Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 54 BUICK RAGTOP STOLEN IN WASHINGTON STATE.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr48chev, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got word a couple of hours ago that the Baby doll blue 54 Chevy convertible that Bill Ross built several years ago and then sold was stolen while inside a semi trailer with two other cars from an auction yard in Edgewood, Wa a burb of Seattle. either Sunday evening or Monday morning.
    From Lance Lambert's fb post :
    The stolen semi is a white 2003 Freightliner sleeper with “U Map Trucking LLC” in blue lettering on the sides and Washington State license plates 73046RP. The stolen trailer is a white enclosed Boyd car hauler with Washington State license plate 03386AB. The three stolen classic cars are a red 1953 Cadillac El Dorado, a black 1964 Ford Galaxy 500 two door hard top with red interior, and a light blue 1954 Buick Century with white soft-top convertible.
    I didn't recognize the Cad or the Ford but the Buick is known to Custom car folks all over the US and beyond. I can't dig any of my photos out of Photobucket so I have to post the one he posted. Car is actually a powder blue out in the daylight.
    Bill.jpg

2. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Bad enough that these things happen; even worse it was in this State. And Inslee sidelined the death penalty. Many years ago, when I gave away all my Hydros and spare parts (STOOOOOPID!!!), it all went to a guy from Edgewood.
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

3. leon bee

leon bee

Easy for me to say, but it kinda seems like somebody shoulda been keeping an eye on that.

49ratfink likes this.
  4. 2x^, AN EYE, A CAMERA, A LOJACK, AN ALARM, CHAINS AROUND THE WHEELS / AXLES, A FIFTH WHEEL LOCK, CAR PARKED IN FRONT OF TRAILER.........

williebill and chryslerfan55 like this.

5. john walker

john walker

They were all found, damaged. The buick looks the worst. Looks like they just slid them out of the trailer and took off with the truck and trailer.

49ratfink likes this.
  6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hadn't seen that. Sad to see that they were just dumped rather than unloaded and parked somewhere.

49ratfink and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. back up for continuing details.

8. Sporty45

Sporty45

Some people just plain suck :mad:

49ratfink likes this.
  9. belair

belair

It's funny (not funny ha ha) - we think the cars were desired and stolen, and it was just the truck and trailer. Sure do like that Buick, hope it gets put back right.

Happydaze and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. There’s a special place in hell for guys who steal things.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

williebill and CC-Mo like this.
  11. 34Larry

34Larry

PM'd you

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  12. -Brent-

-Brent-

13. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

The truck and trailer were both POS too; why do that to those cars just to steal some junky truck/trailer? In it's current condition, that Buick is still worth more than the truck/trailer (saw a photo on YellowBullet of them). Just completely stupid. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

chryslerfan55 and CGkidd like this.
  14. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Dirty buggers.

15. Andy K

Andy K

16. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

F"!!!!! Better than nothin... Damn

17. Jay71

Jay71

Damn it. That Buick’s a beauty.

18. belair

belair

19. CGkidd

CGkidd

Anyone who has seen it in person knows that Buick is just awesome. Makes me sick.

Sent from my E6910 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. Sporty45

Sporty45

Holy shit! What an asshole to do that to that beautiful car. Like I said earlier, some people just plain suck :mad:

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like the buggers who stole the truck shoved the cars out without using the ramps. That trailer is probably half way converted into a meth lab by now.
    Sad to see the Buick that banged up but it looks like it can be fixed.

22. Andy K

Andy K

Some people just plain should have been swallowed

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Can I be the first to say, "That should buff right out!". In reality though I would consider that minor damage compared to what could have happened. Into the body shop it goes...

24. that's sad to see, always liked that Buick.. seen it a lot as shows thru out the PNW.. hope it's fixed..
    string them up and drag them behind the car.. f'ing scumbags

25. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

I WAS going to say:

"HEY GUYS! See the cool 63 1/2 Ford Galaxie I just bought cheap. The seller said he just put new wheels and tires on it."

Well, I can't say that now that they've found all three cars. The Ford isn't a 64 but a 63 1/2, just like mine except for the wheels and tires/mirrors. Looks like the Ford and Caddy faired pretty well, the Buick not so much. Insurance should pay to put them all back like they were. I'm with others...why steal them and keep the truck? Maybe they got scared about trying to pawn off the cars and dumped them?

Attached Files:

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Quite simply as in most trailer thefts the thieve (s) had no interest in the cars inside. They wanted the tractor and trailer and possibly just the trailer.
    The Buick could not surface anywhere in the country or world for that matter without it being immediately spotted. It's not even good for parts to rebuild another Buick because Bill changed so many things when he built it. Northwest car people no matter what kind of cars they are into know the car because it has been at so many events as Rob said.

The Cad could probably have been shipped off somewhere and had an identity change.
    The Ford would probably have been the easy one as it can manage to fade into the background without bring a lot of attention to it's self outside of Ford freaks who are into that model. Others walk by and go "oh nice" and move on to the next rig in the row. You have to know what you are looking at to understand what makes it a bit more special than similar early 60's Fords.

27. the more I look at that Buick and what happened to just gets my blood to boil... hope they catch those dirt bags.. I guess the silver lining is that all the cars were recovered thank God....

28. ????