Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods How is the Hot Rod Scene in Nashville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WiredSpider, Feb 1, 2020.

1. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

I might be moving to Nashville area.
    How is the Hot Rod scene?
    Shows,cruises,swapmeets etc?
    Thanks

2. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow,Big jump!Wishin you well wherever you land.

3. I am 50 miles East of Nashville.
    You will like the area,,,maybe not Nashville proper,,,,but the region here is great .
    Most guys from the sports teams never leave.
    It depends on your lifestyle,,,,,and what you are interested in .
    There are definitely a lot of car guys in middle Tennessee,,,of all makes and sizes.

Tommy

4. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Cat in the city.."MEOW"
    Cat in Nashville.."MEOWDY"

5. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Tommy.thanks for the reply.
    No interest in sports,just hot rods,mid century architecture and furniture.
    At least the music scene should be good

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  6. lcfman

lcfman
    from tn

A good car culture in Middle Tennessee. Lots of cruise ins, car shows and builders. Nashville swap meet this week end is one of the best in the mid south.

7. Spider,
    Yeah,,,me neither,,,I was always a car guy .

Tommy

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

" a little bit Country, a little bit Rock'n'Roll"

9. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

We just relocated to west Tennessee from Nor Cal. Love it here. Highly recommend it.

10. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Where in west Tennessee?
    I,m looking around Clarksville and Green Brier

11. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

We are in Henderson, just south of Jackson. Jackson is just about midway between Memphis and Nashville.

12. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Clarksville is a military town. A friend here lived there when he first moved from California, hated it. Keep me posted on your move.

13. Gnater

Gnater

NSRA south 2 hours east in Knoxville 5/1-5/3, worth the drive.

14. My daughter spent 5 years there with a history degree in architectural restoration and restored mid century furniture as a hobby. She would load up with furniture she bought for cheap here in Buffalo,NY, restore it and make a nice profit there, the market for it there is hot and it brings some big bucks, housing is going nuts too.
    She had enough of Nashville itself and moved to Charlotte for the past 3 yrs and is looking to move again to maybe Ashville,NC.

15. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

16. mopacltd

mopacltd

Spider, a little warning. Them Tennesseeian's don't take kindly to California politics. They seem to have a habit of taking them into the hills and the imports don't seem to be seen again!

TagMan, stubbsrodandcustom and earleg like this.
  17. lcfman

lcfman
    from tn

Not all of us oppose California politics. I being one. The state is heavy so called conservative what ever that means this days.

18. friend of mine just moved out of Nashville and doesnt recommend living in the city.
    Nashville is experiencing growing pains
    hard to beat the surrounding area

19. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Thanks for the responses.
    I don,t want to live in the city.
    I,d rather have some space,no neighbors and be able to get to the city if I need to

Hombre likes this.
  20. Hombre

Hombre

There is a lot going on with the car scene in Tennessee and Northern Alabama. Nashville is a place I really like to avoid if at all possible, mainly because of the terrible traffic problems, other than that it is a cool place to visit. Since you want to be more rural you should be fine but there is one thing you really need to know about Tennessee. Every little town you approach is a damn speed trap. The 30 MPH speed limit is 30 miles before and after every little bitty town. It just wears you out after a time. Other than that Tennessee is a very cool place, great people, the country side is just to kill for, and some great car guys.

21. williebill

williebill

Most of my family was originally from that area, even though I've never lived there. I keep hearing how Nashville is changing, and not in a good way from those still there. Clarksville IS a military town, and all my older relatives had many stories of how bad it became after Fort Campbell came in, and took over a sleepy little town. Crime, etc.
    Lot of people with my last name still in the area. We were in Nashville, St. Bethlehem, Adams, Clarksville. Some of my folks knew the Bell family, of Bell Witch fame. The only speed trap I know is on 24 from Nashville towards Clarksville. Every driver in my family has been caught there. I got stopped by a kid who made Barney Fife look like a badass, a county guy. I was going 3 over......3 mph..

22. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Thanks for the replies
    I,ll scratch Clarksville off the list
    No wonder house prices are cheap there

23. Michael Ottavi

Michael Ottavi

24. lcfman

lcfman
    from tn

Murfreesboro is a great place. A college town with lots of shopping, places to eat and not much crime.

25. Gman0046

Gman0046

Nashville area is in proximity to lots of Hot Rod activity not only in Tennessee but Kentucky as well.

26. williebill

williebill

My daughter went to MTSU in Murfreesboro in the late 90s, early 00s. She liked it, and I do know it's grown a lot in recent years.

27. It all depends on what lifestyle you are looking for.
    Close to a big city,,,or out in the country.
    Several smaller cities allow you to live a few miles out of town,,,,but within a few minutes of anything you want.

Nashville is big,,,no getting around that,,,but anything that you need or desire.

Murfreesboro,,,,about 20 miles or so ,,southeast,,out of Nashville,,right beside I24,,,,a college town,,, lot of stuff,,and within a short distance of Nashville. Sometimes,,,,a bit of crime makes the news there !

Mount Juliet,,,,about 20 miles east of Nashville,,,right off I40,,,,it has grown leaps and bounds last few years,,,,,a lot of people come out of Nashville ,,,and other local areas fro the shopping scene,,,,
    A ton of shopping,,,great eating places,,,,other stuff too .
    A short distance ,,few miles,,,out of the mall area,,,you are in the country almost.

Cookeville,,,,about 80 miles east of Nashville ,,,,a college town,,,,great area,,,lots of places to eat,,,,,,,,it is a very nice ,,peaceful,,place to be .
    Go about 2 miles from the main drag,,,,,you’re in the country,,,again,,,peaceful.
    Still affordable and low crime.

I live in Carthage,,,,50 miles east of Nashville,,,,a little country town,,,small county,,,,but very friendly and easy to get along with . Still,,,not much to do,,,if you want the wild life .

I have worked in Mount Juliet for almost 25 years,,,,seen it grow from a small town,, to the busy mall area,,,and restaurant area it is now.
    My truck could drive itself there every day ,,,LoL.
    My wife should own stock in the local businesses there,,,,,seriously,,,,LoL.

Whatever floats your boat.
    It all depends on what you are looking for .

Tommy

williebill likes this.