Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1957 2 door 150 handyman

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 17, 2019.

1. I'm like Ray Stevens baby! Oh yes they call him the streak :D:cool: FINALLY GOT A COUPLE OF JOBS DONE AND OUTTA HERE!!!! Oh it makes me so happy! Walking past my car, i swear for the past couple of weeks i could hear it crying, wanting me to drink beer and just turn a screwdriver or wrench, well today we're reunited for a couple of days :) pulled that sweet ass Rochester and slung it out in the scrap pile, it's okay, i hummed taps as i walked back in the garage. Special thanks to my new best friend @scotty t i cleaned up the new carb and stuck new needles and seats, and an accelerator pump in it. Cleaned all the circuits in it, and drank a cold beer with a toast to Mr. Scottyt :cool:. Headed to get a stud kit and fuel line. Be back later.... might get on cutting some door glass later this evening :) 20200130_113232.jpg 20200130_125456.jpg

chryslerfan55 and scotty t like this.
  2. That carb looks like sh!t, go buy a new one!

427 sleeper likes this.
  3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Never see it with the hood closed as all hoods should be. Bob

61Cruiser and scotty t like this.
  4. That hurts man, i scrubbed that fucking thing with a toothbrush and lacquer thinner for an hour :rolleyes: i think it's beautiful :D

5. Besides, it'll make this thing go at least 500mph imagegif_0.gif

6. It shines like a diamond in a goats ass.

61Cruiser and 427 sleeper like this.
  7. Yeah maybe, but it's my goat's ass dickhead ;)

61Cruiser, scotty t and 427 sleeper like this.
  8. Didn’t I show you a pic of my goat? I never saw a diamond in its arse.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. I'm gonna have a sale on Mickey Thompson valve covers lol, 3 sets of them here. No freaking baffles in them.

10. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

I love those Edelbrock carbs. They are so easy to work on and work great. I've been using that style carb since they were owned by Carter. I have an original 4 barrel Carter carb on my Catalina. I never had good luck with the smaller Holley's. The big ones are good but the 600s not so much. Glad to see you back on it. Also tell @scotty t to go buy you a new carb if he thinks you need one. He's obviously got the money with his fancy Corvette. lol.;)

11. Yeah I'm more a fan of these carbs, the joke is that scotty gave me this carb :D he's a good cat, when he's asleep :rolleyes:

chryslerfan55, scotty t and 61Cruiser like this.
  12. Well it's running, runs much better now :D can't find a throttle cable bracket in this joint so I'll run and get one in the morning. Time to start sticking the wing glasses in

scotty t likes this.
  13. Nothing like a fresh new rubber o_O 20200130_174124.jpg 20200130_175246.jpg

14. In that first picture your adapter is upside down and backwards.

15. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Oh so he's regifting or just cleaning out his spotless garage.;) I knew it was a joke but now it's even funnier. I guess the jokes on me.:D

16. Reserve a set for me!

17. Spotless!!! Bwahahaha :)

18. The old gas from back in the day did not damage gas tanks like the ethanol (corn gas ) does. The tank in my 55 wagon was good. when I first pulled the drain plug it came out easily it was barely tight. and the tank was bone dry. I fixed a petcock on the drain and drain the gas when Im gonna let it set. Thern start it up and let it idle until it runs out of gas.

19. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

The picture you sent me was pretty spotless. Was that not your garage or are you like me. Clean it up and it's clean for maybe a week.

20. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

One tire mark. For real. IMG_4028.JPG :rolleyes:

catdad49, chryslerfan55 and scotty t like this.
  21. That was the day the sealer dried on the brand new concrete, once in a lifetime picture!! The wife’s scion parks there now.

22. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Yeah. I don't know how that sh!t would be even possible. lol.:D

23. I actually meant to put a post saying "wait for it" lol. I did that trying to be funny :D

scotty t likes this.
  24. A set? You just won all of them!! Like a major award! Congratulations ;)

25. That tire mark was a holeshot he did with that vette :cool:

26. I sold my beautiful 69 vette to pay for a lot of new concrete, I've got to show it some respect for a little while!

27. It says FRAGILE, it must be from France!
    download.jpg

28. Don't ever throw away your old glass, it comes in handy when you need a wing glass! This piece was half of something, don't really remember o_O 20200130_201841.jpg