Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 2 door 150 handyman

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 17, 2019.

1. You fellas are welcome to be yourself around me :D I love all of you, you're my people;) I'd share my moonshine with ya, but i prefer the astroglide, you can park a Cadillac in a doghouse with that stuff.....

2. Me railroad? Hell no brother, I'm on the rig myself! Come August I'll have 4 years left :D 20170417_082227.jpg

3. [​IMG]
    Hmmm.
    All this time I thought we were supposed to actually eat more possum..

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Damn that looks good! Mmmmmmmmm!

5. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

I didn't help. Sorry Lloyd. I don't have a filter. I always seem to take it to the next level. Funny thing is I'm usually holding back. The hazards of having a twisted mind.

6. I have one of them twisted minds myself :( But it keeps things interesting :D

7. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

I here ya. I just don't want to see your thread get so off topic that it gets deleted or something. Maybe a couple more pics of what's going on with your Chevy might be a good idea right about now. I could be wrong and I hope I am.:)

8. Nothing going on with the Chevy, just got back from the hospital. Be back at it tmrw. Recovering this evening. And it's all good.

loudbang and Stephen Barrett like this.
  9. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

COOL PIC !!!

Hospital ? Hope it wasn't "shine" related:(

Seriously though. Thank You for your service my friend.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  10. Had the colonoscopy today :rolleyes: Chilling out for the evening, back to building cars tmrw. Thanks Jack :D

11. loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. Yeah Big E makes everybody look little lol

13. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

:cool:

14. I did figure out that i screwed up when i shortened the steering column that i put in the car, it was apparent when i tried to fit the gauge cluster :rolleyes: now i get to modify the cluster to fit the column. The knee bone's connected to the shin bone kinda thing i guess....

loudbang, scotty t and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

It looks like it won't be to hard to modify the cluster. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting it to fit. Good luck. Looking forward to see how it comes out.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  16. Dash cluster modification engaged..... 20200212_113251.jpg 20200212_112201.jpg

17. The purists will cringe!:D

loudbang likes this.
  18. The purist should be over on the restoration forums Haha! This is a pure custom installation ;) stock sucks

19. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

20. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

So, I'm guessing you shortened the column a bit too much and the shift collar interfered with the bottom of the cluster. Am I close?

21. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

22. Yeah, I'm not 100% sure what the column came out of, but with the power steering box so close to the firewall it pushed the column inside to far, so my bright idea was to shorten it, not knowing a thing about how the 57 gauge cluster fit with the column 20200212_200830.jpg lol. Figured it out real quick, but it's all good now. Just need a white steering wheel and im good to go! :D oh and a dash clock? Or a big sticker to cover that hole lol

23. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hell, just go on Egay and see if you can find a delete plate for the clock. :cool:

loudbang and scotty t like this.
  24. Glove box door needed some love..... 20200212_202629.jpg

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  25. Buddy just left, said he thinks that he has a clock, but if not I'll check into that delete plate ;)