Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Beware of Ross Racing Engines!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vern 1963, Feb 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hombre

Hombre

I will be the first to say "Thanks Tony" for at least taking the time to come on and tell the other side of this story. Trust me just about everyone was waiting for you to do that.

I sincerely hope this now comes to an end. Both side's have been heard from, no one and I mean no one on this board has a stake in these two guys fight.

Vern you sir have had your say, it sure sounds like a raw deal at least from the time frame alone, now if this goes any farther it should be between you and Tony. No reason for the HAMB to pay a price that none of us had a damn thing to do with. Take it private would for sure be the advice I would give both of you guys.

2. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No "sorry you weren't happy", No "what can we do to make this right"...Not even a "let's talk about it". Just sounded like a shit load of Bad Attitude to me:mad:

3. Vern 1963

Vern 1963
    from Virginia

Proof is in the pudding! I have no idea first of all what you are even talking about when you are referring to as using the block referencing as a 57-58. This was never mentioned in any conversations we had nor was EARLY 394 on the build sheet and second what are you talking about changed induction? What was the other induction suppose to be? You knew very well what this engine was going in. We can all talk about business and of course if we all had a business that didn’t have a slow down sometime in any given year then count yourself lucky. Never did you hear me say anything about not being able to pay for it!! You have a problem and it consists of not being able to tell the truth!! Answer this then since you quoted me a higher HP engine with a different induction that would have made more HP then wouldn’t my final cost have been less being I got less HP? This is all new news to me!! Here’s you another one!! You’re saying we talked throughout this whole time and you was worried about your money but yet you had $6500 of my money and was calling and wanting more money from me but you were still worried about your money!! Come on Tony!! You can do better than this! I had to make you send me a letter of guarantee that you would have the engine but you was worried about your money!!! I don’t think so!! We are talking 6 years Tony!!! Here I’ll post the letter of guarantee as well and they can match the date up to the invoice and see who’s right and who’s wrong. Bring out your paper work Tony! You’re the business man! Where’s all the dates I called you and what we discussed!! I have them documented! Let’s talk about the complete engine part as well Tony! You see those are irrelevant when then engine is completely wrong. Now tell me again about your pride is in quality! Please tell more Tony!! Please!!
    Tony could you please inform us about your spec/dyno packet that you don’t give anybody!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  4. Vern 1963

Vern 1963
    from Virginia

5. Vern 1963

Vern 1963
    from Virginia

I promise that is all you will get from him!! I have nothing to gain but there’s plenty of people that can stand a chance of losing just like I did!

6. Vern 1963

Vern 1963
    from Virginia

No disrespect to you Sir but would you not agree if this post saved one person from going down the road I have that this post is worthy of its space on the H.A.M.B. If nothing else just to show people that aren’t as knowledgeable as others when dealing with items such as this that we need to do so through an ESCROW ACCOUNT!!!

7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is a silver lining here in that that engine I suspect will perform incredibly well...so I suspect despite it being incorrect to the year of your ride it would perform as long as it would fit...

Obviously these engines are very much sought in our community so if period correct is what you want you could sell or swap it for exactly what your looking for perhaps at a loss but leaving you with a fair chunk of change in your hand to use as I describe below...

This was one of those timely things that is not completely foreign in Hotrod/ Custom...Efficiencies in small business can vary a lot...to the point of creating what you experienced...

I have no idea what a rebuilt engine matching your application goes for but perhaps you can achieve your goal through some furthur wheeling and dealing as it seems your against this mismatch despite the displacement being achieved through internal mods...

What I'm trying to say as difficult as this is is you have a marketable built engine so it was not totally a washout...

Hope it all comes together at the end of the day...

8. Vern 1963

Vern 1963
    from Virginia

Thank you kindly! I really appreciate the positive thoughts. I wouldn’t have had a problem using the engine even though it’s the wrong era but nothing will work from my car. The pulley system is different so my ps/alt and such won’t work. Neither will the TV rod linkage for the Slim Jim trans due to location of carb. I’ve tried to make this work for my dad’s sake but it ain’t happening with the engine/trans/ and parts that I have.

VANDENPLAS and Stogy like this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I mean these in most cases in Hotrod it's a total mismatch at every step of the way and mods are just part of the game...in your case you wanted a drop in correct engine with 63 preferred which may have been several years actually albiet I am assuming...

Regarding your install issues at least you have the engine now to make your moves...and I hope for a more timely turnaround this time...

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  10. Vern 1963

Vern 1963
    from Virginia

Yes I was looking for a direct drop in. I’m not into running down parts to convert or change this car. I’ll do an LS swap before I try running parts down for that engine to fit the car.

VANDENPLAS and Stogy like this.
  11. Vern 1963

Vern 1963
    from Virginia

My curiosity is aroused! Now that I think about it I don’t ever recall seeing a Ross UHC 394 later model with aluminum heads. Could this be the whole problem? Does anybody know of one? Does he have an aluminum head for that engine? If I’m understanding him correctly he used the early block to be able to use better modern non offshore bearings, SO does this mean the bearings was the only reason for using that block and if the bearings are so bad for the later block that he can’t get “non offshore” bearings for then why is he building and selling them. I’m still trying to make sense of all this myself! So many questions that he leaves open!!

Dan_Sedan28, Old wolf and VANDENPLAS like this.
  12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I don't want to be in the middle of this, so I am keeping this thread open. Closing it makes it appear that we are taking sides.

However, if you people without skin in the game make threats and start posting stupid stuff, I'll have sufficient motive to close without feeling like I'm taking a side.

Be adults and help each other out.

hrm2k, duncan, ottoman and 27 others like this.
  13. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

King ford likes this.
  14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

OK... I tried... I just can't stomach to host this kind of stuff... I think this place has done its part in letting both sides speak. I think that's enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.