Register now to get rid of these ads!

34Larry.

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 34Larry, Jan 13, 2020.

1. 34Larry

34Larry

This last rejection of my 34 Ford Hiboy really does bother me. This is not a site for me to post on, just lurk on as the membership and the info and posts are top cabin. There is no other like HAMB and I've been helped a lot and supported, (at times) by a good deal of you guys, especially with my 727 Torqueflite last summer. Keep it up.
    To Ryan and staff; no hard feelings.:(
    It will be difficult not to post or reply but there must be other sites where I will be welcomed.

2. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Feel your pain. Getting to picky around here. Please keep posting.

3. Rckt98

Rckt98

Can you post a link to that thread so we can see what it is about.

4. I thought older folks were thicker skinned.

5. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Car is either to new or newer styling than 64. Mods don't like it , it's gone. Some threads are o.k. Could even be about newer than 65 and slide. Just depends on who's looking.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  6. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

This thread will disappear, you cant even talk about it.

7. ????????

I’m not sure what is going on.

Tommy

clem and Bandit Billy like this.
  8. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

Larry, I have found that you can give and get a lot of information on this site, just don’t bring up the “off topic” details of your car.
    I’m only three years younger than you but I have never owned a flathead anything powered car and don’t care to.
    Pretty much everything in my truck would would qualify on this site except for the engine, so I don’t bring it up.
    The rules here have obviously produced the results desired so I respect them.
    Searching the web can produce other sites that welcome discussion of topics ( Chevy, Mopar, Ford etc.) that are not wanted here.

I feel your pain

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

9. frank spittle

frank spittle

They usually let us vent.

10. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Can you emagin how big this place would be if there was a 66 to currant section, or something like Fordbarn. Just keep them separate.

a boner, redo32 and Boneyard51 like this.
  11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Again
    I ask if you guys (not just Larry) are being rejected because you are posting on the Traditional Hot Rod (very focussed) forum or the General Discussion forum which is much more "contemperary", both still limited to 65 and earlier.

LM14, Boneyard51 and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  12. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not when you take into account the blood thinners (bruise easily). :cool:

13. I thought we all had deleted threads.
    And with this guys negative comments ya think this wouldn’t be an issue.

14. Billy,,,,,you really tickle me,,,,,,Lol.

Tommy

Bandit Billy and Boneyard51 like this.
  15. Mimilan

Mimilan

Usually correct, Older folk are more resilient due to years of experience from the school of hard knocks
    But one caveat.
    As people age, they become less Idealistic and more Judicious in their thinking. Older folk are less tolerant to "double standards"

Hey Larry , I feel your pain.

I understand the hypocrisy of it all.
    Your Hotrod threads get removed because of the perception of IFS . [yet we openly discuss T5 trans, Radial tyres ,and Chinese made harbor freight tools]
    And some of the beautiful workmanship on the H.A.M.B is definitely not traditional.

I think you were asked to post in the General section, not the Traditional section, so my advice is don't give up
    You would fit into the 10% category [the 10% who actually own a going hot rod instead of being a keyboard commando] so you're already ahead of the game.

I'll leave you with this photo to ponder over [he needs no introduction here]
    AK Miller.jpg

16. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Larry's okay, his only crime is lovin his hot rod too much. Anyway, I'd rather see him stir'n the pot than smokin it.

loudbang, redo32, Boneyard51 and 2 others like this.
  17. Mimilan

Mimilan

And "over the hill" instead of "under it"

Bandit Billy likes this.
  18. Exactly. I’m sure he is OK
    That’s why I’m surprised when someone stirs the pot then gets upset when poop gets on their hands

19. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I don’t know what happened, but it’s probably not as bad as you think! I have had my threads yanked because of some small item, then see others post the same thing and no problem! That’s the way the world is! Don’t let it get you down! I just repost, within the “ limits” , usually with a little sarcastic twist , that most folks don’t even get...... but I do! I even reposted with a joke early on ..... and got a guy to actually ask about it!
    Larry 34 ..... you have to beat them at their own game! That has been the recipe for my success for fifty years!

Bones

wicarnut, arkiehotrods and Blues4U like this.
  20. Don't wear your feelings on your sleeves as the old saying goes. If you leave, you are the only one that will be missing out. Learn to ignore what you don't like.....kinda like being married, ya know?o_O

21. -Brent-

-Brent-

Your car had some history prior to your ownership, didn't it? If I remember correctly it was full fendered, right?

I bet if the car was still fendered, you'd have less of an issue. Being that it's not and the OT stuff can be seen (and it's talked about), it makes it OT.

You're pushing a boulder uphill by continually trying to see if the car fits.... but that doesn't mean YOU don't fit.

The positive is the car doesn't care about the HAMB. It just needs to be driven to be enjoyed.

22. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Do you like your car Larry? do you enjoy driving it? Do you enjoy working on it? Why do you give a shit what others have to say about it? Do it for yourself without looking for the admiration of your peers.

23. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

You ask this same basic question/make this statement about every 6 months or so. You get the same answers every time. Nothing has changed. Why do you feel so strongly your car fits here? It doesn't. Mine isn't an absolute fit, that's why my build thread is in the general discussion section, not traditional. They keep removing your posts for a reason, accept that and move on. Enjoy driving your car and stop worrying why a message board doesn't like it that is based on things pre 1965.
    SPark

24. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Larry, don't go !

I'm reasonably new here but I've always enjoyed your postings ...and even "liked" you a number of times:D

And your car is a hell of a lot more traditional than some of these "acceptable" Brookville bodied, P&J framed builds on the board...at least it has HISTORY

Like mentioned above, use General discussion, change your avatar to a side view, and don't mention those parts that some folks consider so EVIL.

Glad nobody has looked under my avatar:rolleyes:

25. 34Larry

34Larry

My car is the 34 you see in my avatar. Not HAMB friendly because it has Jaguar independent suspension not considered to be traditional.

RCKT98: when given the information that the car was now okay to post I posted my picture working on the hemi with the frame, as asked by a member a while back who was wanting to see the faces of the members, and one of the show quality frame it sits on with the IFS &IRS. Done so due to false information given me. I knew the car had been "disqualified", long ago but the faulty info assured me it was now okay, (just an error on his part he is not to blame in any way).

26. 34Larry

34Larry

I always post on the General

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  27. 34Larry

34Larry

As I said, "I am not leaving, will still be around, just not going to post. This site is to valuable to leave. I understand it is accessible w/o being a member, but to bow out is to loose out, ain't going there.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  28. 34Larry

34Larry

Lumpy it is not a question of what other people think of it, its about being qualified for the site.

29. 34Larry

34Larry

LM this morning I was infromed the car was now qualified for the site. That was done in error. Meanwhile thinking it was qualified I posted, it was deleted again. understandably. Moving on as you suggest, good advise I'll take it. No hard feelings at all like I said.

LM14 likes this.
  30. I'm afraid the independent front suspension is off topic, any aftermarket front suspension is off topic.

It is up to the moderators to make the call. HRP

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    lurker mick likes this.