Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What body style is this model a sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRod33, Jan 23, 2020.

1. HotRod33

HotRod33

00f0f_fuXz1Hk2AKF_600x450.jpg update. this car is for sale...I went and looked at it .... Check my post farther down..... . whati model a body is this ? It has rounded front doors and a rounded corners on the windshield..like a 32 Ford . But it has a cowl gas tank... I don't think its a Victoria or a slant window..... Thanks Bill

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  2. adam401

adam401

Looks like a 30 31 sedan that had the header/ leading edge of the roof swapped.

WB69, LAROKE, Hnstray and 2 others like this.
  3. flatford39

flatford39

Ford didn't make that body. It is a two door sedan 30 31 but someone has modified it to resemble a deuce. Lots of work....hope they did it well as it actually looks better than what Henry was pushing down the line.

raven, stillrunners and HotRod33 like this.
  4. catdad49

catdad49

Custom by........

OLSKOOL57 and HotRod33 like this.

5. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

That looks so right. I have to imagine it was a lot of work.

WB69 and HotRod33 like this.
  6. Henry never made a Model A with a solid top. So ya, someone with a little Talent fixed it. Also note the drip rail treatment.

HotRod33 likes this.
  7. looks like its chopped as well as the windshield treatment.

Mick

HotRod33 likes this.
  8. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

Nice !!!!!!!!!!’

catdad49 and HotRod33 like this.
  9. HotRod33

HotRod33

Well it's for sale so I'm going to go look at it this weekend... I will see how well it's done.... The gentleman that was building it passed away some time ago and his wife is selling it.... Has the fenders and a grille also has a title... She is asking 5500 dollars...

catdad49 likes this.
  10. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

I'd say it's worth it

HotRod33 likes this.
  11. Roothawg

Roothawg

Now, everyone on the net is looking for it...

HotRod33, catdad49 and lo c dan like this.
  12. catdad49

catdad49

We will be waiting for the updates, take an uninterested friend/observer. Be excited, but be Cool. Happy Hunting, Carp.

HotRod33 likes this.
  13. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

14. JimSibley

JimSibley

That think is cool

HotRod33 likes this.
  15. Desmodromic

Desmodromic

I'm not busy tomorrow. Send me the address and I'll check it out, and give you a comprehensive inspection report.
    ;)

HotRod33 likes this.
  16. HotRod33

HotRod33

Well i went and looked at the car... It has been a long term project that has been thru several owners... the person that did the body did not do the frame... The good.. Body is pretty nice... metal work is good. top is filled with panel out of a van or jeep Cherokee... front header panel is done well... . body is NOT rusty... doors open and close and line up pretty nice... has a new walker radiator .... has a polyethylene 32 gas tank and a fiber glass tank cover.... it has a clear Missouri title ...
    The questionable .... windshield has a piano hinge across the top of it... has a set of fenders that can be salvaged ... The bad ..... the frame is original and has been boxed poorly... has a mopar rear end with crude ladder bars ... has a Chevy V-8 with automatic that have been sitting a long time... has a early 40,s ford front axle ... radius rods and drum brakes ,, all the mounts and brackets are pretty crude .. frame is not something I would use.....or recommend anyone too... I didn't buy .... i have enough projects .... i already have a 30 model A 2 door sedan and was thinking of swapping the body onto my frame and putting my body on that frame and selling it... If anyone is interested the Car is listed on ST Louis craigslist ... auto parts section ... listed as a 1930... just the year... or send me a pm and i can give you the contact info.... Bill

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020