Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Famous top of the chart Hot Rods and Customs.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Feb 3, 2020.

1. lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. 34Larry

34Larry

upload_2020-2-4_8-36-11.jpeg upload_2020-2-4_8-36-47.jpeg

O &K I really dug this '54 also in the day, and still do. I was in one also at the time, stock body, split manifold on little 235 with the most wicked pipes ever heard. Red with white top and rear fender insert. A real cheery little ride. I was serving in the AF at the time in Wichita, brought my first daughter home in it when she was born. I have the large poster of it from Rodders Journal adorning a spot out in the shop. Good choice.

1morecarIpromise! and Just Gary like this.
  3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Boy, what I'd give to have a time machine Brian, born in the wrong part of the country to have witnessed that car but followed it in the magazines.
    I did get to help a friend when he campaigned a 2x4 66 street hemi Belvedere sedan in division six S/S in the early 70's.
    That thing was an animal!

racer-x likes this.
  4. Great car but tough to bid on a car that no longer exists.:D

Just for Larry I would bid on the Aztec.:eek:;)

Hot Rods Ta Hell likes this.
  5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Larry, I've already filled the garage (shop) space.
    I just need to finish the three of them!

1morecarIpromise! likes this.
  6. 34Larry

34Larry

And if ya needed help driving it back home, I'd be right over. LOL:rolleyes::D

K13 likes this.
  7. 34Larry

34Larry

So DDD it sounds like you need to stop with the metal work and start cutt'n up wood to add to the storage and shop space.

8. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

As much as I admire many of the cars that have been brought up in this thread, they will always be the original creators cars.
    That said, My cars are an extension of me!
    They reflect my style and taste, they are not perfect or world renown, but they are mine!
    To own one of those cars, would carry too much responsibility!
    Just my thoughts.
    KK

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    INVISIBLEKID likes this.
  9. sweetdick2

sweetdick2
    from new jersey

10. flatford39

flatford39

Thank you....I can look at that car for hours on end. It's just perfect.

11. Hmm....Hirohata Merc, Sam Barris Merc, 554 Sharp Coupe, and of course, most of Ed Roths cars.

13. 34Larry

34Larry

When posting this I said my choice is the Lil Coffin and it is but there is '40 Ford here in Olympia that I'd really pursue to the very end. Not a nationally known car, I have never seen it in and publications although it should be or should have been. I have posted it in Straykats thread. I actually think I'd pick it over the Coffin because I really don't have the desire to be caretaker of something as big as it is in the rodders world. Still and all the coffin is tops on my list, I'd just have to admire it from afar.
    Here's the '40. These are pic's of pic's I've taken at a private car show. I did find the owner a while back and offered to buy if he was in the market. No deal. All I know about the car is that it was built in the 60's in Tacoma. Maybe some HAMBER can give out some info on it. 40-6.jpg 40-7.jpg 40-4.jpg 40-5.jpg

1morecarIpromise! and williebill like this.
  14. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

For me it would be the California Kid built by the late Pete Chapouris.

15. Maybe one of these in front of my grandpa Brocchini's shop.....or great grandpa's 1935 Chevy Standard off to the side....
    his 37 with hydro at shop.jpg under constru same shop 1956.jpg

16. Hell Larry, I'd buy your car :D

17. 34Larry

34Larry

So on the 40 I posted. Any info from some of you PNW guys about the history of this masterpiece ???? :D

18. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

Good choice Brian.
    There is no doubt that MoPar was (is) one mean piece, one of the few non FoMoCo cars that turns my crank. I saw it a few years ago at the motorama at Cobo center, it looked very innocent just sitting there but I could only picture it lined up against Jack Roush’s Mustang II late at night somewhere on Woodward.

19. [​IMG]
    Dan Glovers' mid engine '57 210

20. 34Larry

34Larry

This one to the left is the 48 Buick sedanet I was working on when I found my 34. Bought in an auction at Puyallup Corvette & High performance swap meet. 73 Caprice drive train including the frame, lowered, wires, worn out 350. If I could have just one back of all I've bought and sold in my life this is the one.( x's10):( I had (3) then and only room for (2), My full show 66 Rivi and now the 34 so to keep it out of the elements I had to sell. Stock interior like show room new, all trim needed repaired. (pitting). Take it and my new bride at the time, to a car show, I'd be out gawking, come back and she would be asleep in the back seat, it was huge. I'd lay 10 to one odds that many a little person came to being in old back seats.
    It came up on craigs list once after I sold it and I called. $35,000 says he, not me says me. Then It was in the Seattle roadster show around that time also.
    There was some work done on it after selling it most of what I what I was getting after when selling. Frenched headlights, new front bumper, (but I loved that stock one and planed on retaining it), and skirts (YUCK), and the lakes pipes (2 x's YUCK) Why the visor was shit bringle brown I don't know it was the pale yellow like the rest of the car. Oh, and the dual spots had been added. The steering box needed replaced, I assume they did that also.

48 Buik.jpg Buick 3.jpg

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    1morecarIpromise! likes this.
  21. I relate to what your saying, as far as a nationally know rod/custom I would love to have the X51 or Orange Crate (love the well know NW built cars) but as a kid I always wanted to get Taboo back into the family. While its not super famous nationally, it was just the coolest custom i have ever seen, plus the connection to my grandfather helped too. I still kind of find it hard to believe to go out in the shop and see that car sitting there to this day.

22. 34Larry

34Larry

Well Taboo I have been around longer than dirt and have seen your 55 accouple of times. Very nicely done '55. (Being around longer than dirt, my drivers ed. in 1955 was in a brand new 1955 Chev two door post.
    Nice that some one you age has taken up the call. Old farts like me feel good about that and hold out hope that when the lights stop shining for us you kids will take up the torch:D