Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Barrett Jackson Prices Seem Low

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FalconMan, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

Not baggin on the dude at all if he's that good at making money good for him he can spend his money as he pleases. AIN'T no question bout that.

egads likes this.
  2. I know for a fact the new owner will drive the caddy and if I get my way the roof will be repainted.

3. tractorguy

tractorguy

Nice to see mega Honda superdealers John Staluppi and Rick Hendrick doing their best to buy the high $$$$ charity vehicles. Have fun

4. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

After all the threads we've had on here about customs being a matter of taste, I am always surprised at the shade that continues to be thrown their way. This Caddy rocks and I'd be happy to own and drive it.

Squablow, jim snow and anthony myrick like this.
  5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Ditto.

egads and anthony myrick like this.
  6. I often wonder how folks can just discount someone’s tastes just because they are different.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    egads likes this.
  7. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Funniest deal to me was on Sunday - this tired '50 Plymouth notchback two-door sedan that had some Lee Petty "tribute" markings slapped on it and then sat outside for ten years patina-ing itself. Sold for $9750. :D:D:D
    (IIRC, Lee Petty ran a fastback sedan and a business coupe; lighter weight short-wheelbase jobs - not a sedan like that one.)
    [​IMG]
    My boss and his (ahem) boyfriend attend every year - I keep telling him if he wins a bid on a car, give his BF a big kiss on camera so we can watch Craig Jackson's jaw drop :p

RRanchero Rick, nochop and jimmy six like this.
  8. Relax and remind yourself of what started your passion for creating your own version of "car cool". There isn't a price you can put on that and I doubt you worried about what you could make on your project when you were a teen.
    Be a teen again! If I were to tell you what I spent on my 2 airplanes purchase prices, hangar fees/maintenance, and projected sale price you might say I was a big time looser. I put the cars and other "objects de art" in the same category. Several thousand multi-millionaires in a room making investments doesn't bother me a bit. Enjoy your family and "Stuff" !

egads and anthony myrick like this.
  9. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Amen Brother!

INVISIBLEKID likes this.
  10. STICKER SHOCK - The BJ Backup Girl....... STICKER SHOCK.jpeg

11. Uribe

Uribe

If pre war cars are going down on price , than thats a good thing for the younger guys right? Or am i missing somthing. That 32 full fendered ford truck i dream about just may be a reality in the future. Oh yea it would be great if there was less intrest in appleton spotlights too.

Squablow and anthony myrick like this.
  12. 32 engine.jpg 32 ford.jpg
    22k bought this one
    never seen it in person
    looks like a super good start on a hot rod, was it a good price?
    depends on who ya ask i guess. I know the doors are hard to find

Uribe likes this.
  13. Looks like a local truck to me, he wanted quite a bit more for it last summer. You couldn't buy a 500.00 and make it what that one is for the difference.

teach'm and anthony myrick like this.
  14. 22k is a lot of $ for us regular guys, however, if you have priced a buildable cab with doors lately and a clean chassis, that price seems like a bargain. Especially since the last complete 32 truck I have seen was in the 9-10K range.
    If I had a someone wanting me to build them a 32 PU, this would be the perfect start. (if the truck is close to being as clean as it presents itself)

Im like you, if these prices keep correcting themselves, maybe that coupe body will finally become a reality. Just hope Im ready when it does happen.

Squablow likes this.
  15. 32 highboy.jpg 32 roadster.jpg
    the gold one is a Dearborn, runs a flatty and sold for 68k
    the black one is all Henry with a SBC and sold for 79K

maybe the prices were better than we thought, still bargains if you're paying a shop to build ya one.

jim snow likes this.
  16. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Watched one of the BJ auctions about 10-12 years ago. The muscle cars were really bringing in major money at the time, even clones were in the 6 figures. The hemi muscle cars were the big winners. Anyway watching this one auction for a big block convertible Chevelle that had some racing history. I think it was documented to have belonged to Eddie Hill. It sold for 1.3 million and showed the winning bidder. He was sitting down with a drink in one hand and a girl about half his age sitting in his lap. Wonder how he felt about his buy the next morning.

17. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Which buy? The car or the lap cover?

Chrisbcritter and BrandonB like this.
  18. I seen several of these big muscle car collectors selling off their collections lately. Makes me wonder if they think they're seeing the writing on the wall even though they are still bringing good money. I think all it will take is something like a stock market correction and a lot of those guys bidding on $100,000 GTO's and Ford Bronco's will be out with a quickness.

Black Panther and b-body-bob like this.
  19. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don’t think it was even a 69....too many 68 parts. If the title said 69 somebody may have bought a salvage title.

20. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

enough is enough, too much talk and pics of late models... Lets get back to traditional hot rods and customs ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.