Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features TEN Publishing Cancelled Magazine Refund

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucas doolin, Jan 16, 2020.

1. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got the same cancellation notice and tried many times to get past the phone message. I then tried the email system and asked for a refund instead of the online deal. After 4 or 5 days I got a return email.

The email stated that they would send me a refund on my credit card for my year of Street Rodder that was not going to come. Nothing on the credit card yet. And I'm not holding my breath.

2. TubT

TubT
    from Texas

Seems to me like this whole debacle opens a door to some entrepreneur who wants to pick up some valuable properties at fire-sale prices.

3. johnc451

johnc451

Here is my two cents. I tried the number on the letter for two days and got the recording. Then I saw the other number posted by Lucas. Got an answer on the third ring. Pleasant operator offered the same deal which I declined so she calculated my refund and three more which I had given as gifts to friends last year. I now have the "promise" of a refund in 4-6 weeks. The money will supposedly come to me since I was the gift donor. I will take the guys out for a beer and wait to see if the $$$ arrives. My understanding is that Street Rodder will continue in some digital format so revenue should still be forthcoming. If that is so, I am sure the state's Attorney General would enjoy bags of letters from subscribers who had been promised refunds. The total $$ involved on my part won't cover more than the beer and the gas to get there but a beloved friend used to say to me--" ...before anyone can walk all over you, you have to lay down..." Quietly waiting.

4. They certainly have "shit in the well" with regard to anybody ever trusting them again, but in reality they probably don't care. MAXIMUM profit today, to hell with tomorrow.

5. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I renewed my subscription for 2 years to Street Rodder last August online through "Magazine Agent". Got M.A.'s phone number through Ten Publishing (got though to them in 3 calls).
    Called M.A. and got through in one call. Lady I talked to said I will have $38.32 credited to my charge card in 5 to 7 days. Had a confirming email within 5 minutes. Whole thing done in less than 15 minutes.

6. J53

J53
    from WI

Yep, same here- first call, three minute wait, “check for $57.40 coming in 4-6 weeks”. My Street Rodder ran through January of 2022 so $57 is more than I paid for what I will not receive. It doesn’t sound consistent with what they told TagMan. That is IF we even receive these checks! The thing I found funny was not even needing to tell them why I was calling.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

I called yesterday and tried to cancel what is left of my Car Craft and Super Chevy subscriptions. As has been said lately, they’re not very good anymore. My main issue was to cancel Automatic Renewal to my credit card next October. Lo and behold, I got a gentleman from a “3rd. World Country “ whose English was heavily accented and very hard to understand, even with my hearing aids turned up higher. I finally got him to cancel my subscriptions, he wanted to know why I was canceling. I told him the quality was degenerating. He said I was getting a good deal. He said you will get magazine’s until October, I wanted to stop now. Getting my “Automatic Renewal “ was another battle, I won, I think. Will definitely be in touch with my CC Company. 40 minute phone call.

8. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I checked my credit card online this a.m. "Street Rodder" credited my account as promised.

Blue One and Jalopy Joker like this.
  9. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

when R&C folded, they started sending me "circle track" or something like that. i called and they offered me "motor trend," which was the favorite of my 85-year-old father. sheesh!

10. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

Put me down too....I talked to Ms. Olivia.My "refund" is on it way.We'll see, I'm not holding my breath

11. I got the same message on the phone. I hunted they're website for an email for subscriptions. I sent an email to them listing the mags I subscribed to. I also told them I'm too old for digital mags. LOL A few hours later I got an email saying they would credit my card for one sub and send me checks for the others. I got the checks second week in January. Cashed them and put it toward race car parts for my Henry J. I will miss Hot Rod Deluxe though!

12. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I got my refund check for Street Rodder magazine in the mail today. I had asked for a check but didn’t expect to ever see one.

13. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Wow all of the good car magazines appear to be gone forever!
    What's let to choose from?

Jimbo

14. Tedd

Tedd

I called the 1-877-485-6429 number on the bottom of the letter sent to me informing me about the discontinuation of my Car Craft and Street Rodder subscriptions and got someone right away. After a two minute conversation just to confirm my identity, address, and subscriptions, I'm supposedly getting a check for the amount of $88.41. Now it's just wait and see.

15. maneri

maneri
    from ohio

thanks Tedd good phone # -15 minutes -got back over $50 plus 7 more issues to hot rod thanks again

16. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I have tried calling a few times and couldn't get through. I tried the email 2 times and got an answer yesterday. they want me to take a different mag in print or digital. I emailed them back requesting a money refund for both mags I was getting. We will see what the response is now.

17. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Since I had never received any notification, snail mail or email, I called them. Got answered in a couple of minutes. Refund for my three subs on the way. Could not have been a better experience other than still getting the magazines. No desire for digital.

18. Got my refund check yesterday.......5 weeks.........will see if it bounces at my bank Thursday......

19. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

$38.32 refunded to my C.C. yesterday. Didn't think it would actually happen.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  20. This was the email I got back when I ask for a refund and not their digital crap

Screenshot_20200129-231945_Email.jpg

21. liliysdad

liliysdad
    from Oklahoma

MotorTrend on Demand is good stuff.

22. Fordors

Fordors

7E910EC7-3B45-4AE1-85DF-6D150E327A77.jpeg Send another email, this time to
    hotroddeluxe@emailcustomerservice.
    com
    Don’t get cranky with them, just explain what you are owed. I got results with that, I was owed $69.97, took a little while but I have no doubt they are processing many refunds.

23. Dirk35

Dirk35

I originally emailed them asking for a refund because I had mailed my subscription renewal about a week before the announced shutting down the Street Rodder Publication. They replied to my email stating that they would issue a full refund. But then they mailed me the thingy saying I could subscribe to their other publication online as my refund.

So I called this telephone # for TEN Publishing: 877-388-7761, actually got a real person. She said she would process the actual refund and have a check sent to me. It arrived yesterday. IMG_0335.jpg

swade41 likes this.
  24. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

I haven't been "shepherding" this thread since I posted it, but it's nice too see that HAMBers have been getting good results from TEN Publishing. Thanks for your likes - I appreciate you and the HAMB. Lucas

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  25. Dirk35

Dirk35

26. I told them offers did not work for me and to send a refund? Figure I'll never see one!

27. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I called yesterday and i have a refund coming

28. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

I think I have all of you beat! My wife sent in an electronic renewal for Street Rodder 2 days before they announced the stoppage of printing the magazine. Our credit card was credited back the full amount last week and we never called! They did it on their own. Can't ask for more than that!
    SPark

6-bangertim likes this.
  29. Murph8

Murph8

Ol’ Skool Rodz and car kulture Deluxe are both still in print!

30. saltracer219

saltracer219

I am happy to report that I received my refund check in the mail a couple of days ago, so be persistant!