Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Saw this today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blacknwhitedog, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Stopped into the new gas station that opened up 6 months ago and saw this parked inside. The front brakes are interesting. Car is in Sonoma Ca . Belongs to the station owner but he wasn’t around today. H.A.M.B. member? 53E55DBE-8C7E-4A8C-8E13-479529A3F723.jpeg 6F06917E-977F-4BA3-9984-15A29E12E041.jpeg FD461287-5649-401A-88B8-BAB70699A223.jpeg ACF84219-CA34-407C-A516-00366CC9E26F.jpeg

2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Kinmounts. Johnsons repop them with hidden disc and caliper
    kinmonts 4.jpg kinmonts 3.jpg kinmonts 2.jpg kinmonts 1.jpg

Kinmount1.jpg
    Kinmount2.jpg
    KINMOUNT.jpg

29EHV8, Jalopy Joker, LAROKE and 5 others like this.
  3. Cool. They look good

4. Jokester

Jokester

The front brakes are interesting.

Could be made into a nice looking air cleaner!!!!!!!!!!! HA!

The devil made me do it.

5. flatford39

flatford39

Nice car....but what a shame that there is not one tool in the garage. Not even a crescent wrench or a pair of pliers.

6. My Guess is if he isn’t a Hamber and he owns or built that model A- he has a Hamber trapped inside him

mgtstumpy and Stogy like this.
  7. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had to look up that gas station. It's called Jack's filling station.
    Interesting facts and photos at jacksfillingstation.com
    This place no doubt is going to be a very cool place to hang out !
    I bet it will be a cool check point for rod runs and rally's like the " Lemons's "

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A gas station that has a twist...and that looks a fun inspired Hotrod...

9. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Would be a good garage for beer drinkers tho:D

mgtstumpy likes this.
  10. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

I saw the car at the 2014 HotRod hill climb in Georgetown CO. He was a photographer and had put many miles on the A. Can’t remember his name, but I have an email from him that I should be able to find.

11. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Good Rod & Custom article about the Kinmont brakes. Interesting that the author, in 1973, was gathering parts to make a traditional rod "as many are these days" like it would have been made in 1952.

12. The guy has a nice business write off sitting right there....and from the 1950 Sacramento Autorama entry # 15 kilmont disk books on shelve Sac auto 1950.jpg

Jalopy Joker likes this.
  13. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Nice find in Sonoma. We came in from Bodega Bay on the West coastline. It was one of the most fun drives through the countryside to get to downtown Sonoma. For most, Sonoma and Napa compete against each other for the tourist trade. We had reservations in Calistoga, so we wanted to see the Sonoma area first. The two towns are pretty similar with historic buildings all over the place. Wineries are scattered in a huge area, so pick and chose carefully.

Gee, we missed that new gas station/convenience store by a couple of years. We drove down that main street after we went to the downtown Sonoma historic city location. It was just a small gas station like others in the two cities of Napa and Sonoma. We drove by on our way to explore the Artesa Winery outside of the downtown Sonoma city area. We were going to spend some time exploring more of Napa and our place to stay at Calistoga, CA. They are so close together that visiting all three towns can be done in one day.

Jnaki

Now, that new/old gas station is like an upgraded, but old style, 7 Eleven that fits into the architectural designs of the old towns in the whole county. Preservation and upgrading instead of a tear down and a white blob in its place. Business would be the same as it is on a main road from the Sonoma historic area. But, it is a lot nicer with the hot rod/old car theme to spruce things up a little. It will definitely be a stopover for us the next time on our Sonoma/Napa/ North coast touring trip.

14. manyolcars

manyolcars

I hope HAMBers arent using perforated hanger straps to screw the leather belts onto the hood

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I remember the back end of it from your's or someone else's photos from the event.
    It has that look of a car that has been a hotrod for a long time and maybe got the brakes in a recent upgrade.

16. The brakes on this car aren't Kinmonts. They are the Walden Speed Shop discs with their Kinmont-styled covers. Neither the Johnson or Walden items are "repops" since they're a totally different design of brake.