Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Racing at George Ray's who's interested

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Oct 22, 2018.

1. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

2. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

Those are amazing!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang and flux capacitor like this.
  3. its always a trade off. going early means cooler and wetter weather. we got rained out in the mid may race. i was thinking the holiday would provide a extra day for travel.

loudbang and saltflats like this.
  4. Here’s the deal: I’m definitely going to come to this next year and bring my 9 year old son and two nephews, age 18 and 19. My Dad will come along too, he was in the pits with me when I used to drag race. BUT, and I mean BUT, when the drag racing itch in me comes back out, you guys can deal with my Wife! Now, I gotta go dig out one of my 327s and forged TRW 12 to 1 pistons. Just got to decide on what heads to use and find a H.A.M.B. friendly car to put it in........

5. Go man go

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang and Truckdoctor Andy like this.
  6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

There's only one head for a 327 and that's a true camel hump, now you can have them in aluminum.
    They are made by Trick Flow and they even have one that is set up for a .600 lift camshaft.
    You probably won't set any records with them but you'll look good doing it.

Good article here:
    https://www.rodauthority.com/tech-stories/engine/double-hump-heads-trick-flow/

7. What's this "deal with my wife " thing?

Ben

8. I was still racing when we got married. Life has a habit of sneaking up on you and a couple of years later I just didn’t have the time that I used to. Part of the problem is that I started working 50 miles from home instead of 10 miles from home and the time I used to spend working on the car during the week was used to commute. She has never objected to anything I have done or been into, but money has been a little tight as of late. I mentioned Junior Dragsters once and she got scared of the danger.

loudbang, Old wolf and Gammz like this.
  9. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I am not sure what way to go on dates for the race, but I know you cant please everyone. I like earlier, but open to here what works. If anyone has a George Ray sticker for my tool box I would be willing to buy it from ya, I forgot to get one when I was down there in the spring.

Those are some cool pics from the track. More truck problems, so I believe my racing season is done, time to start planning what I am going to change and get some parts. I always said I would not put a roll bar in my truck but I hope to be knocking on low 11's come spring, but I still don't want a roll bar. Time will tell maybe just a new truck to race.
    Tony

loudbang and Gammz like this.
  10. Get a set of 327 truck pistons. Those dished forged ones. put bigger valves in a set of open chamber heads. And mount a blower or turbo on it. For the 1/8 mile you need low rear gears.

11. chucky1

chucky1

Mashie did a story for Gasser Wars magazine about September race at George Rays dragstrip. Check Gasser Wars out on Facebook if you want a copy.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. We are going to do it again the second weekend in may. Be there.

13. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

14. yes. wrench bender are you planning on bringing both awb cars for a shot at the money?

rocketsled59 and loudbang like this.
  15. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

16. Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  17. chucky1

chucky1

Thanks Mashie

18. Ok, I realize that it just started getting cold, but how long till George Ray’s?

Old wolf likes this.
  19. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I think if all is still on line as I had talked with Brian last week It will be may 8-10 2020

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

20. I spoke to the head of the brew city gassers at pri today. They have invited me to their x mas party so I can fill them in on the race. They want to bring their group.

21. chucky1

chucky1

22. Plans are being drawn up for 2020. More cars and excitement are planned. Mark your calendar today.

23. Done deal, it’s on there, looking forward to it and meeting a bunch of you guys.

flux capacitor and Old wolf like this.
  24. There is a slight change to the race date. St Louis has a race on the date we were thinking about that being the second weekend in may. Their schedule has already been posted. We wont be able to draw any cars from the st.louis and surrounding area that weekend. So the decision has been made to hold the race on the third weekend in may. The dates are the 15,16,17th. We think this will work best to get the most cars. We don't want guys having to decide which race to go to.
    New for this year will be a 70 and older car show added to the event.
    Please spread the word about the race date and car show.

25. 20200215_195418.jpg I met with the Brew City Gassers last night to talk about George Ray's. Several guys expressed interest in coming. They liked the idea of a north vs south shoot out.

26. I hope this covd crap is over by the time the event is.

27. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

All races cancelled for next 2 weeks.

chryslerfan55 and Old wolf like this.
  28. chucky1

chucky1

I have started a YouTube channel for old George Ray videos. Look up Charles Jolliff and click on the photo I posted there. Apparently I wasn't the only Charles Jolliff when I created the channel. Like and subscribe. It's a slow process uploading VHS vids.

Attached Files:

29. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

No masks?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  30. Look at the date it was posted first.

chryslerfan55 likes this.