Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Help identify friends car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by speedo1, Jan 14, 2020.

1. speedo1

speedo1

433B1095-51DB-40D0-ADC9-92C81D9C425D.jpeg 11D52D34-4C79-42C5-B964-6C9AF2AC2E86.jpeg So, a friend purchased this car not knowing much history. It is an older custom, quality work, but now needs to be restored.

Talking around the shop one day, conversation turned to: Man, what if ( insert icon) built this car? Anywho, appears to have been in the Northeast , or at least visited car shows here, as there are numerous dash plaques from early 90’s.

Any info greatly appreciated: 51-4 Lincoln, 400 Pontiac engine, believe Camaro buckets. See photos

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2020
  2. COOOOOL!

loudbang likes this.
  3. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

loudbang likes this.
  4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I just hope a dedicated Restorer gets ahold of that car and saves it!

:D:D

Frankie47, i.rant and loudbang like this.

5. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

Look at the front of the right side door cavity(between where the hinges attach to the body). there should be a number plate with serial number & data numbers. The serial # starts with the year. I think this one is probably a '53, but if you post a picture of the plate I can look up your original year, model, color, etc from my Lincoln Manuals. Hope this helps!

loudbang and Hnstray like this.
  6. DOCTOR SATAN

DOCTOR SATAN
    from okc

Kustom.....

loudbang likes this.
  7. I wish I could help with history, but agree that is kool nonetheless!

loudbang likes this.
  8. Boy, sure looks familiar--especially the unusual mod of Buick portholes in the hood. If I come up with anything I'll post it. If anybody knows something about this car, the group that @Sancho paged will definitely come up with something.
    Cool sled by the way! Good luck to your buddy in bringing it back to it's former glory! E

loudbang and Sancho like this.
  9. The body appears to be a '52-'54 Mercury Monterey with a lot of interesting modifications, looks like it could be a beauty when finished. HRP

VANDENPLAS and loudbang like this.
  10. goldmountain

goldmountain

That's a Lincoln.

54vicky, stillrunners and loudbang like this.
  11. Here is a picture of one of my customers cars, a '53 Lincoln Cosmopolitan 4 door along with my Galaxie in front of my shop. Very similar.
    100_0666.JPG

12. John B

John B

Something about it seems familiar. It has a 80s custom comeback vibe to it. Like something you'd see at one of the Springfield KKOA Spectaculars.

OG lil E, Sancho and loudbang like this.
  13. speedo1

speedo1

Keep it coming guys, great stuff!!

loudbang likes this.
  14. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I don’t remember the car, but I made the pictures big for you. When you say around here, I don’t know where that is because you didn’t fill in your location in your profile...? Why are people so afraid of that?

56don, Sancho, Thor1 and 3 others like this.
  15. speedo1

speedo1

Sorry, I’ve never been one to give to much info via internet,:). The car is currently in Massachusetts.

OG lil E and loudbang like this.
  16. What does the decal in the passenger rear window say?

loudbang likes this.
  17. sdluck

sdluck

I often see that people are asking for help but we have no clue what part of the world they are in.

18. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

The only thing is that it is easier for us to help you if we know the location.... it would be so much better if people would fill out their profile info

19. speedo1

speedo1

I really do apologize..... I figured when I stated “Northeast” and “here “, that was a general geographic location. I never look at my profile, however, I will update, forthwith.

Moriarity likes this.
  20. speedo1

speedo1

As for the sticker on window: Jason James House Rockers

loudbang likes this.
  21. So I see it started life as a Lincoln, '52 or '53? HRP

loudbang likes this.
  22. Looks like they were a band that would have played at area car shows in the area. Any other decals?

loudbang likes this.
  23. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

what are some of the shows on the dash plaques? that might jar someones memory

Hot Rods Ta Hell and Sancho like this.
  24. Contact Billy Belmont at Belmont's Rod and Custom in Dedham, Mass. 1-781-326-9599 Billy has been around for many years, and usually can answer your questions.

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The dash plaques may lead to event coverage that might possibly show the car or show who owned it at the time. Or may jog someone on here's memory of seeing it and maybe even having a photo or two stashed in the photo collection from an event.

Sancho likes this.
  26. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

"Sorry, I’ve never been one to give to much info via internet,:). The car is currently in Massachusetts."

Aha! Now we've got 'im.

scotty t, Texas Webb and Hnstray like this.
  27. speedo1

speedo1

, I will take a few more pics tomorrow

28. Loose the window tint and clean it up
    Looks neat-o

29. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

SPEEDOL : SEE PREVIOUS POST ?? If you're that paranoid, just PM me & I will be able to give you the information as to year/assembly plant/original colors/trim/etc without publishing it here : I have the Lincoln data because I have both '52 & '53 Lincolns & the Factory Manuals.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020