiper switch, but as i was cleaning it up, i took the bezel to the car and it doesn't fit the dash. So now I'm at a loss.... 20200213_183404.jpg

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. Vacuum wiper switch, bezel may be for another position in dash, people mix them up.

loudbang likes this.
  7. Ok thanks dude, I'll pitch the bezel in the box and use the washer that's in it.

8. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Shortening the column and placing the steering wheel closer to the dash is a smart move for us guys with "Expanding Guy Syndrome" :p

9. Have they found a cure yet? I don't know how much longer I can hold out lol

10. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah Lloyd, they found a pharmaceutical cure for it...but the drug company went "belly up":(

11. We're doomed Jack :confused:

12. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL That's one of the reasons I traded my '32 for the '36 Cabriolet. I retired and all of a sudden I didn't quite fit in it comfortably any more:(

loudbang likes this.
  13. It's the reason that i now have a station wagon lol. For 30 years I've built mainly Model A's for myself. But with the back deteriorating, and at 6'4"and 300lbs, it just doesn't work anymore :rolleyes:

14. Tri-fives are roomy! Don’t even try to get in a first gen vette with the top on.

15. Lmao! Is that a challenge? Bet we can both get in there if we're drunk!

16. It would take a full tube of grease:D

hotrodjack33 and loudbang like this.
  17. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Gee Lloyd.That`s not a height or weight problem.One of my cousins stands 6"11 and goes 300lb.He is a retired DEA agent.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

18. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Looks great Lloyd. You might want to make a removable dash pad in blue that matches the steering wheel because at night the white reflecting off the windshield can be over powering. I wanted to do mine in white but opted not because of this.

19. Gman0046

Gman0046

I guess that small steering wheel has a lot to do with the "expanding guy syndrome". Whats the size of that wheel?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    hotrodjack33 and loudbang like this.
  20. It's low gloss because of the reflection. Actually satin white.

21. 11", the car has PS, Don't need that huge steering wheel.

loudbang and Stephen Barrett like this.
  22. Happy Valentine's Day punks :D 20200214_125938.jpg

23. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Hope the satin helps. You may still have a strong refection. Love the look though.

loudbang likes this.
  24. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

I'm not expanding to much but what kind of syndrome do you think caused me to get this.:cool: "My Big 10 inch"lol.;) IMG_0446.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  25. That's true man, gotta give up something just to make it look cool :D I'll go crazy striping the dash in a few days. Then I'll be able to look at the reflection in the windshield ;)

loudbang likes this.
  26. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Don't sweat it. I've given up more things than I can count just to look cool.:cool: I've got big problems in that department.:D

loudbang likes this.
  27. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Funny...but a real bad idea. She would divorce you and get 1/2 your stuff:(. Then she would get one of those "injury lawyers" and get the other 1/2 of your shit:(.
    Rational thinking like this has kept me from kicking Bonnie off any cliffs...so far;)

427 sleeper likes this.