Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features TEN Publishing Cancelled Magazine Refund

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucas doolin, Jan 16, 2020.

1. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

Called the Ten Publishing telephone number indicated by Saltracer219 - 877-485-6429 and repeatedly got a recorded message like "Due to the high call volume, we have stopped answering the phone." Checked the Internet and found an alternate telephone # for TEN Publishing: 877-388-7761.
    Had to wait about 3 minutes and spoke with Ms Olivia who provided the refund(s) I requested. So, TEN Publishing WILL REFUND the unused portion of your cancelled publications. Lucas

2. Phil1934

Phil1934

Got the "due to high calling volume..." there too.

gnichols likes this.
  3. Yes.......they said I will get a check for the unused subscription in 4 - 6 weeks.. On week #2 now.......maybe they will keep their promise, but I'm not holding my breath.......a company in financial trouble has little credibility......and we have zero recourse.....

uncleandy 65 likes this.
  4. 38bill

38bill
    from Minnesota

I've been calling today also with the same results. I still have at least 21 months of subscription left. Does anybody know if Street Rodder is dead right now or will there be any issues still coming?

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

yep

6. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Yes Street Rodder is dead

7. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Excellent thanks Lucas

8. kevinrevin

kevinrevin
    from East Texas

Which titles survive? My Car Craft is paid through 9/'21, and Hot Rod is through 2/'21.
    I haven't been contacted yet about either one ending.

9. prpmmp

prpmmp

10. kevinrevin

kevinrevin
    from East Texas

11. the flatlander

the flatlander

The publishing company isn't in financial trouble, their just criminals. They are (mostly) just bean counters nowadays. They saw a way to suck out some cash from the titles & did it. If they gave a shit they'd of contacted us or put it in the last magazines. Yea, poor publishing company....at least have Hot Rod (as thin as it is), & maybe they will add a few pages of hot rods.....maybe, if THEY even care. Alan

uncleandy 65 likes this.
  12. finn

finn

Got the letter yesterday and (persistently) called for a refund. The obviously overwhelmed lady processed three of the four titles I asked about, and which were listed in the letter. I will get three checks totaling around $80.

One title, Muscle Car Review, she said I ordered through a subscription service, so she couldn’t help me on that one, other than to give me the service’s number. Called them and they told me that my subscription expired in 2018... somebody owes me 21 months for that one, since the mailing tag says exp in 2021.

I forgot that I had one more subscription to a cancelled magazine that somehow didn’t get mentioned in the letter, so I guess i’ll Have to get in the telephone que again.

Not sure it’s worth it, but it’s a principle type of thing.

Their offer of online access to Motor Trend and a six month subscription to MT tv (video) is a farce. You can sign up for a year of the TV (actually online video) channel for $1/month.

Latigo likes this.
  13. squirrel

squirrel

Where is that? link please?

14. tjm73

tjm73

I got an offer for 6 months of motortrend tv. I was like ok I'll do that. went to take their deal and hold on....I have to sign up for recurring billing after the "free" period. They can get bent while pounding salt as well as rocks.

Pete L. likes this.
  15. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

My call finally went thru - longish wait time - Politely refused all the offers - Will be getting a check for $7 and change. I am getting a check because I paid for my last subscription by check.

16. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just got an offer in the mail today for former subscribers: 20 bucks for 3 years and a cheap Chinese digital watch. Don't think so.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  17. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I called and will be getting a refund for remaining months of Super Chevy.
    No refund for Street Rodder and Car Craft as I extended them at a NSRA event which was called a promotion (t shirt included) by a 3rd party sales agent. The best they could do is extend my subscription to Hot Rod for the remaining months.
    Looks like I’ll get Hot Rod till long after I’m gone...........:rolleyes:

hotrodharry2 likes this.
  18. finn

finn

Keeps popping up on my Facebook feed. I’ll try to capture it next time I see it. New subscribers only.

Looks legit. Think I had an email too...I ‘ll look tonight.

19. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Have repeatedly called both numbers without any luck. Now have sent the email. Wait and see I guess. It's not the money. It's just them expecting that we would all just set back and take their crap like they offered us such a great deal.

TrailerTrashToo likes this.
  20. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Wow, just called again and got a real person on the first ring! Getting refunded in 4 - 6 weeks. Gonna wait and see....

21. Crkrjac

Crkrjac
    from Waxhaw NC

Got the same today.

22. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

You have to be either a little crazy or insane to even consider starting a New car magazine of any kind these day's.
    I personalty don't like the tread I see for old cars or hot rods but there is no way I can see to change what is happening!
    I think the real answer is we need more old guy's but instead every year they are passing on to another world.

Jimbo

1morecarIpromise! likes this.
  23. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

Guess I got lucky? I had almost 2 years of Street Rodder left and I got a refund via my credit card. I promptly signed up with HAMB Alliance and Rodders Journal for their 1 year of both for offer.

24. This whole debacle with TEN kinda makes me smile. I had given up Street Rodder a year or so ago and My HRM subscription expired with the most recent issue. Content was either way too much stuff I can't identify with, or no real content at all.

Several years ago I happened to answer the phone call from one of SRM's telemarketers who asked me if I would like a special deal on my Street Roader Magazine. I asked her to repeat that as I was a little hard of hearing at the time (worse now). Sure, she said, that would be Street Roader Magazine. I thanked her and politely declined. I guess I secretly knew the writing was on the wall and have referred to the magazine as Street Roader ever since. Still makes me smile though.

Street Rodder had a good long run, but times change. I still like a magazine in my hand but will still be happy with the HAMB content for "traditional" hot rods.

25. Phil1934

Phil1934

I'm going to wait it out until they answer phones again. They say you can swap to digital HRM. Is this concurrent with my print subscription? If after then I will get 6 yrs. I'm 66. I don't see how you can quit offering a product without a refund if not bankrupt.

26. SR100

SR100

If that is the same $1 offer that they were running during the holiday, the bottom of the screen said "with limited ads" That is the real farce.

27. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got the cancellation letter from Street Rodder in the mail as well. Called and they said they will issue a refund as well-will wait and see.

Bigmac48 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  28. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I have yet to receive any kind of notice. Will HRM continue in print or just digital?

29. Hot Rod magazine is still being printed..

Pete L. and lothiandon1940 like this.
  30. Dennis D

Dennis D

No luck for me getting to them by phone. Tried an email but it bounced. Sent them a letter and told them to extend my HRM with the remaining SR mags or refund my money. We will see what happens. Also told them not to contact me after the HRM runs out but to please contact me when Rod and Custom is resurrected :p D

6-bangertim likes this.