Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Model T Snowmobile Meet 2020 (some A's too)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guitarguy, Feb 4, 2020.

1. guitarguy

guitarguy

I know this might fall just a smidge outside the main focus of this forum, but some people have found ways to enjoy their rides year round and I though you might like to see that. So we lucked out on the weather big time again this year and had a great meet in Forestport NY, (north of Utica, NY) on Saturday, February 1. We were hosted by a local modern snowmobile club, and we all had a great day and a great dinner banquet afterwards. Hope you enjoy these photos.

Model T Ford Snowmobile meet 2020 1.1.jpg Model T Ford Snowmobile meet 2020 2.1.jpg Model T Ford Snowmobile meet 2020 3.1.jpg Model T Ford Snowmobile meet 2020 4.1.jpg Model T Ford Snowmobile meet 2020 5.1.jpg Model T Ford Snowmobile meet 2020 6.1.jpg Model T Ford Snowmobile meet 2020 7.1.jpg Model T Ford Snowmobile meet 2020 8.1.jpg Model T Ford Snowmobile meet 2020 9.1.jpg Model T Ford Snowmobile meet 2020 10.1.jpg Model T Ford Snowmobile meet 2020 11.1.jpg Model T Ford Snowmobile meet 2020 12.1.jpg

2. wished I had knew about it before.
    thanks for the photos!

Deuces likes this.
  3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Those are pretty cool!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    Deuces likes this.
  4. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Have them in Minnesota as well. Good fun.

Deuces likes this.

5. That’s just beyond cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing

Deuces likes this.
  6. Thanks for posting.

Deuces likes this.
  7. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for sharing!

Deuces likes this.
  8. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

I made it out. First time seeing these things in person. Very cool! Some of these guys weren't afraid to get them sideways haha.

I snapped a pic of this gem stuffed in the corner.
    20200201_134153.jpg 20200201_134140.jpg

Did you have a rig there?

9. I see what you did there. ;)

10. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Ha
    About the time I hit the post button I saw it too and was gonna change it but decided to just leave it and have some fun with it.
    Hey Dean, I bet that Henry RPU got your attention, I wonder if Marty saw it yet.

Dean Lowe likes this.
  11. guitarguy

guitarguy

I sure did. But the tires and chains keep me going from where those guys can go with tracks.

upload_2020-2-5_6-13-36.png

12. guitarguy

guitarguy

I saw that pull in, I never had a chance to go look at it. I spent the majority of the day answering questions about my ride. I didn't get as many people out on mine as I would have liked, but those that went enjoyed it.

Driver50x likes this.
  13. Ziggster

Ziggster

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

great event - fun stuff - pic of a Cousin 20191218_170837.jpg

tractorguy, Dean Lowe and alfin32 like this.
  15. v8flat44

v8flat44

Just love this stuf. Not sure, but one of those may have been used to haul ice shanties around the Lake Erie islands in the 50s. Many As & Ts are on the bottom out there....memories from childhood. There were a ton of fendered cars on Put-In-Bay including Packard & Cadi touring cars.....where are they now????
    Thanks !!!!!

tractorguy likes this.
  16. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

No way. Yours was a crowd favorite! When we left my buddy immediately started looking for a doodlebug haha

17. I wish my red RPU would have been that nice when we started on it.

18. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

T's on Skis!
    I've seen a couple at the antique snowmobile meet in Waconia, MN. Looks like a whole buncha fun!

19. I thought that there was someone in New Hampshire or Maine that makes these kits.

20. Nice assembly of cold rods there.
    Did Ford sell these kits?

21. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Man o man! I wish this was closer! So awesome

22. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

There is. He was there. I took his card, now i cant find it.

New Hampshire

23. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Looks like a super cold super fun time!

24. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg Thanks, saw this on in Ct.

25. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I see Big Cheese in there. Dave is a great guy. Looks like fun!!!

Bigcheese327 likes this.
  26. 50John

50John
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those are great. Thanks for sharing. Do most convert them with tires for summer use or get them out only in the winter?

27. leon bee

leon bee

That one photo has to go, but I love the looks of that scene there. And I hope to Jeezus I never again have to live somewhere I could use one of those vehicles.

28. guitarguy

guitarguy

@50John Some of the do convert back. My buddy with the red cab, black fendered pickup converts his back for road use. I take the skis of my doodlebug and put the front wheels on and use it to do various jobs around the house. Others do the same, but some do stay set up as a snowmobile all year long. It does take a bit of time to get the tracks and bogie wheels all set up and on there.

@flatheadpete Yup, @Bigcheese327 was on the job. He lives not terribly far from me and we texted about him coming to the event for some coverage. Great guy with a huge amount of knowledge. I wish I knew a 1/4 of what he did.

@rust runner @hillbilly4008 Here is the link: https://nhsnocar.myshopify.com/

That stupid little machine always gets so much attention. I can never hardly believe it. And as I mentioned above, I spent almost the entire day talking to people about it. It's just crazy sometimes. And when i showed up for the first time last year with it, people within the club lost their minds. I do have alot of fun with it, but it is not a deep snow type of machine like a true snowmobile kit is. I only need 2 to 4 inches of snow and I'm good.

Doodlebugs have gone up sharply in prices. I got super lucky, the guy I bought it from wasnt using it and just wanted to find it a good home and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I also made a 12 hour round trip to get it out near Jamestown, NY. The guy I bought it from bought it just for the engine for his daily driven coupe. But I got to tell you, the engine from that coupe runs pretty darn well still. He bought it from an old farmer that made it so many years ago. It wasn't very much when I started, and extremely cobbled together. I just spent some cubic dollars on it and have been refining it for the past 6 years. I put it to work regularly around my house.

Bigcheese327 and flatheadpete like this.
  29. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

I see it has a plow mount. Ya ever plow with the skis on it? Curious how that would work out for ya...

30. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

This is the fella. I talked to him for quite a while. The whole thing was a blast! Sorry I missed meeting you @hillbilly4008 !