Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Never seen this done before!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Is this bullshit?? 20200117_203607.jpg

catdad49 likes this.
  2. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seen it done before, pretty much just doing something to be different. Definitely no performance advantage.

3. Nitro crew chief

Nitro crew chief
    from Illinois

I've seen it done before, but I don't know much about it, I'm sure someone much more knowledgeable then me will chime in. I'd like to hear it run and see how it sounds.

4. Slopok

Slopok

That's nothn', ever see the flathead V8 with only one head run???

5. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

How much shit from the front tires get sucked in the carbs??

6. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Camshaft is ground so exhaust valves become intake valves and intake valves become exhaust valves.

7. Yeah the camshaft was the first thing i thought about, a guy here at work just showed it to me, I'd never seen it done. And yeah i know there's no advantage other than looks, but it looks cool :cool:

8. Photo is about 10 yrs old at least, just a novelty act

9. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've seen both a flathead V8 and a Model B 4cly that fired on half their cylinders while the other half of the cylinders were used as a compressor. Farmer ingenuity.

10. So it's just for looks?

11. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup just like Swade's avatar unfortunately. :(

12. Smaller exhaust valves become the intake.Bigger intake become the exhaust.

13. What a waste of time... cars are for driving, pictures are for looking at :D

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  14. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Just look at the valves, ports, and all things 'breathing'. Efficient? Not in THAT direction...
    Remember everything you read since the 4 banger era? Port and relieve, (flatheads) Polish intake ports on the OHVs!
    Now, just imagine being the fresh atomized charge rushing through the restricted port size of the exhaust path.
    Bet it ran better NATURALLY aspirated...

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  15. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I have seen that car run, sounds anemic......there is no advantage to that, just like irishsteve said, big exh valves and tiny intake valves. dumb idea

16. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Seen it done with motorcycle carburetors before; those are probably the same. The front mounted/relocated distributor would make the SBC advantageous is some chassis where the SBF has been more often used. Some sort of remote water pump has to be used, and there is a stub drive so the camshaft still drives the oil pump. As far as swapping valves goes, they could use inserts and regrind the seats to use larger intakes and smaller exhaust. It's all just not worth it! So, it had a good beat, and I liked the lyrics, but it was kinda hard to dance to, so I gave it a three. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

17. Do you think they was drunk and said "imagine this shit, I'm gonna put my carbs where my headers are supposed to be!" Lmao

hotrodjack33 and Budget36 like this.
  18. Oh no......your giving HRP a run.......

scotty t, kidcampbell71 and swade41 like this.
  19. Oh did he get drunk and do it? :D

20. doyoulikesleds

doyoulikesleds

p135215_largeBuick_Nailhead_Powered_DragsterPassenger_Side-1.jpg might be where they got the idea

21. hotrodjack33 likes this.
  22. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

The idea has been tried for at least 80 years. It hasn't worked yet.

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  23. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I see at least two benefits. Remove spark plugs on a hot engine without burning fingers and automatic windshield de-icing.

24. doyoulikesleds

doyoulikesleds

I have read that it helped on the nailhead with a blower.

25. Think the parts house has the correct "exhaust manifold" gaskets lmao! I thought it was pretty cool when he showed it to me. Just thought I'd throw it on here and see if it was for real or just for looks o_O

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  26. Just like Lone Watie said.... All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it’s not for eatin’. It’s just for lookin’ through

williebill, 32Dan, 62rebel and 3 others like this.
  27. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

28. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

C'mon Lloyd, you're not fooling anybody here. We all know this is exactly what you're planning for the Sedan Delivery...carbs in the fender wells and exhaust sticking out of the hood like Hilborn injectors:D:eek::D

29. fordor41

fordor41

"farmer ingenuity". we used to rent gas compressors that had SBF engines, 4 cylinders ran, 4 cylinders were compressor

Boneyard51 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  30. mopacltd

mopacltd

After talking to Tom Hoover( the Godfather of the Hemi ) He stated the the longer the stacks, the more horsepower it made. The only restriction was astetics(sp).