Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Kid on the Block

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by POLEN3, Jan 26, 2020.

1. POLEN3

POLEN3

Hey guys,
    My name is Austin, I’m 28 years old and have been into traditional hot rods and Kustoms since around 4th or 5th grade as my dad and I always went to shows growing up. It wasn’t until highschool until I went to my first “traditional” car show pre 65 called th “Hunnert Car Pile Up” in Morris Illinois. Since then I’d say it’s changed my life in a way as it’s a passion of mine and as I have an appreciate for all cars... you can’t beat traditional hot rods and Kustoms with a little bit of oldies or rockabilly! IMG_0582.JPG IMG_9357.JPG Adjustments.JPG 4E0E869F-8BA8-4B87-BAAE-A0C7403619B1.jpg

Back in HS my dad and I had a little project car that was a 1953 ford Customline and ended up getting rid of it for a couple reasons but I now recently purchased a really solid 1952 Olds Super 88. I’m in love! Finally a car that I don’t have to build from ground up and I can actually drive it and just make it my own as I go.

My full time job is a custom painter that specializes in professional race helmets and customizing them for nascar, indycar, NHRA guys you name it.. to motorcycles, and of course my favorite.. “Pinstriping” as I still need to stripe the Olds. Came with some already on it, but took it off so I can make it my own.

I’m not as mechanically inclined as I would like to be as i will be learning a lot as I get to know my olds so I apologize in advance if there’s a question that may be easy to answer. Hope you guys enjoy my pics along the way. Thank you for taking the time to read my intro. Looking forward to chatting with everyone! IMG_9399.JPG 59759808868__09D8CB2A-67F0-4642-A779-4519FBBF5BC4.JPG IMG_9721.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

rbrewer, J_J2, thegreenbuzzer and 4 others like this.
  2. cmarcus

cmarcus

3. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Welcome, you have found the right place! The Olds looks to be a good solid runner and you can drive and enjoy it as is. There are too many guys that buy a running, driving project and tear it down for a big rebuild and end up with a bunch of parts that never get put back together. Keep us in the loop and show us some of your paint and striping work.:cool:

4. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Welcome from Indiana!! Glad you joined. I think you’ll find there are some really good folks around here that have the same passion as you! Regards, Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.

5. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Welcome from Detroit. Car looks like a great start. There is lots of help here.

6. Welcome to the HAMB. That's one COOL 88, and great condition. I was born a Hot Rodder too. I wish we lived closer. I think we would have a lot in common. Maybe you could share some history on your Olds survivor? Keep us posted on the progess, and pinstriping. Thanks Ron...........

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    Unique Rustorations likes this.
  7. Welcome aboard! My first car was a 52 Olds. Brings back memories. Keep us in the loop on updates.

8. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

Lookin' good!
    Welcome.

9. POLEN3

POLEN3

I’m from northwest Indiana! Looking forward to hearing from all of you. Thank you

Unique Rustorations likes this.
  10. POLEN3

POLEN3

Thanks guys! Car is in great condition thanks to the man who had it before me Mr Cmarcus himself! Hope to start making it my own slowly but surely! As long as I can talk myself from working on other people’s stuff all the time haha. Here’s some of my stripe work Adjustments.JPG Adjustments.JPG Adjustments.JPG Adjustments.JPG

11. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Cool work

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

12. Andy K

Andy K

Awesome car man and beautiful stripe work. Welcome from South Florida